Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I’m quite sure it’s been addressed here somewhere but it’s 151 pages 🫤
What does one do to get a Villa at the Polynesian ?
First born child?
Also if trying to book dvc far in the future they don’t show up. They are released on a different time table. For ex I was tinkering with a May trip next year, none showed up , but dvc rooms in April were plentiful.

I’m quite sure it’s been addressed here somewhere but it’s 151 pages 🫤
What does one do to get a Villa at the Polynesian ?
First born child?
Disney can't book DVC villas until 11 months prior to checkin, just like all the rest of the DVC owners. So start looking on their website when you're 11 months from your desired dates.

This is for January 2024
Guess I’m toast 🫤
Keep checking! People change plans all the time. If you're looking for Marathon Weekend or around MLK Day, chances are slimmer, but other dates in January you'll have a better chance of availability popping up. (Note, I have not looked at availability for DVC members, so I have no idea how booked up Poly is for January.)

Awesome to know that’s not a worry, thanks!

No problem, I think a lot of times people hear about construction happening and get scared but it’s hard to get a sense for the impact to a resort if you’re not familiar with the layout. We just stayed in Samoa for a week and unless you looked in that direction or were trying to walk to the Grand, you would have no idea they were even building the tower. I figured that would be the case before staying there because I know how spread out it is but it was definitely confirmed by our stay.

Keep checking! People change plans all the time. If you're looking for Marathon Weekend or around MLK Day, chances are slimmer, but other dates in January you'll have a better chance of availability popping up. (Note, I have not looked at availability for DVC members, so I have no idea how booked up Poly is for January.)
January is mostly open still.

Standard view availability:
1686686416753.png

Lake-view availability:
1686686470630.png

Hey everyone! Been going to WDW for a long time and have stayed at many DVC's but never at the Poly. I was only there once for the Luau. Looking to probably do a split between the Poly and BLT. I have watched a lot of videos and have seen a lot of comments on the resort when it comes to the restaurants and some other things. Would love some expert advice though from the experts on what a first timer needs to know. TIA!!!

There are multiple options between MK and Poly. My opinion is based on walking, security lines, number of stops, stop time, and speed.

Poly (Pago Pago) --> MK
1. Monorail from Poly
2. Express Monorail from TTC
3. Ferry Boat from TTC
4. Water Taxi from Poly

MK --> Poly (Pago Pago). You will have to investigate the line situation. This list assumes no lines.
1. Express Monorail to TTC
2. Resort Monorail to TTC
3. Ferry Boat to TTC
4. Water Taxi to Poly

There are multiple options between MK and Poly. My opinion is based on walking, security lines, number of stops, stop time, and speed.

Poly (Pago Pago) --> MK
1. Monorail from Poly
2. Express Monorail from TTC
3. Ferry Boat from TTC
4. Water Taxi from Poly

MK --> Poly (Pago Pago). You will have to investigate the line situation. This list assumes no lines.
1. Express Monorail to TTC
2. Resort Monorail to TTC
3. Ferry Boat to TTC
4. Water Taxi to Poly
As someone who’s never been on the monorail and staying at the poly, I’m a little confused. Is there a monorail that goes from MK -> Contemporary -> Poly -> GF -> MK? Or does everyone have to get off at the TTC if they want to go to the poly from MK?

As someone who’s never been on the monorail and staying at the poly, I’m a little confused. Is there a monorail that goes from MK -> Contemporary -> Poly -> GF -> MK? Or does everyone have to get off at the TTC if they want to go to the poly from MK?
Once you get on the monorail at Poly, your stops are as follows:

1st - GF
2nd - MK
3rd - CR
4th - TTC
5th - Poly

You can get off at ANY of these stops, including the TTC, where you can jump on another monorail to EPCOT. You do not go to TTC to go to MK. You get off at the MK stop, as the monorail takes you right outside the MK entrance. You can also take a boat or even walk to MK (via a path to GF then path to MK.) Hope that helps!!

Once you get on the monorail at Poly, your stops are as follows:

1st - GF
2nd - MK
3rd - CR
4th - TTC
5th - Poly

You can get off at ANY of these stops, including the TTC, where you can jump on another monorail to EPCOT. You do not go to TTC to go to MK. You get off at the MK stop, as the monorail takes you right outside the MK entrance. You can also take a boat or even walk to MK (via a path to GF then path to MK.) Hope that helps!!
Thank you for this. Are there two monorail lines at the MK, one that does resorts only, and one for TTC? Or is there just one line that hits every stop?

Amazon Prime Now/Walmart+ current pickup process?
Hello, I'm sure there's current info on grocery orders but when I do a search I'm not finding it and this has 152 pgs. What is the procedure in place now to receive orders from one of these places? Do you need to meet them? Will bell service collect them and hold them? If they do, is there a fee? We are flying for the 1st time in forever so we are trying to figure out how this works now. We are use to driving and having our vehicle. Thanks for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter