• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

How to put in room/ building requests.

We are going over Halloween and have 2 young children: almost 3 year old and 9 month old. Staying in standard view. Research here had told me to request first floor due to small elevators and I’ll have a double stroller.

Questions:
1) I see where you can make room requests on the Disney app. But I also read you should confirm your request with fax or by chat feature? Is that correct?

2) Are the Nuie or Rorotonga still good buildings to request? My kids can sleep through anything, I’m more concerned about the least possible transport time to the parks and back.

So I guess my first request would be first floor and then second request Nuie or Rorotonga building.

Thanks all.
I always leave the dropdown option in MDE empty because it's so limited. I chat OR call Disney reservations to make my request and put the same exact thing in a Touring Plans fax.

I love Rarotonga for standard view rooms. It's a convenient location near GCH, bus stops, and the path to TTC. You can also avoid most of the FL rain and access GCH in seconds because it's steps away.

Niue has no elevator and no balconies. It's only 2 floors so it has patios on the 1st floor and nothing on the 2nd floor. Rarotonga has patios on the 1st floor, nothing on the 2nd floor, and balconies on the 3rd floor. Rarotonga is connected to Niue on the 2nd floor. If you need the elevator while staying in Niue, you would enter Rarotonga, ride the elevator up, and cross the bridge over into Niue.

How to put in room/ building requests.

We are going over Halloween and have 2 young children: almost 3 year old and 9 month old. Staying in standard view. Research here had told me to request first floor due to small elevators and I’ll have a double stroller.

Questions:
1) I see where you can make room requests on the Disney app. But I also read you should confirm your request with fax or by chat feature? Is that correct?

2) Are the Nuie or Rorotonga still good buildings to request? My kids can sleep through anything, I’m more concerned about the least possible transport time to the parks and back.

So I guess my first request would be first floor and then second request Nuie or Rorotonga building.

Thanks all.
I have used Touring Plans to request room preferences. I don’t always get what I want but it seems to help. On my last two stays, I have requested Tokelau 3rd floor. I got Tokelau both times. Once on second floor and the other was on the third floor.

Honestly if I was put in one of those rooms with the construction wall that close, I would refuse to stay there unless offered for nearly free, and if they were not offering that and just expected me to accept it I would not. That is not what someone paying $600+ would have any reasonable expectation receiving unless explicitly warned that it was a possibility. The Poly web page warns that "you will see and hear construction noise at certain times of the day". Not a single consumer would interpret that to mean it was possible that you'd directly face a construction wall feet from your room 24/7. Those rooms have gotta be offline

We all knew it was coming I guess, but never feels good when it gets here.

On the positive end of things, at least there’s a path.

On the other end of the spectrum, crossing Floridian Way twice isn’t all that appealing, nor is dealing with construction traffic.

I’m ultimately a progress guy so can see the good past near-term inconveniences, but the next two(ish) years will be interesting and I’ll definitely miss the normal path. And as a gym and running path user, this makes Poly a little less desirable destination amongst other options for the near term.

On the other end of the spectrum, crossing Floridian Way twice isn’t all that appealing, nor is dealing with construction traffic.

I’m ultimately a progress guy so can see the good past near-term inconveniences, but the next two(ish) years will be interesting and I’ll definitely miss the normal path. And as a gym and running path user, this makes Poly a little less desirably destination amongst other options for the near term.
I completely understand how you feel! That path was special. It was tucked away between the two resorts and peaceful walking past the lagoon.

This temporary(?) path reminds me of the DHS to Epcot resort path during all the upgrades to the bus stops and entrance of DHS. There were green walls with sad pictures of attractions and you would almost get run over by construction vehicles. I think there may have even been mirrors at one point?

I hope we get a nice calm path again once the construction is complete, but I am glad there is still some connectivity during the construction.

I’m ultimately a progress guy so can see the good past near-term inconveniences, but the next two(ish) years will be interesting and I’ll definitely miss the normal path. And as a gym and running path user, this makes Poly a little less desirable destination amongst other options for the near term.

Resort TV One did a Monorail Resort Hopping Vlog on Friday. About 45 minutes in they walk from the GCH to the GF on the new path.

Minimal space. I’d say about a few feet, if that. I can’t imagine theres guests in those ground floor rooms.

If there are, and I was in one of those rooms on my one in a lifetime Disney trip, I’d be very annoyed.
Even if I got one of the 2d or 3d floor rooms I'd be annoyed with the view into the construction pit. I'm just shocked by these photos that they did at least provide a straight shot view of 7 Seas Lagoon and have the wall to the left of Aotearoa building. SMH. Shameful if they're trying to fill those rooms which I'm sure they are. It's why when we go in May we'll either stay in the villas or at a different property.

Kona Cafe at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort will reopen November 1st from major refurbishment

According to the latest calendar update, Kona Cafe will reopen on November 1 2022. Reservations are not yet available however.

During the closure of Kona, Kona Island is offering breakfast, lunch and dinner via Mobile Order in My Disney Experience.
My understanding is that Kona Cafe's kitchen is still open and operational, so the mobile ordered food available at Kona Island is being prepared at Kona - it's just the dining room getting remodeled (which makes sense given how short to refurb period is).

Lava pool hours? Are these pretty much always 10-10 these days or do they still vary? We are there over Thanksgiving and I wasn’t sure if they ever extend then?

Lava pool hours? Are these pretty much always 10-10 these days or do they still vary? We are there over Thanksgiving and I wasn’t sure if they ever extend then?

They did a seasonal switch to 10-10 earlier in Sept. Typically the pattern is that will stay in place for awhile, may even move to 9pm over the Jan-Feb months when it’s colder, then go back to 11pm in the spring. Other than special nights like NYE, they generally don’t flex to longer hours for things like Thanksgiving. But, you just never know as things can change. Didn’t doesn’t post pool hours anywhere publicly so reports from what people see on the ground are always helpful.

Enjoy your Poly trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter