Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Traveling in 30 days to the Poly. We are staying in CL but the rest of my extended family is staying in Standard view. I put my request in via DSS and touring plans, but I would like to put in a request for my family. Any way beside touring plans? Which longhouse? I’m thinking Rarotonga or Niue since they are close but don’t want them stuck with a parking lot view. Suggestions?

Traveling in 30 days to the Poly. We are staying in CL but the rest of my extended family is staying in Standard view. I put my request in via DSS and touring plans, but I would like to put in a request for my family. Any way beside touring plans? Which longhouse? I’m thinking Rarotonga or Niue since they are close but don’t want them stuck with a parking lot view. Suggestions?

Rarotonga and Niue are my first choice for standard because of the close proximity to pools and main building.

The only thing about Niue is that there are only 2 floors, so no 3rd floor balcony if that’s important to you. Ground floor Niue is my first choice, but because the building is so small, it’s hard to get that request.

There are monorail views in Rarotonga, but not really any parking lot views.
The monorail views can be surprisingly fun. :)

Here are some more things I noticed.
View attachment 654792

I think the cut outs are the grand villas, kind of like how they did them at BLT with the large windows going up two stories, and then up top is a restaurant kind of like how they have it at Riviera. It'll be prime fireworks viewing, hard to get a spot for sure, but if Disney does it right it'll draw attention away from Ohana a bit and make up for the lack of revenue from the Luau.

I love Raratonga. We had two rooms there in 2018, one near the Oasis pool and the other across the hall from us. The landscaping blocks the parking lot view and all you may see is the monorail. We loved how close it was to the pools and the grand ceremonial house.

Hi everyone,
We are hoping to visit Trader Sams in a couple of weeks, how are the queues or waits at the moment?
Are they still doing the virtual queue?
Is any particular time any less bust than others in general?
Thanks in advance for your advice
Ela

Hi everyone,
We are hoping to visit Trader Sams in a couple of weeks, how are the queues or waits at the moment?
Are they still doing the virtual queue?
Is any particular time any less bust than others in general?
Thanks in advance for your advice
Ela
Here’s my specific data point: 3/16. We showed up at 7:10 pm, and we were told it would be about an hour and a half. Went to Captain Cook’s to grab food. There was some space on the Terrace, if we had wanted to bail and drink there instead. At 8:10 pm, got a text to come in. Six total empty seats, grabbed two. We left an hour later, and it seemed to be getting more empty, but unsure if that was just the delay in people showing up after texts or if they decided to bail or if the demand was decreasing.

I've been digging around and so sorry to ask, but are there photos or any information on CL available right now? We haven't stayed at the Poly in years and decided we should stay CL and try to enjoy the resort before it expands. So sad to lose the Luau. :( But I'm only versed in GF CL, new to Poly CL. Thanks so much.

Rarotonga and Niue are my first choice for standard because of the close proximity to pools and main building.

The only thing about Niue is that there are only 2 floors, so no 3rd floor balcony if that’s important to you. Ground floor Niue is my first choice, but because the building is so small, it’s hard to get that request.

There are monorail views in Rarotonga, but not really any parking lot views.
The monorail views can be surprisingly fun. :)

Are there any standard rooms which face the pool in Raratonga? A few years back we had a standard room in Samoa w a perfect pool view.....but I'm not sure if they're still including that in the same "standard" category anymore.

Are there any standard rooms which face the pool in Raratonga? A few years back we had a standard room in Samoa w a perfect pool view.....but I'm not sure if they're still including that in the same "standard" category anymore.
I believe that most of the rooms in Rarotonga (even facing the pool area) are standard. We only book standard at the Poly and have been put on both sides of Rarotonga.

Can anyone share any recent experience with walk ups for breakfast at Kona Cafe (at restaurant opening)? There are no ADRs available for my trip in April. Thank you!

Here’s my specific data point: 3/16. We showed up at 7:10 pm, and we were told it would be about an hour and a half. Went to Captain Cook’s to grab food. There was some space on the Terrace, if we had wanted to bail and drink there instead. At 8:10 pm, got a text to come in. Six total empty seats, grabbed two. We left an hour later, and it seemed to be getting more empty, but unsure if that was just the delay in people showing up after texts or if they decided to bail or if the demand was decreasing.
Thank you for your reply, we are having a chilled resort hopping evening so will maybe make this one of our last visits.

Can anyone share any recent experience with walk ups for breakfast at Kona Cafe (at restaurant opening)? There are no ADRs available for my trip in April. Thank you!
We were there last week and were able to easily get on the walk-up list. Table was ready 10 minutes later. This was for a 9AM breakfast.

I've been digging around and so sorry to ask, but are there photos or any information on CL available right now? We haven't stayed at the Poly in years and decided we should stay CL and try to enjoy the resort before it expands. So sad to lose the Luau. :( But I'm only versed in GF CL, new to Poly CL. Thanks so much.

Check out the CL thread. Not really much on there since the Poly was one of the last to open but there are a few photos and reports. There are plenty of members there that have done both Poly and GF, and they can give you the in's and out's. In general, although people love the Poly many consider it a bit crowded compared to other CL's.
Club Level Thread

ETA: I'm staying there next month so I'll let you know!

I am booked standard room. We will be requesting 1st floor because like the idea of an outside patio on the grassy grounds of the resort., especially the inside of Rarotonga, the inside of Aotearoa, the outside of Fiji, and both sides of Niue. My other request will be near the quiet pool, which if I am lucky enough to get, would mean Niue or Rarotonga

I have been trying to look at the views on Touring Plans, and I am having trouble with the views on the monorail side of Rarotonga. It looks like a mini-jungle. Has anyone stayed on that side? Is a 1st floor patio pointless over there, or is it still a decent place to hang out with a drink at night?

Thanks for any responses and insight.

I am booked standard room. We will be requesting 1st floor because like the idea of an outside patio on the grassy grounds of the resort., especially the inside of Rarotonga, the inside of Aotearoa, the outside of Fiji, and both sides of Niue. My other request will be near the quiet pool, which if I am lucky enough to get, would mean Niue or Rarotonga

I have been trying to look at the views on Touring Plans, and I am having trouble with the views on the monorail side of Rarotonga. It looks like a mini-jungle. Has anyone stayed on that side? Is a 1st floor patio pointless over there, or is it still a decent place to hang out with a drink at night?

Thanks for any responses and insight.
We’ve stayed first floor in Rarotonga facing the monorail, so I know what you mean about jungle. Lol. I found the end rooms are the most jungly. We were right on the end, furthest away from the GCH. We could still see the monorail from our room and we did sit out in the evening a few times. The rooms towards the middle of the building were definitely more open, less bushy.

We stayed pre-covid, so lots can change in regards to landscaping within a couple of years. It seems like they frequently take out/add bushes/trees. I know touring plans views are older, so not always accurate. Hopefully, someone with a more recent stay will chime in.

Hi! Question: Poly pool area....are there lockers and changing area like at Contemporary? Thnx in advance.

Anyone there now? Do we need masks on the little boat that goes to MK? I know we need them on the monorail and bus but wasn't sure about the little boat. Thanks!

Hi! Question: Poly pool area....are there lockers and changing area like at Contemporary? Thnx in advance.

There are changing areas in the restrooms located under the volcano at the main pool. Pretty, damp, dank and dark in there, but they are there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter