• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

We're attempting again to stay at the Poly! The last time we tried, we were moved to GF (not complaining about the TPV there!) We plan to be there June 13-16 next year in a standard room. Hopefully the construction noise won't be too bad if we want to take an afternoon nap, but at this point, I just want to stay at Poly and check another resort off the bucket list!

So we had to adjust our trip from sept 16-24 to 16-23 because of our sons baseball schedule. We are debating spending the day on the 23rd at the resort, using the club level lounge and the pool and then leaving late afternoon to drive to Valdosta to spend the night. Has anyone done that? Is it inconvenient not having a room? Worth it to do? Thoughts?

So we had to adjust our trip from sept 16-24 to 16-23 because of our sons baseball schedule. We are debating spending the day on the 23rd at the resort, using the club level lounge and the pool and then leaving late afternoon to drive to Valdosta to spend the night. Has anyone done that? Is it inconvenient not having a room? Worth it to do? Thoughts?

CL is great when you’re spending time “homeless” at the resort. You have a place to be (with snacks!) and there’s a restroom on the third level if you need to go/change/etc. There are also showers under the Lava Pool if needed.

Another question from a first time Poly guest here :)

What's crib request availability usually like and where do the cribs fit? In looking at photos it looks like there's a space between the kitchenette and the TV/Dresser shelf?

Can you roll a stroller out of the 1st floor patios in any of the Samoa rooms or are the patios all blocked in by shrubbery?
I just walked by that building pool side and totally blocked with shrubs. Sorry !

However if in 1st floor down and out the hall isn’t too bad. Just make sure to request 1st floor and pool/marina view.

I just walked by that building pool side and totally blocked with shrubs. Sorry !

However if in 1st floor down and out the hall isn’t too bad. Just make sure to request 1st floor and pool/marina view.
Awesome, thank you! Not sure if we'd even want first floor now that I've thought about what could be slithering inside of those shrubs haha!

I haven't stayed at Poly since 2017 (my only stay to date - we were Club Level), but I've got a stay coming up the first week of August. Just my wife and 16 year old. We had a standard view booked, but like MedicMathes above, checked today and a DVC Deluxe Studio (Standard View) opened up for the exact same rate and I panicked and grabbed it. Now I've got some worries whether I made the right decision, so just a couple questions I'm hoping y'all can answer.

1. How often are special room requests honored ? I know the Deluxe Studios are only in 3 longhouses. I don't really care what other room we get, but I'd really prefer to avoid a parking lot view if at all possible.

2. Is the square footage of the main room in the Deluxe Studio's significantly smaller ? My wife really likes the idea of a second bathroom - enough that she's willing to sleep on a Murphy Bed - but I can't seem to find out if the extra bathroom takes space away or if they just are bigger rooms than the Standard View.

3. Has construction started on the new tower yet ? If so, seems to me the Deluxe Studio longhouses are going to be a lot more quiet. Maybe my only negative on our first trip was just how loud and busy the Polynesian always was. I'll trade a slightly longer walk for a little more quiet.

Looking forward to coming back. We planned this one kind of the last minute, but we've got a couple "resort only" days to hang around the Monorail loop. Hoping to have a lot more time to spend at the resort this time around.
Forgot to update on the trip after we came back. Super glad we went with the DVC Deluxe Studio when it opened up - the second bathroom was a lifesaver. We did get a room in Tokelau - about a 3 2 minute walk to the Oasis pool. Never saw or heard anything resembling construction noise the whole time. We had a blast - the only rain we caught all trip was about 2 hours after getting to the pool on check-in day while waiting for our room (which stunk). Got absolutely drenched but managed to dry off before getting in to Trader Sam's. Had a wonderful time there and really enjoyed spending some time at the resort this trip (though somehow we never made it to get a Dole Whip the whole trip). Only mildly depressing thing was watching Enchantment from the beach ... but that was solely because the show just didn't do it for us. Would have been so much better if it was HEA. All in all, really enjoyed our time there - the staff was fantastic.

Is there a bigger meaning here? Am I missing something? I see the difference but it didn’t mean much to me.

Pre-COVID Disney offered small boat/“water sprite” rentals at the marinas. They were not all that popular, but were a fun alternative activity to the parks and other recreation offerings. A throwback to the original Vacation Kingdom concept, if you will, as watercraft offerings of different shapes and sizes had long been offered on Bay Lake/the Seven Seas Lagoon over the years. Upon reopening the boats were removed from the marinas and rumored to not be coming back, they had been sold, destroyed, etc. Their removal from the map would seemingly solidify such rumors.

Pre-COVID Disney offered small boat/“water sprite” rentals at the marinas. They were not all that popular, but were a fun alternative activity to the parks and other recreation offerings. A throwback to the original Vacation Kingdom concept, if you will, as watercraft offerings of different shapes and sizes had long been offered on Bay Lake/the Seven Seas Lagoon over the years. Upon reopening the boats were removed from the marinas and rumored to not be coming back, they had been sold, destroyed, etc. Their removal from the map would seemingly solidify such rumors.
Gotcha... I knew about the boats and while I don't think we would use them, that is a bummer to know they are most likely gone for good.

Super random question... Does the Poly gift shop sell eggs? Most DVC resorts do but I'm wondering if the Poly might not because the DVC units are almost all Studios and don't have kitchens.

Does the Poly gift shop sell eggs?
Yes eggs, bacon, and other breakfast items. The Bungalows have full kitchens. The items are all in the Moana Mercantile. They also have bread, cheese, lunch meats.

Here is the Order form that shows the minimum of what is available.

Dave

Attachments

• POLY_Grocery_Order_Form_July_2021.pdf
    59.4 KB · Views: 33
Pre-COVID Disney offered small boat/“water sprite” rentals at the marinas. They were not all that popular, but were a fun alternative activity to the parks and other recreation offerings.
20 years ago they were very popular since they were faster and guests were smaller.

Over the last 2 decades they have slowed the speeds down due to saftey and since they were no longer a unique adventure and finally the always increasing prices.

Dave

On a typical morning, what transportation would get you to Magic Kingdom earliest for rope drop? Poly monorail, boat, or walk to the TTC and take the express monorail?

On a typical morning, what transportation would get you to Magic Kingdom earliest for rope drop? Poly monorail, boat, or walk to the TTC and take the express monorail?
We have had good luck with the monorail from TTC. Since the TTC parking lot has not yet been opened if you're arriving for early entry for resort guests, security is fairly quick and easy. If you're staying in the DVC villas, it's basically the same distance to walk to the TTC vs. the GCH and you're fighting with fewer people to get through security and on the monorail. Haven't done the early morning walk but, from what I've heard from other posters, the monorail tends to be faster than walking except in high-traffic times like after the fireworks.

Went ahead and booked for Labor Day weekend next year. Got concerned when I saw lagoon view was already sold out. Went with standard since it seems like those are still decent views and much more reasonable than pool TP view. Only concern is getting a beautiful construction view of Poly tower. Thinking we should request Rarotonga to avoid that.

Monorail typically opens at 7am. Worked great for us last week. 👍👍
Went ahead and booked for Labor Day weekend next year. Got concerned when I saw lagoon view was already sold out. Went with standard since it seems like those are still decent views and much more reasonable than pool TP view. Only concern is getting a beautiful construction view of Poly tower. Thinking we should request Rarotonga to avoid that.
Love the standard views! Construction is on opposite side of resort than Rarotonga. Booking a DVC room would also keep you far enough away. 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter