Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

The last few times we’ve checked in, our MBs didn’t work for entering the parking lot on arrival, even though we’d checked in online. We had to go to the guard. Sure would’ve nice if they’ve changed it so that we didn’t!
It did work for us in April. However, with Disney IT I can certainly imagine that it doesn’t always work. 😂

The last few times we’ve checked in, our MBs didn’t work for entering the parking lot on arrival, even though we’d checked in online. We had to go to the guard. Sure would’ve nice if they’ve changed it so that we didn’t!
It did work for us in April. However, with Disney IT I can certainly imagine that it doesn’t always work. 😂

Do you think booking a pool/Marina view room would be safe from “construction view”?
The only drawback is the marina view part of pool/marina view is in the Fiji building. But that faces away from construction it’s just that the building is close to the construction zone. The only other building with that view is Samoa which is nearly in the middle of the resort with views of the quiet pool or the volcano pool.

Short answer is that you won’t be looking at construction.

Last edited:
I personally have not seen a report from anyone that has had a construction facing room yet. I've wondered if DIsney would in fact put guests in some of those rooms (construction fencing is literally right up against sides of Aoteraoa, Fiji, and a bit of Tuvalu) but I guess they are/will, TBD.
In the Poly FB group, someone just this week posted this view from their standard room. Our trip is in April 2023 and I would be really unhappy with this view (as I think anyone would be, especially at the cash rate). I’m also unhappy with even having to worry that this could be a real possibility, ugh.

5B6EACAC-0347-4453-A13A-515F68280E7D.jpeg

In the Poly FB group, someone just this week posted this view from their standard room. Our trip is in April 2023 and I would be really unhappy with this view (as I think anyone would be, especially at the cash rate). I’m also unhappy with even having to worry that this could be a real possibility, ugh.

View attachment 718323
That is unacceptable. I would be livid.

We have both the Poly standard and Contemporary main bldg booked right now and still hadn’t decided which one to cancel, I think that photo of a standard view just helped us decide 😞

We have both the Poly standard and Contemporary main bldg booked right now and still hadn’t decided which one to cancel, I think that photo of a standard view just helped us decide 😞
Did you book the Moana rooms or the DVC side (deluxe suite)? We booked the standard view deluxe suite (paid cash) and are looking forward to it.

Did you book the Moana rooms or the DVC side (deluxe suite)? We booked the standard view deluxe suite (paid cash) and are looking forward to it.
Not the DVC villa side unfortunately. We do usually stay in the standard view deluxe studio, but no availability for our dates.

Not the DVC villa side unfortunately. We do usually stay in the standard view deluxe studio, but no availability for our dates.
How far are you from travelling? Keep checking, I saw availability off and on for the Moana rooms and DVC suite (we need the 2 bathrooms).

Stopped at Poly after Epcot and walked to GF. The new walkway seems long. I might have popped up stairs of Aotearoa! Here is construction view. I could not tell if people in rooms facing fences🤔

A5B16085-88C6-4678-A304-717003131C59.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter