Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
having panic attack here.... Is the pool closed for refurbishment? arriving the 19th and chose this hotel for the pool! it was supposed to be completed before we arrived! anybody?
Lava Pool
The Lava Pool and waterslide will be unavailable due to routine maintenance. During this time, it is possible that Guests may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00am. All dining and merchandise locations will remain in full operation. In addition, Oasis Pool will be available.

February 2018

Sorry - that's all I know. hopefully it wont be long if its just routine maintenance

Does being a member of TP give you an advantage when requesting a certain room? Also, since I’ve never seen this site before, do you recommend buying tickets off this website at a discount vs Disney.com? Thanks.
Some people will tell you it does because they fax your request in. I didn't find it had any affect on my room request. I even wrote a note to add to the fax and I didn't get the one thing I wanted and that was a king size bed. So I don't think it makes any difference in getting the room you want.

As far as tickets go it depends on what you want to do. If you are looking for FD then you have to have a package through Disney.com. If you are looking for just tickets there are several reputable sites you can go to and get the cheapest ones you can find. We did that last time we went and saved several hundred dollars. Go to mousesavers.com. They have a list of reputable dealers. Or you can try something like tickets at work or Plum benefits (which was my companies). Look around before you lock into buying tickets on a website to make sure it is trustworthy.

Thank you! I just tried doing it for my date but it said nothing available. I’ve already booked the room. Hmm. I’ll keep playing with it.

That is interesting. If you click on 'request room', it should take you to the Poly longhouse map. From there, you can click on a longhouse, which then gives you the option to click on individual rooms. I hope you can get it to work and get a request sent. I believe you have to have your fax configured at least five days prior to your check-in.

In the past when the lava pool was under construction they allowed you to swim at GF does anyone know if they do that now

Unfortunately the GF Beach Pool (the one with the slide) is also closed for refurb, their Courtyard Pool is open. I just checked out from the Poly today and no mention was made of access to another resort’s pool. Not their usual standard of both pre-notification and recovery. The Oasis pool is nice but small for the number of guests.
I did get a note from mousekeeping with the contact info of the GM for the resort, they said it is their new method for feedback.
Sorry for all who will be disappointed by the closure. I felt lucky it closed later than anticipated, originally was to be closed my entire stay.

That is interesting. If you click on 'request room', it should take you to the Poly longhouse map. From there, you can click on a longhouse, which then gives you the option to click on individual rooms. I hope you can get it to work and get a request sent. I believe you have to have your fax configured at least five days prior to your check-in.

Ill try again. Thanks

Anyone know What time they stop allowing kids into trader sam’s? Can they still sit out on the patio after that?

I don't understand how they can close one of the main features of the resort. We were planning on using this pool a lot!

Lava Pool
The Lava Pool and waterslide will be unavailable due to routine maintenance. During this time, it is possible that Guests may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00am. All dining and merchandise locations will remain in full operation. In addition, Oasis Pool will be available.

February 2018

Sorry - that's all I know. hopefully it wont be long if its just routine maintenance

The DIS is reporting (along with other sites I've read) that the Lava Pool will be closed until Feb 16th (this Friday). I'm hoping that's the correct info, since we arrive next week! :)

I called guest services today and they also said the Lava pool will be closed until 2/16, nothing about it after that. Hoping this is true!! :)

Yes but usually they let you know before hand. They started this later than they announced

Agreed. WDW historically has been horrible at letting guests know beforehand that amenities will be closed. A couple years ago, they closed the entire Lava Pool with zero notice. Last year they closed the food court and table service restaurant at CBR with 2 weeks notice. And there are plenty of other examples.

Thanks! We are! So far no problems (knock on wood!). We are the room about 10am e every day & they come by the time we get back.

Glad you're having a great time :goodvibes.

I bought tickets off the touring plans link to the official ticket center I ended up saving $60. Prices just went up Im so glad I bought mine late last month bc I saved another $60 doing that!
Now if your not staying DVC and want the DDP you have to buy tickets through disney

I just wanted to clarify that you can get a ticketless package (room + DDP) and buy tickets elsewhere. It used to be only AP holders and DVC members staying on points could book room + DDP without tickets, but that changed a couple of years ago. You have to call as it's not bookable online, but ticketless packages are now available to the GP ;).

Agreed. WDW historically has been horrible at letting guests know beforehand that amenities will be closed. A couple years ago, they closed the entire Lava Pool with zero notice. Last year they closed the food court and table service restaurant at CBR with 2 weeks notice. And there are plenty of other examples.
There’s some notice sometimes. In 2015, we wanted to go to the Polynesian, but stayed at the Contemporary, because Disney announced renovations at the Poly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter