• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Ok I just read that most 2nd floors on the hotel side there do not...but DVC buildings do...I don't recall having one in Tokelau 3rd floor back in 2020...sorry for the confusion.
Having a balcony was wonderful when we stayed in a LV studio. The TP view hotel rooms seemed less enticing due to the lack of a balcony. When I put in our room request with TP, I requested third floor, but got second. My parents didn't do any form of a room request and received third floor.

Wheels (a CM) at the GFC was kind enough to find us a room on the third floor for every night but our first. But with three young kids that were already settled, we just decided to stay put. Plus we knew we would back in a LV studio next year.

Attachments

• image_50402305.JPG
    image_50402305.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Having a balcony was wonderful when we stayed a LV studio. The TP view hotel rooms seemed less enticing due to the lack of a balcony. When I put in our room request with TP, I requested third floor, but got second. My parents didn't do any form of a room request and received third floor.

Wheels (a CM) at the GFC was kind enough to find us a room on the third floor for every night but our first. But with three young kids that were already settled, we just decided to stay put. Plus we knew we would back in a LV studio next year.
I love that view!

No worries, I could be very wrong about that. :-)
You are correct. The DVC converted longhouses are newer than the cash longhouses. All DVC studios at PVB have a patio on the first floor OR a balcony on the second and third floor.

Cash Poly rooms only have a patio on the first floor OR a balcony on the third floor. The second floor has no outdoor space to sit.

I just got the confirmation for my Poly lake view studio April 30-May 5, so excited!:dance3: I’ve never stayed DVC before, can I make room requests? Will there be coffee, towels, housekeeping etc. like a regular resort room?

I just got the confirmation for my Poly lake view studio April 30-May 5, so excited!:dance3: I’ve never stayed DVC before, can I make room requests? Will there be coffee, towels, housekeeping etc. like a regular resort room?
You can make room requests, but they are not guaranteed to be granted. Touring Plans has pictures from all of the balconies at Moorea. Definitely check those out. I did a room request via Disney asking for third floor as first priority and second floor as my second. I also tried one through Touring Plans but I didn't do it well. We stayed in room 2030 on the second floor. Beautiful view. It was close to the elevators and vending machines, but the noise wasn't bad. My parents did not do a room request and they had an even better view from 3127 on the third floor. We would watch the fireworks from their room as it was way better than watching them from the beach.

And yes, there is coffee and towels. Mousekeeping is every third day. We had to take our trash out on the other days. But we did have a few instances where they were kind enough to provide us with some extra linens and vacuuming up spills between the set days.

You can make room requests, but they are not guaranteed to be granted. Touring Plans has pictures from all of the balconies at Moorea. Definitely check those out. I did a room request via Disney asking for third floor as first priority and second floor as my second. I also tried one through Touring Plans but I didn't do it well. We stayed in room 2030 on the second floor. Beautiful view. It was close to the elevators and vending machines, but the noise wasn't bad. My parents did not do a room request and they had an even better view from 3127 on the third floor. We would watch the fireworks from their room as it was way better than watching them from the beach.

And yes, there is coffee and towels. Mousekeeping is every third day. We had to take our trash out on the other days. But we did have a few instances where they were kind enough to provide us with some extra linens and vacuuming up spills between the set days.
Thanks for the info! I’m gonna try not to stress over room request but dang third floor would be awesome! Did you make a request with both Disney and Touring Plans for your room? I wonder if that just annoys them and they give you the opposite of what you asked for:laughing:

Thanks for the info! I’m gonna try not to stress over room request but dang third floor would be awesome! Did you make a request with both Disney and Touring Plans for your room? I wonder if that just annoys them and they give you the opposite of what you asked for:laughing:
The Touring Plans one was done by accident (I requested a single room when I was looking at the different room views on the site). This time around, I'm only going to do a request through Disney. When we were checking in at the Great Ceremonial Hall, one CM (Wheels) was kind enough to take it upon himself to find us a room on the third floor near my parents for nights 2-7. We didn't even ask. I guess they didn't realize we were traveling together because our check out dates were different. Having young boys, we just opted to stay with our second floor room because we were all settled in. If you want to try a room request at check in, I found all of the CMs (like Wheels) at the resort to be really kind and helpful.

The Touring Plans one was done by accident (I requested a single room when I was looking at the different room views on the site). This time around, I'm only going to do a request through Disney. When we were checking in at the Great Ceremonial Hall, one CM (Wheels) was kind enough to take it upon himself to find us a room on the third floor near my parents for nights 2-7. We didn't even ask. I guess they didn't realize we were traveling together because our check out dates were different. Having young boys, we just opted to stay with our second floor room because we were all settled in. If you want to try a room request at check in, I found all of the CMs (like Wheels) at the resort to be really kind and helpful.
i guess that makes sense to request through Disney, I’m sure a friendly face to face conversation with a CM couldn‘t hurt.

If you're renting DVC points, the DVC owner will have to make the room request for you. We rented through David's, and they contacted the owner to put in our room request for us. We rented points for 7 days in July and never had regular housekeeping because we were renting points. We did call and ask for towels daily, and they were always delivered. I believe if you're paying cash price, then your housekeeping will be more regular.

Last edited:
If you're renting DVC points, the DVC owner will have to make the room request for you. We rented through David's, and they contacted the owner to put in our room request for us. We rented points for 7 days in July and never had regular housekeeping because we were renting points. We did call and ask for towels daily, and they were always delivered. I believe if you're paying cash price, then your housekeeping will be more regular.
I did rent the points from David’s, should I contact them now or closer to my arrival date for room request?

I did rent the points from David’s, should I contact them now or closer to my arrival date for room request?
I would contact them now. I did as soon as I made my reservation! I was able to have all of my correspondence with David's via email. We had a great experience renting points through them! We won't hesitate to do it in the future!

I would contact them now. I did as soon as I made my reservation! I was able to have all of my correspondence with David's via email. We had a great experience renting points through them! We won't hesitate to do it in the future!
Thanks!
So happy you had a great experience with them, it’s always scary trying something new.

Anyone recently there/there now that can report on pool hours? Seems like there should be a seasonal change at some point soon if patterns hold.

First Look at Room Layouts of New Disney Vacation Club Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

Disney has filed a new permit with South Florida Water Management District featuring layout plans for the ground level of the new Disney Vacation Club tower at the Polynesian Village Resort. DVC News shared the plans with their own highlights illustrating the different rooms.

polynesian dvc tower floor plans 1
Source: DVC News

The first image shows a Dedicated Two-Bedroom Villa next to a Lockoff Two-Bedroom Villa. The master suites are outlined in blue at the ends of each villa. The living area and kitchen are in green in the center. The second bedroom is outlined in red on the opposite end of the master. The Lockoff Villa can be booked as one large room, or separately as a One Bedroom and Deluxe Studio.

DVC News notes that the kitchen layout appears similar to layouts used in recent DVC additions like Disney’s Riviera Resort and The Villas at Disneyland Hotel.

polynesian dvc tower floor plans 2
Close-ups show three full bathrooms in the Two-Bedroom Villas. The light blue section outlined on the top of this image is the master bathroom with dual vanities, a tub, a walk-in shower, and a toilet.

The light pink section on the bottom is a second full bathroom off the villa’s living room area. These villas would also have a third bathroom attached to the Lockoff Studio.

polynesian dvc tower floor plans 3

Here are two One-Bedroom Villas side-by-side on the ground floor. Again, the master suites are outlined in blue while the living space is in green. There are some slight differences in the bathroom layouts of these rooms, suggesting one is an accessible room.

polynesian dvc tower floor plans 4

Lastly is a layout showing two Deluxe Studios (outlined in red) and a Duo Studio (outlined in purple). The Duo Studio is designed for two guests with a pull-down queen-size Murphy bed.

just returned from a girls trip 9/14- 9/17. We had booked a standard view studio. I requested Tokelau through Touring Plans. We ended up I. Pago Pago room 1126 on the first floor. I wasn’t excited about that as I wanted a balcony but I accepted what we received and went on.

Turns out our room was at the end of Pago Pago closest to TTC and it ended up being very convenient. We were also able to see fireworks, which I wasn’t expecting at all!
I never do DVC studio room requests because I don't mind Pago Pago. I have a car rental, so Pago Pago is conveniently located near the parking lot since I typically drive to most WDW locations except MK or monorail resorts.

We are planning a stay at the Poly that includes Christmas Eve. Last year we stayed at Wilderness Lodge and Santa was in the lobby taking pictures on Christmas eve. Does anyone know if there is a similar photo setup with Santa at the Polynesian on Christmas eve? Thanks so much!

I was looking for breakfast reservations at Kona Cafe for end of November and it looks like the cafe is not open for breakfast? That doesn't seem right to me.
Can somebody confirm that Kona is open for breakfast please.
Thank you.

I was looking for breakfast reservations at Kona Cafe for end of November and it looks like the cafe is not open for breakfast? That doesn't seem right to me.
Can somebody confirm that Kona is open for breakfast please.
Thank you.

Kona is open from 7am to 11am for breakfast daily.

I’m seeing wide open reservation times all week before Thanksgiving and after for a party of 4 and 6. Try clearing the cookies on your browser then instead of using the reservation tool on MDE.. use the search bar to search Kona Cafe and reserve from their page on MDE.

Here’s Thanksgiving day..IMG_0403.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter