Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I need to stop reading this thread as I am starting to get a tinge of regret for my August trip at the Boardwalk.
Plan on visiting a few times...praying for monorail by then...for ohana and captain cooks...and I am sure I will love the Boardwalk when I can stagger back from Food and Wine ..but having been there last year, and the addition of the Moana rooms, is making me want to go back.

I need to stop reading this thread as I am starting to get a tinge of regret for my August trip at the Boardwalk.
Plan on visiting a few times...praying for monorail by then...for ohana and captain cooks...and I am sure I will love the Boardwalk when I can stagger back from Food and Wine ..but having been there last year, and the addition of the Moana rooms, is making me want to go back.

I had the same issue! I couldn’t choose between staying on the Boardwalk and being able to head over to food and wine everyday or staying at my favorite resort at the Poly even if the monorail is closed! I ultimately decided on the Poly. At the end of the day I’d rather relax there! Is it too late to change your hotel?

I had the same issue! I couldn’t choose between staying on the Boardwalk and being able to head over to food and wine everyday or staying at my favorite resort at the Poly even if the monorail is closed! I ultimately decided on the Poly. At the end of the day I’d rather relax there! Is it too late to change your hotel?
I am less than 4 weeks out and am renting points plus have made my ADRs strategically to be able to walk to and from Epcot and Hollywood so even if I could I wouldn't...there are future trips...hopefully when everything is back..
Luau, monorail, etc..

I am curious about the status of the twilight feast...I would also love to know about the bacon at 'Ohana.

I am curious about the status of the twilight feast...I would also love to know about the bacon at 'Ohana.
While I will ever utter negative words about bacon the bacon at Ohana is nothing special from what I remember..which means it is bacon and therefore good but can be had anywhere else on property.

While I will ever utter negative words about bacon the bacon at Ohana is nothing special from what I remember..which means it is bacon and therefore good but can be had anywhere else on property.
The importance of the bacon is that many like me prefer to eat bacon instead of the ham they serve for breakfast at 'Ohana.

Does anyone there have a snapshot of the current activities board at the Polynesian?

I don’t have the activities board, but do have Movies Under the Stars, in case helpful. Taken 7/3. I don’t think I realized they are now doing them on the Oasis Pool Deck, I guess due to the construction in the normal spot.

ACCC2DDE-3405-4C69-AB11-57533F7EC07E.jpeg

The importance of the bacon is that many like me prefer to eat bacon instead of the ham they serve for breakfast at 'Ohana.
Yes! I’m waiting to see the “bacon reports” before I cancel. I do not like ham and the sausage is meh. It doesn’t have to be great bacon , just bacon lol! If there is bacon I’ll keep the ADR.

We have two questions for anyone who's been there recently. Do you have to use mobile order at Capt Cook's or can you walk up and order like normal?

When we're getting coffee in the morning, do they have cream out like they used to or is it little mini moo packets?

Thank you for putting together this thread, and posting some recent experiences. My wife and I will be making an extended 10 day stay in a few weeks. First time staying for more than a couple of nights at Poly. We're really looking forward to experiencing and enjoying the resort itself during our stay! Will be wonderful to hear all the experiences in the weeks ahead!

Can anyone tell me approximately how long the walk to the GF is? Thanks!
Depends on if you are hoofing it or strolling.... 6-15 . It really does vary depending on your speed. It’s a nice flat easy to do walk,

For me to plan something I’d do 10mins in my head to get from one resort to other in time, based on many walks between the 2.

Depends on if you are hoofing it or strolling.... 6-15 . It really does vary depending on your speed. It’s a nice flat easy to do walk,

For me to plan something I’d do 10mins in my head to get from one resort to other in time, based on many walks between the 2.

thank you!

What about from the poly to mk?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter