Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

So I could write a novel on the different ebbs and flows of Poly fireworks music. Over the years the quality and volume of the music has varied.

In more recent times, they have had the audio around the main beach in front of the Hawaii longhouse dialed in really well. Not long before closing they had installed some new speakers at the waters edge and it was fantastic audio quality from Hawaii.

I have also been there when a lightning strike took out audio all over and it wasn’t a great show.

But generally speaking I’ve been impressed with the audio level in more recent times. Note, I have not been since they restated fireworks so I’m speaking from pre Covid experience, not current.

Tuvalu will be different. Maybe some OK audio for the far end rooms, but I wouldn’t bank on that being as good a show than being out on the beach.
we were in room 3020 on Moorea the first week of the restart of fireworks (june 26th through july 3rd) and had a lagoon view....we could barely hear any music and im not really sure where it was comig from

Checking on the rules: if we have a Poly room and we have 2 family members who are staying at a different Disney resort, can they come swim at the Poly with us or no?

Checking on the rules: if we have a Poly room and we have 2 family members who are staying at a different Disney resort, can they come swim at the Poly with us or no?
They will refill them at the pool bars as far as I am aware. Might not be self-serve but will get the job done

Dan

Wasn't there also one by the oasis pool bar? I never used it though so not sure.

There are self serve machines at the Oasis pool. They’re around the backside behind the bar. Not sure if they are back in service though. We had mugs in 2018, 2019 pre closure and always refilled there because we were in Tokelau.

We have our first Poly stay booked starting on 9/15. The 60 day dining window is about to open and I am looking to book a reservation at the Kona Cafe. I tried to search for breakfast reservations for September 14th, the latest date available to book, and there aren’t any breakfast times available. I then started searching random dates and was never able to see an available breakfast time. Is Kona currently open for breakfast? I have to make my reservation on Sunday and I didn’t want to get up at 6 am if I didn’t have to.
TIA!

We have our first Poly stay booked starting on 9/15. The 60 day dining window is about to open and I am looking to book a reservation at the Kona Cafe. I tried to search for breakfast reservations for September 14th, the latest date available to book, and there aren’t any breakfast times available. I then started searching random dates and was never able to see an available breakfast time. Is Kona currently open for breakfast? I have to make my reservation on Sunday and I didn’t want to get up at 6 am if I didn’t have to.
TIA!

Are you looking at specific times or just "breakfast"? Specific times will net you more options.

Are you looking at specific times or just "breakfast"? Specific times will net you more options.

I just looked at “ breakfast “ and assumed that any available time would show up. There are no breakfast times showing for any date that I chose.

I just looked at “ breakfast “ and assumed that any available time would show up. There are no breakfast times showing for any date that I chose.

IDK. Once I discovered that more things show up with the individual times, I never went for the generic meals when searching.

I don't really look for Kona for breakfast as being gluten-free I'm extremely limited there - especially since they changed to a plant-based loco moco which for some weird reason isn't gluten-free.

Hi,

We have a Standard Room (2 queens - 1 daybed) booked for 8/29 to 9/4.

I requested a 3rd floor room in Samoa on the Laval pool side facing the Grand Floridian. Per Tikiman's page this is considered a "Standard Room".

Is Samoa a Standard Room longhouse. Just want to make sure my request is legit.
Samoa is a pool view longhouse. For a standard View facing GF you could request Figi-3rd floor-east facing. 🌺

TIA!
You will need to book a 6am EST at the 60 day mark. Bkfst ressies a time Kona fill up fast. 👍🌺

Just opening now ! Kona Island!
Chocolate covered strawberries! View attachment 589999View attachment 590000
💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter