Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I assume this is the foundation for the inevitable fence/wall that will be built while the new tower is under construction.

But, I could be wrong.

iCm6B85_d.webp

I will say I’m going to be pretty peeved if they don’t add a temporary walkway of some sort, maybe out towards the Floridian Way side or something, although I have my doubts given the physical layout of the area. There are currently some paths and access roads that roughly follow the monorail line that could in theory be used to cobble together a walking path, but seems to me parts of that could get caught up in construction too - that whole area is just so tight….but who knows.

Walking to GF for amenities and using the full running path is an important part of why we choose Poly. Without it I may seek other resort options. Guess we’ll see how it goes.

I am 100% with you.

I was hoping with a 2024 opening and construction happening in 2023 that it wouldn't impede on our September 2022 trip, but I am getting a sinking feeling that it will.

Our one and only visit to the Grand Floridian was during the big blue wall NBA period of 2020. The Grand is gorgeous, of course. But, it was a bit of a disappointment to only be able to experience part of the resort, that's for sure. Not to mention photos ruined by the big blue wall.

This year is our first trip to Poly, and then after we booked, the whole DVC Tower thing came to light. Access to GF (to be able to check the resort out, under normal conditions) was actually a big factor for us staying at the Poly. If we have another big blue wall or black wall or red wall or whatever....that would be a massive disappointment.

We also planned on doing family photos, wanted to get the Grand in the background, so we planned on using the small beach, since it was closer and less crowded. I am sure we will be able to make it work. But...we'll see.

@GADisneyDad14 Looks like in front of the pool/Hawaii; Did you ask how long this is going to take? 🤞 7/4th 😰

It’s not really in front of Hawaii, mainly right in front of the pool. Really crude drawing of the location that's currently fenced off below. A few days ago they were cutting up and removing sections of the concrete path. Maybe they are widening and/or re-pouring this section? Hard to tell from what I could see.

This section does tend to get crowded with guests, ECVs, strollers, etc at fireworks time so maybe straightening or widening the path? Could just be some utility work too. TBD I guess!

And no, I didn't ask anyone about the timeline. :-(

IMG_6057.jpeg

Bit of a sense of the view looking out to the Lagoon/castle from the pool side of the fenced off area, just for some context.

And while I'm thinking about it, for the two nights we watched EWP I have to say the volume was incredibly low. Like barely audible. It already drives me a little crazy that Poly doesn't turn off the background music during the show... but usually EWP is loud enough to overpower it for the most part so it's not all that bad. But with the EWP volume so oddly low it didn't work as good show, IMHO. Hopefully just something wrong with the float audio that they'll repair soon - as EWP is usually bonkers loud, frankly.

1653940907414.jpeg

Bit of a sense of the view looking out to the Lagoon/castle from the pool side of the fenced off area, just for some context.

And while I'm thinking about it, for the two nights we watched EWP I have to say the volume was incredibly low. Like barely audible. It already drives me a little crazy that Poly doesn't turn off the background music during the show... but usually EWP is loud enough to overpower it for the most part so it's not all that bad. But with the EWP volume so oddly low it didn't work as good show, IMHO. Hopefully just something wrong with the float audio that they'll repair soon - as EWP is usually bonkers loud, frankly.

View attachment 672823
Bonkers loud is the best description ever. I think I heard it all the way across the lagoon when it was at the contemporary a couple nights.

Heading down in a few weeks. Is room service available yet and do they have the Twilight Feast? We get in later evening on Friday and probably will not feel like going to dinner. Thanks!

Does anyone know how long the walkway to GF will be blocked? We are planning a Spring 2023 trip and being able to walk to GF (and to/from MK) was part of the appeal (even if we didn't do it every day, the option is nice)

edit: For clarity, apparently it is NOT currently blocked as of this post and I don't want to spread disinformation. Hopefully it doesn't become blocked either!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long the walkway to GF will be blocked? We are planning a Spring 2023 trip and being able to walk to GF (and to/from MK) was part of the appeal (even if we didn't do it every day, the option is nice)
With a 2024 opening date for the tower, I suspect the walkway will be closed then. Just a guess though.

Is the path to GF currently blocked? I have been trying to keep an eye on this for our July trip. Thank you!

Hi all! Just wanted to post about our 3-night stay last weekend since this thread was so helpful as we planned.

Room: We arrived on Saturday around 10:30 a.m. and were thrilled that our room was ready. We hadn't made any requests and were assigned to a second floor room in Aotearoa with an amazing view of the Monorail (yes, I squealed every time Monorail Gold passed by, lol!). I really liked the updated rooms - they felt very fresh and clean. Mousekeeping was always present in the halls in the morning and through the afternoon so we had no problem getting extra towels, soap, etc. Our room was serviced on our middle day including making the beds.

Transportation: We absolutely loved going through security right at the Polynesian Monorail stop and being able to walk straight to the entrance at MK. At the end of our MK evening we opted to walk back via the GF walkway - we enjoy walking so we didn't mind this and preferred it to waiting in the long-looking park closing transportation lines. On our EPCOT morning we decided to take the Monorail to the TTC and switch to the EPCOT line, thinking it may take less time to clear security at the Polynesian. This ended up taking us 45 minutes door-to-door so I'm not sure if maybe it would've been faster to walk to the TTC and wait in that security line, which is what we did in years past when everyone went through security right at the park.

Food etc.: We had a couple of meals from Capt. Cook's using mobile order - the wait was fairly long on Saturday night around 7:30 - about 30 minutes or so from when we hit "prepare my order" but for lunch on Sunday the order was ready extremely quickly. So just plan ahead if you're hangry during a busier meal time :). Everything we ordered was delicious - the meatballs, superfood salad and rice noodle dish, all I would order again! Since the trip was short we sadly did not use the pool.

If you have any questions I'm happy to help!

Last edited:
Heading down in a few weeks. Is room service available yet and do they have the Twilight Feast? We get in later evening on Friday and probably will not feel like going to dinner. Thanks!
No Private dining at any resort other than the GF at this time. So no Twilight Feast to order.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter