Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Can anyone recall the last time the Poly had a room discount?
Before they consumed three buildings to create a DVC presence and hence creating even greater demand for non-DVC rooms? :)

J/K--I don't recall but I do not believe there have been (m)any post-Covid reopening.

Before they consumed three buildings to create a DVC presence and hence creating even greater demand for non-DVC rooms? :)

J/K--I don't recall but I do not believe there have been (m)any post-Covid reopening.
Right? LOL. We haven't stayed since then for that reason, was going to give it a shot one more time before they put the final nail in the Poly coffin. LOL.

Can anyone recall the last time the Poly had a room discount?
Disney hasnt post covid but agencies did last year. I got 25% off in Dec 2021 for example.

I got a discount Labor Day weekend 2019. I went to GF that December and March just prior to closure. I think Poly still had discounts, we just wanted GF.

Anyone there now? Going in 2 weeks and trying to get pumped! Would love to hear about current or recent experiences!

Anyone there now? Going in 2 weeks and trying to get pumped! Would love to hear about current or recent experiences!
We’re here. Arrived today. I can’t say I’ve had the best start. 😂. My 7-yr-old got her fingers caught in the elevator door and it was a fiasco. No broken bones, but sure did ruin arrival.

Good things: checked in at 10 when we arrived and told the dear man we were exhausted. Got our room assignment by 1230!

We’d left our luggage with bell services because we went to the GF to see the Easter eggs and have brunch. When we got to the room, I desperately needed our bag for the first aid supplies and they helped me find it super fast even though I forgot my collection slip.

Supplies in the mercantile seem good. No cases of water yet, that I can find.

Pool is so awesome. The activities at the pool were in full swing and the kids were having so much fun. The margaritas are also great.

We’ve been here since Saturday! Happy to answer any questions, but it’s been great. Just got back from watching fireworks on the beach, got the kids in bed, and now enjoying wine on the patio with the husband. Life doesn’t suck. 😉

We’re here. Arrived today. I can’t say I’ve had the best start. 😂. My 7-yr-old got her fingers caught in the elevator door and it was a fiasco. No broken bones, but sure did ruin arrival.

Good things: checked in at 10 when we arrived and told the dear man we were exhausted. Got our room assignment by 1230!

We’d left our luggage with bell services because we went to the GF to see the Easter eggs and have brunch. When we got to the room, I desperately needed our bag for the first aid supplies and they helped me find it super fast even though I forgot my collection slip.

Pool is so awesome. The activities at the pool were in full swing and the kids were having so much fun. The margaritas are also great.
Oh man, so sorry about your daughter!! Is that something I need to add to the worry list? I hope she’s doing okay! Glad to hear it’s otherwise going well! We will get there around 11am the day we check in so good to hear the atmosphere is already very fun by then!

We’ve been here since Saturday! Happy to answer any questions, but it’s been great. Just got back from watching fireworks on the beach, got the kids in bed, and now enjoying wine on the patio with the husband. Life doesn’t suck. 😉
What's happening around Luau cove? Have they started any work yet on the new tower?

What's happening around Luau cove? Have they started any work yet on the new tower?
I haven’t noticed anything, but also haven’t really been over there to look. Nothing noticeable from the water though, when we’ve been on the resort launch.

Oh man, so sorry about your daughter!! Is that something I need to add to the worry list? I hope she’s doing okay! Glad to hear it’s otherwise going well! We will get there around 11am the day we check in so good to hear the atmosphere is already very fun by then!
The activities crew is really great. They had hula hoops and limbo last night on the lawn. It was a lot of fun and everyone was able to play.

Housekeeping came in today as per normal old schedule of a daily tidy and towel replacement if needed. I’m glad that’s back (though we didn’t need anything).

Hopefully, most kids are not interested in sticking their hands on the elevator door as it opens. 😂. It was terrible luck because we never even ride elevators, but she had to go potty and I thought we’d get to the room quicker that way.

So sorry to hear about your daughter! What a bummer! Glad she seemed to bounce back. We will also be there in a few short weeks (eek!) so I appreciate the tip about the margaritas lol. Did you find the pool terribly busy? We were planning to hang out there on arrival day but I want to temper my expectations for finding a chair haha!

So sorry to hear about your daughter! What a bummer! Glad she seemed to bounce back. We will also be there in a few short weeks (eek!) so I appreciate the tip about the margaritas lol. Did you find the pool terribly busy? We were planning to hang out there on arrival day but I want to temper my expectations for finding a chair haha!
It was so busy yesterday, but we made it out tonight after a heavy rain and it was quite empty. I was able to find a chair, yesterday, but it was not under an umbrella. The pool bar staff were delivering food after it was ordered and that was also very prompt and pleasant. We stayed almost 3 hours at the pool and had a lovely time. I’ve never been here before, but the kids play area was very nice for my little (she’s quite petite).

Do you know if they are doing room service yet?

Just read all 84 pages about the Poly to prep for our December 11 through 16, DVC, stay. Will be our first stay at the Poly. Thanks for all the info. Can't wait. Just keeping my fingers crossed for warm weather. We froze last December during our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter