Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I just switched from Poly to the YC for our early August stay and now I am regretting it! Excited to see how they open up Trader Sams today.

No, the "Moana-themed rooms" are just the hotel-side rooms. The DVC studios are receiving a soft good refresh in the coming months, but at this point I don't think we know what, if anything, will be changed from a design/theming perspective.
That daily news site is reporting that the DVC refurbs are indeed Moana.

So excited about Trader Sams opening. We have never been able to get in. Staying at the Poly in September. Has anyone heard if they are taking advanced reservations or walk in only?

So excited about Trader Sams opening. We have never been able to get in. Staying at the Poly in September. Has anyone heard if they are taking advanced reservations or walk in only?
There were rumors it would be by reservation only but that appears to not be the case (thank goodness). I didn't want to have to wake up and fight for more ADRs. I get the pent up demand now- but we have never waited more than 1.5 hours when we go.

I hope I'm not getting too obnoxious with my asking about Rarotonga, but if anyone is there now, can you please check to see if Rarotonga looks finished and opened to guests? Thank you so much!

I hope I'm not getting too obnoxious with my asking about Rarotonga, but if anyone is there now, can you please check to see if Rarotonga looks finished and opened to guests? Thank you so much!

To me, it seems that’s the only building not open right now.

FYI. Touring Plans has a walkthrough of one of the refurbed hotel rooms posted to facebook. The one thing I'd like to know is the shower/tub situation. This walkthrough looked like a standalone shower without a tub.

Hopefully we get more on the ground reports in the next few weeks.

Did the Trader Sam's Terrace open today as well? The website still says temporarily unavailable. Since we have fairly young kids we love to have that option.

I mean, it’s cool and all, but the first people started waiting in line at Trader Sam’s at roughly 12:30pm. I admire the passion I guess!
We saw all of the people lined up and then I guess they took names and gave return times?? That’s what it looked like. We happened back by when they we first letting people in and the hallway was packed and everyone looked so excited! Maybe we will try in a few days but we can wait lol!

FYI. Touring Plans has a walkthrough of one of the refurbed hotel rooms posted to facebook. The one thing I'd like to know is the shower/tub situation. This walkthrough looked like a standalone shower without a tub.

Hopefully we get more on the ground reports in the next few weeks.
Our room is a tub/shower combo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter