Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Looking for help/a recommendation:

We are planning a 6 night/5 park (MK twice and then all of the other parks) day stay the last week in April 2023. It will be my husband, mother in law, myself and our two kids (9 and 6). We were originally looking at booking one of the newly rethemed Moana rooms but I see that the Deluxe Studio - Standard Rooms are the same price (and we would get an extra bathroom). I saw that some of the Deluxe Studios had a soft update…does this include the ones I am looking at (that has the pull down Murphy bed from the wall instead of the couch unfolding)? We are not doing DVC but are rather booking booking directly through Disney. Also, is there a certain building or level or room we should request?

Looking for help/a recommendation:

We are planning a 6 night/5 park (MK twice and then all of the other parks) day stay the last week in April 2023. It will be my husband, mother in law, myself and our two kids (9 and 6). We were originally looking at booking one of the newly rethemed Moana rooms but I see that the Deluxe Studio - Standard Rooms are the same price (and we would get an extra bathroom). I saw that some of the Deluxe Studios had a soft update…does this include the ones I am looking at (that has the pull down Murphy bed from the wall instead of the couch unfolding)? We are not doing DVC but are rather booking booking directly through Disney. Also, is there a certain building or level or room we should request?

Yes, all of the Deluxe Studios received a soft goods refurb recently that included the pull down bed instead of the folding couch.

I think Tokelau is the best longhouse to request with that room type - central location, best standard views,etc. All floors have a balcony or patio in the Deluxe Studio longhouses, so nothing to worry about there. Some people like to also request top floor just to be higher up, no one above you, etc.

You’ll. be a little…cozy… with your crew in that room, probably stating the obvious. Although I can see why the additional bathroom would have some appeal in your situation.

Enjoy your trip!

Do people find first and second floor rooms noisy with the walking above or the noise from the walking paths outside ? I would prefer to stay first floor because we will have a stroller with us and would prefer to avoid elevators but am concerned that it may be noisy. We are booked for a standard room. TIA

Yes, all of the Deluxe Studios received a soft goods refurb recently that included the pull down bed instead of the folding couch.

I think Tokelau is the best longhouse to request with that room type - central location, best standard views,etc. All floors have a balcony or patio in the Deluxe Studio longhouses, so nothing to worry about there. Some people like to also request top floor just to be higher up, no one above you, etc.

You’ll. be a little…cozy… with your crew in that room, probably stating the obvious. Although I can see why the additional bathroom would have some appeal in your situation.

Enjoy your trip!
Thank you for your informative quick reply. The room has a queen bed and the pull down bed is also a queen, correct? My MIL is not a fan of staying by herself and is good with one of our kids sleeping in her bed. (We usually do this at our lake house too.) It will be a tight fit and she may not want to see us for a month after that but at least we are saving a little money, right? 😂

@zmdisneyworld (I'm actually not sure it's more crowded than Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club, since so many people choose BC for the pool and are thus more likely to avail themselves of it.)

This is actually a good point, I hadn't considered.
I think Cabius is correct. Many people I know who stay at BC/YC, choose to stay there specifically to enjoy Stormalong Bay so I think a larger percentage of the guests are using that pool than at some of the other resorts. My own family has gone swimming on many Disney trips, but the only time we ever purposely planned a "pool day" and used the pool area more than once was when we stayed at Yacht Club.

Do people find first and second floor rooms noisy with the walking above or the noise from the walking paths outside ? I would prefer to stay first floor because we will have a stroller with us and would prefer to avoid elevators but am concerned that it may be noisy. We are booked for a standard room. TIA
Noise from walking overhead? No. But I do think the walking paths outside can be an issue. Not everywhere, but we’ve had a couple stays in the where the walking path was quite close to the room and definitely caused some noise and just weird from a privacy perspective (had to keep remembering to close the blinds before showering or changing).

First floor location had no noise issues from above or walkway for us in Tokelau. I would recommend it for ease of location and not waiting for elevators.

This is our first three-way split: one night at French Quarter, three at Yacht, five at Poly. My husband hates the idea of splits, but it's really helped us find what we like. I would've just done four at Yacht, but by the time I tried to add on the first night, it was a different room view. I figured if we have to change anyway, might as well stay somewhere we can boat to Disney Springs the minute we check in (we drive in and arrive late afternoon usually). I'm really looking forward to trying this combo!
I completely understand! I've had similar issues with view categories and availability at YC and BC. POFQ is a nice small moderate so it should be a fun way to start the trip. It's DS proximity is great. I find picking a WDW resort is like buying real estate... location, location, location!

This may have already been reported but not sure if I’ve seen it. In case not, I noticed Disney added a little blurb to their Poly web page:

As we prepare for the proposed expansion at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, you will see and hear construction at certain times of day. To minimize disruptions during your stay, activities that may create noise will not start earlier than 9 a.m.

This may have already been reported but not sure if I’ve seen it. In case not, I noticed Disney added a little blurb to their Poly web page:

As we prepare for the proposed expansion at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, you will see and hear construction at certain times of day. To minimize disruptions during your stay, activities that may create noise will not start earlier than 9 a.m.
Do you know what areas are going to be impacted? I just booked a garden view club level room for July. I originally had theme park view but switched to garden view for savings since I was only going to be there for a day. Also how are the walkways? My family might want to walk to grand Floridian instead of monorail.

Also when starting to do online check in for rooms, it doesn't even list an option for higher room floors. It just list ground floor. Will I need to email them to get 3rd floor as an option?

Last edited:
Let us know what y'all decide!
So we booked the Poly pool/marina view (hoping for quiet pool view) for Saturday-Saturday and will probably do 5 park days and 1 resort/hopping day. All of that TBD. We still have the option to switch of course to WL but I think the kids both said they liked how the Poly looked (after watching many videos). Wife and I appreciate the bigger rooms and access to boat/monorail/bus/walking to TTC.

I am considering switching our last two days to the Poly for a short mom/daughter trip. My daughter, 8, has always wanted to stay there but mostly because of the pool play area. It looks pretty large, are there age or height restrictions (she’s very tall)? It would be a big expense for her to be disappointed not to be able to play in it. Thanks!

I am considering switching our last two days to the Poly for a short mom/daughter trip. My daughter, 8, has always wanted to stay there but mostly because of the pool play area. It looks pretty large, are there age or height restrictions (she’s very tall)? It would be a big expense for her to be disappointed not to be able to play in it. Thanks!
At pretty much all the resorts the sign says the splash zone is for 48 inches and under. This rule is rarely enforced as long as the older kids are being mindful not to be rough with the little ones.

Odd question -

Does anyone know if you have a patio room, can the patio doors lock from the outside? ie: if we wanted to go to the pool and leave through the patio door instead of the actual door?

Demolition Underway as CHANGES Come to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

Today as we were riding by on the monorail, we noticed that Disney has begun to demolish the theater that was formerly home to the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show. When the changes were announced for the Polynesian, it was revealed that the show would be closing, but it definitely feels more final to see the old building being torn apart.

Are you able to tell me how visible and noisy this is to the other buildings? We go in less than 2 weeks and I really had hoped it would take longer for them to get started.

Odd question -

Does anyone know if you have a patio room, can the patio doors lock from the outside? ie: if we wanted to go to the pool and leave through the patio door instead of the actual door?
No, the doors can not be locked from the outside.
Not intentionally anyway.

Spirit of Aloha, Luau Cove Demolition Continues at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

spirit-aloha-luau-cove-demolition-polynesian-1.jpg

spirit-aloha-luau-cove-demolition-polynesian-3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter