• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

The large majority of the CL TPV rooms are third floor Hawaii with some on the second floor as well. CL LV is mostly the first floor with a few scattered on the second and third where the castle is blocked by a bungalow or tree.

If you want third floor Hawaii, you definitely should book TPV and submit a request via Disney Signature Services for a third floor room. Note with that room type there is always a risk you'll get a second floor room (which don't have balconies). I've had reasonably good success getting a third floor room, but not 100% - it's the unfortunate risk with booking that category.

Hope that helps, happy to answer any questions.
Yes, @GADisneyDad14, it does help! I'm glad that I found the Touring Plans room view tool that was mentioned here. I was really surprised at how bad the views were from most of the Lagoon View rooms. This room is almost $1400 a night pre tax for my nights. I expected a wow kind of view and a front row seat for the nightly water pageant. I'm going to change my booking to the Theme Park View. It's even more $$$, of course, but considering how high I've already gone it's not that much worse. Even if we don't get third floor (which I will be disappointed about but I'll know it's a possibility and set expectations accordingly) we should have a great view. Am I right about that last part?

Edited to also ask: On the second floor is there still a slider type patio door?

Last edited:
If it’s in here somewhere I’m sorry for asking but I could not find the answer. We are planning two days to hang out at the resort, enjoy the lounge and pool. Hoping to get into grog grotto right at 3. Are they still doing the virtual line? Either way any tips on being able to get in fairly early?

If it’s in here somewhere I’m sorry for asking but I could not find the answer. We are planning two days to hang out at the resort, enjoy the lounge and pool. Hoping to get into grog grotto right at 3. Are they still doing the virtual line? Either way any tips on being able to get in fairly early?
Yes, they still do the virtual line. Though it depends on crowd levels, I was there all last week. The two days we went to Trader Sam's we needed to get in right at opening to make sure we had some time before dinner plans took us elsewhere. On our arrival day (last Saturday), we were standing outside the doors at 1:30pm ... they came out about 1:50 and started adding people to the virtual queue. There were about 12 people in line behind us - the last ones did not get in right at opening and had to wait about an hour for the first guests to start leaving. Our second time there (a Tuesday) we got there about 1:35 pm and were already too late to get at the front of the list - took us about an hour after opening (4pm) to get seated.

So I guess "fairly early" is subjective - if you mean right when it opens, be outside by around 1:30 to get your name in the virtual queue. If "fairly early" just means before 6pm, you can probably waltz up there at 3pm and only have a couple hour wait.

Great. Thank you!
I guess worst case scenario, we drag one of the benches that are at the foot of the beds over by the slider and make our own "balcony" seating.

When I stayed club level last time, despite beginning for anything but a 2nd floor room, that's what I got. I was a little disappointed, though quickly overcame it when I realized how much easier it was to get to the lounge only 5 doors down the hall. This trip we weren't club level, but we did have a balcony in Tokelau. I think I spent 5 minutes out there. I know someone who works in the hotel industry and they always laugh saying balconies are the biggest thing that no one really cares about when booking a room. I think the only time I spent any real time on one was our last Riviera trip, staring at Epcot (and this was when fireworks weren't going on).

I know no one has a crystal ball, but does anyone want to wager a guess as to what the new DVC tower construction will be like next summer? For weeks, I’ve been try to book a room at either the Yacht or Beach Club resorts for the end of June to no avail. We were thinking about giving WL another try, but DH is worried the rooms will feel small with two adults and two 17-year-olds. I didn’t have the Poly on my radar because of the construction, but maybe we’ll give it a try. We usually stay standard, and since most standard longhouses are on that side of the resort, it makes me nervous. I guess our other option is to look into renting DVC points. Any best guesses as to what next summer holds for the resort?

I know no one has a crystal ball, but does anyone want to wager a guess as to what the new DVC tower construction will be like next summer? For weeks, I’ve been try to book a room at either the Yacht or Beach Club resorts for the end of June to no avail. We were thinking about giving WL another try, but DH is worried the rooms will feel small with two adults and two 17-year-olds. I didn’t have the Poly on my radar because of the construction, but maybe we’ll give it a try. We usually stay standard, and since most standard longhouses are on that side of the resort, it makes me nervous. I guess our other option is to look into renting DVC points. Any best guesses as to what next summer holds for the resort

As you note, no one can really know ... but it looked to me this week that they have the site completely cleared and are ready for the substantial engineering it takes to sink pylons and structure supports. I didn't notice any noise from it this trip, but I was on the other side of the resort and we only used the Lava Pool once. Next summer they should be well past framing and into exterior or room construction. I would think the site will be extremely busy, and very loud. I love the Poly, but by nature it's a pretty hectic resort - this certainly won't help. If you're a "go all day in the parks and use the room just to sleep" type, it probably won't bother you. If you like to enjoy the resort amenities (pool, outdoor bars, etc), you're probably better off skipping next summer and trying elsewhere.

As you note, no one can really know ... but it looked to me this week that they have the site completely cleared and are ready for the substantial engineering it takes to sink pylons and structure supports. I didn't notice any noise from it this trip, but I was on the other side of the resort and we only used the Lava Pool once. Next summer they should be well past framing and into exterior or room construction. I would think the site will be extremely busy, and very loud. I love the Poly, but by nature it's a pretty hectic resort - this certainly won't help. If you're a "go all day in the parks and use the room just to sleep" type, it probably won't bother you. If you like to enjoy the resort amenities (pool, outdoor bars, etc), you're probably better off skipping next summer and trying elsewhere.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We spend a lot of time at the resort so it might be best to look elsewhere for next year.

Yes, they still do the virtual line. Though it depends on crowd levels, I was there all last week. The two days we went to Trader Sam's we needed to get in right at opening to make sure we had some time before dinner plans took us elsewhere. On our arrival day (last Saturday), we were standing outside the doors at 1:30pm ... they came out about 1:50 and started adding people to the virtual queue. There were about 12 people in line behind us - the last ones did not get in right at opening and had to wait about an hour for the first guests to start leaving. Our second time there (a Tuesday) we got there about 1:35 pm and were already too late to get at the front of the list - took us about an hour after opening (4pm) to get seated.

So I guess "fairly early" is subjective - if you mean right when it opens, be outside by around 1:30 to get your name in the virtual queue. If "fairly early" just means before 6pm, you can probably waltz up there at 3pm and only have a couple hour wait.
Wow. So head over 130 and wait about 30 min maybe? Then they open at 3? So if we are lucky that will get us into the first seating? Once we are on the virtual line would we be able to go back to the pool or do we need to stick around? Thanks for sharing your experience!

We are here now 8/13/2022. These are the grocery options. I like knowing what they have, hope it helps someone.

Attachments

• 7D1A3FA4-579B-4276-8EE1-202D95740818.jpeg
    7D1A3FA4-579B-4276-8EE1-202D95740818.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 60
  • DD05E5DA-16E3-473D-95C9-EF8644784667.jpeg
    DD05E5DA-16E3-473D-95C9-EF8644784667.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 7E01D339-0DA8-449B-AE6F-94C22FAEC1E9.jpeg
    7E01D339-0DA8-449B-AE6F-94C22FAEC1E9.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 772E7EA6-3720-4756-9AB7-89FE123BABE3.jpeg
    772E7EA6-3720-4756-9AB7-89FE123BABE3.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 25F4B9B2-29DB-4EF6-A69F-3F8A3DC7FDA4.jpeg
    25F4B9B2-29DB-4EF6-A69F-3F8A3DC7FDA4.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 59
  • F70A3F9D-8D12-46FB-AAC0-D8F1A03E013E.jpeg
    F70A3F9D-8D12-46FB-AAC0-D8F1A03E013E.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 56
Does anyone know what the current Duffy and Friends merch is available at the gift shops at Polynesian?

Wow. So head over 130 and wait about 30 min maybe? Then they open at 3? So if we are lucky that will get us into the first seating? Once we are on the virtual line would we be able to go back to the pool or do we need to stick around? Thanks for sharing your experience!
If you are one of the first to join the virtual Queue, you want to be very close by around 3 PM (opening) to ensure entry when you get the text message that you will be seated. They will seat other parties if you are not there in a jiffy.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what buildings have the "Pool/Marina view" rooms? If I'm looking at a map of the resort it looks like it could be almost any non-DVC building, including Hawaii. However, I'm wondering if they are just the rooms that look out over the marina or volcano pool. (Namely Fiji, Tonga, and maybe Tuvalu).

I'm asking because I'd rather see the quiet pool (and also be further away from the more active areas -- and construction that will be going on.

Example, can I request Hawaii or Raratonga with quiet pool view?

TouringPlans doesn't even list Pool/Marina view so I'm not sure how up to date that site is (although lots of people love it so maybe I'm missing something):
room_types.jpg

Last edited:
Touring plans map definitely does show pool / marina view - I’m booked in that category. I’m not sure what page that screenshot is from though.

Touring plans map definitely does show pool / marina view - I’m booked in that category. I’m not sure what page that screenshot is from though.
Thanks -- it was just the main Polynesian Village Resort page. Maybe I need to sign-up to see more information? I haven't committed to using the page, I was just checking their detail pages.

Does it give a breakdown of buildings and types?

If you don't mind me asking, are you requesting a certain building/etc for your stay?

Thanks -- it was just the main Polynesian Village Resort page. Maybe I need to sign-up to see more information? I haven't committed to using the page, I was just checking their detail pages.

Does it give a breakdown of buildings and types?

If you don't mind me asking, are you requesting a certain building/etc for your stay?
As @quoo stated, Touring Plans does show pool/Marina view:
Touring Plans Room Finder

(FYI: Touring Plans has 2 room finder links for Poly- Deluxe for Hotel side & Deluxe Villas for DVC)

1660565973912.png

As @quoo stated, Touring Plans does show pool/Marina view:
Touring Plans Room Finder

(FYI: Touring Plans has 2 room finder links for Poly- Deluxe for Hotel side & Deluxe Villas for DVC)

View attachment 693988
Thanks -- this is helpful and I'm not sure how I didn't see it... And now I know that I definitely want to prioritize my request as "Samoa, 3rd or 1st floor, facing quiet pool" because I'd rather be in Samoa than Fiji -- but prefer 3rd floor with quiet pool. Although that hitting all three criterion would mean I'm limited to just 7 rooms! Hopefully I can get one of the 50-ish rooms in Samoa that are pool/marina view with 2 queens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter