Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

We are finally returning to the Poly for our second visit - in a little over a week. We are hard core YC lovers and would love some room request suggestions.

Our first visit to the Poly we lucked out and were put in Niue - ground floor. We LOVED the location. DS spent a massive chunk of the week at the main pool, close to lobby, bus stop, drink station, etc. We sort of missed the balcony but I can let it go, I guess. As a Chicagoan I freak about the bug/animal situation on the ground floor.

Should I just request that building again? Or the close to lobby, main pool, etc. I'm a little worried to request a balcony because we would like to be in the center of things area.

Should I fax a request in explaining that to avoid crowds we'll be at the resort most of the trip? Does anyone still fax those in?

Thanks for the suggestions!

We are finally returning to the Poly for our second visit - in a little over a week. We are hard core YC lovers and would love some room request suggestions.

Our first visit to the Poly we lucked out and were put in Niue - ground floor. We LOVED the location. DS spent a massive chunk of the week at the main pool, close to lobby, bus stop, drink station, etc. We sort of missed the balcony but I can let it go, I guess. As a Chicagoan I freak about the bug/animal situation on the ground floor.

Should I just request that building again? Or the close to lobby, main pool, etc. I'm a little worried to request a balcony because we would like to be in the center of things area.

Should I fax a request in explaining that to avoid crowds we'll be at the resort most of the trip? Does anyone still fax those in?

Thanks for the suggestions!

As far as I know, fax requests are no longer a thing. It's best to call the main line, (407) 939-1936. If you used a travel agency, they can place the room request for you. It's best to do this ASAP so that the room assigners see the request.

What room category do you have? The buildings you are able to request will vary (e.g., Standard Room hotel side compared to Standard Studio DVC side).

As far as I know, fax requests are no longer a thing. It's best to call the main line, (407) 939-1936. If you used a travel agency, they can place the room request for you. It's best to do this ASAP so that the room assigners see the request.

What room category do you have? The buildings you are able to request will vary (e.g., Standard Room hotel side compared to Standard Studio DVC side).
travel agent - standard hotel side

travel agent - standard hotel side

Generally speaking, all of the Standard rooms are within 5 minutes walking distance to the Ceremonial House. Poly is one of the few resorts where I never complain about the walk.

Personally, I would request a room in the Rarotonga or Niue building. I also avoid ground floors like the plague (not a fan of bugs, foot traffic noise, etc.). So my request would read "Third floor, Rarotonga". It's a quick walk to both the main building and bus stop, and also close to the feature pool.

The rooms in red on this page are all Standard Rarotonga (assuming this website is still accurate),

We got back from 5 nights at the Poly yesterday. Our trip was just DH and I who are in our mid 40s. Just wanted to give a few highlights from our trip.

We had a standard view room booked and requested a King room. We were in Rarotonga 3808 - it was a handicapped room because that was all that was left with a king bed. We only had a shower stall instead of a tub - it had a fold down shower seat in it - at first I thought it was annoying because it took up a good chunk of real estate in the already small stall, but I embraced it and since we didn't have a tub to soak in, I would sit on the stool and just let the hot water pour down over me.

We really liked the remodeled rooms. The bench at the end of the bed was a great addition as a nice place to sit down and put your shoes on. The chair/ottoman isn't as comfortable as the old one, but it wasn't terrible.

We spent a lot of time at the resort and especially enjoyed the Oasis pool. It was never very crowded and the bartender/servers were fantastic. We rented a cabana for Saturday, but it ended up being only 60 degrees Saturday. My DH went down and spent some time in the cabana, but I stayed in the room snuggled under the covers watching TV.

The first day we were there, we didn't get any housekeeping service (which we expected), but then we did get it all the rest of the days. They brought towels, emptied the trash and replenished cups/TP/etc.

We got breakfast most mornings from Cap'n Cooks. I would do mobile order and my DH would run down and grab it to eat in the room. We got dinner from there one night too. The mornings were very busy, but mobile order was easy and very well organized. We got lunch from the Oasis Pool bar one afternoon and got some wings as a snack from there one day.

We went to the Tambu Lounge a couple nights for drinks. It was hit or miss about how busy it was. We ordered some food one of the nights and there was a problem when the bar tender sent our order to the kitchen, so she ended up giving us a free bread pudding for our long wait - yum yum.

The Boutiki is always one of my favorite shops in all of WDW and it was fairly sparse. I felt like all the shops didn't have nearly as much as they did pre-pandemic. I really wanted the new Poly ears, but they were already sold out and the CM said she had no idea when/if they would get more. I hate the "planned scarcity" Disney has been doing with so much merch lately.

We didn't use tons of WDW transportation. We did take the boat to MK and the Monorail to Epcot. The resort monorail broke down one morning and we ended up being super late for a breakfast ADR at the Grand Floridian. Mostly we took Lyft rides. There were always TONS of drivers and we never waited more than 5-10 minutes for a car.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Thanks for the update! We'll be there in just 2 weeks!
Do you by chance have a picture of the resort activity guide you could share?

Has anyone been able to order the Ohana food (wings, noodles, pot stickers) from Tambu Lounge and ask them to put it in a to-go container?

Which rooms in the hawaii longhouse should I request which will give me excellent views of the castle if I choose lagoon view rooms? I was thinking about paying themepark view but saw online that lagoon view would still give me a castle view. Thanks!

Which rooms in the hawaii longhouse should I request which will give me excellent views of the castle if I choose lagoon view rooms? I was thinking about paying themepark view but saw online that lagoon view would still give me a castle view. Thanks!

I wouldn’t bank on a CL Lagoon View room giving you a view of the castle. Yes, some/many do have castle views in between Bungalows or the grounds, but there are many where the sight lines just don’t line up well enough.

IMO if you want an “excellent” view of the castle guaranteed, TPV is the way to go.

But if you do book LV, being higher generally means a better view, so I’d request a high floor. Reminder that second floor rooms don’t have balconies, so that’s sometimes a consideration for some folks.

Hope that helps!

If staying at the Polynesian, would it be better to take the monorail or buses for rope dropping Early entry to Magic Kingdom? I wasn’t sure what time the monorail starts running.
Poly doesn’t have busses to MK...they have boats and monorail to MK. Or you can walk to MK it’s a long walk from Poly through GF and then path to MK...
there were busses durning time Monorail was not available but that stopped.

Has anyone been able to order the Ohana food (wings, noodles, pot stickers) from Tambu Lounge and ask them to put it in a to-go container?

I am not sure however you CAN order Kona to-go from the app same as QS. They have pot stickers and wings but not sure about the noodles.
If staying at the Polynesian, would it be better to take the monorail or buses for rope dropping Early entry to Magic Kingdom? I wasn’t sure what time the monorail starts running.
I have been staying at gf and Cr with poly closed for so long. The mono has been running for early. I have an upcoming stay at poly and plan on taking mono for morning. Midday when I’m not in a hurry sometimes I take the boat.

I have walked the whole way Poly to MK but that’s because dd and I were exploring the lobbies midday and didn’t have anything else to do.

Last edited:
According to the DVC members website:

"Due to refurbishment work at the Great Ceremonial House, monorail service to this Resort is temporarily suspended."

Has anyone been to the Poly recently? Is the Monorail stop open?

Thanks!

Question for the experts here: Do the DVC Lakeview Deluxe Studios all have a good view of the castle and fireworks?

I noticed they don't offer a Theme Park View, just Standard and Lake View.

Question for the experts here: Do the DVC Lakeview Deluxe Studios all have a good view of the castle and fireworks?

I noticed they don't offer a Theme Park View, just Standard and Lake View.

Request a higher floor (3rd). 1st floor is mostly a bungalow view. You can always walk to the beach for fireworks

The cabana was $58 and we had it from 10 AM- 7 PM. Nothing was really included except comfortable seating and shade. The signs say you have to call the marina to book, but we found you can book at the front desk. You have to pay with CC. You can’t just charge it to the room.
How much seating is included in one cabana?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter