Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 338180 This is what mousekeeping left for us today...

I hope you have an amazing trip. I am so sorry about the travel mishap you encountered, but thankful you and your husband are safe and able to enjoy your vacation.

I read a beautiful saying the other day that truly sums up marriage:

It doesn’t matter what kind of cars we drive
It doesn’t matter what kind of homes we live in
What does matter is being with you in the adventure of marriage.

Happy anniversary and buy you an Ellie badge pin (grape soda bottle top) to remember this trip. What an adventure!

We are on the way home from a fabulous Poly stay. The weather was great with just one really rainy day yesterday.

Had lots of Dole Whips which are my favorite. Found out I do not like the Lapu Lapu. This was my first time finally trying it and it was too strong. Me and DH shared it at dinner and it knocked my socks off!!

I could not find the torch lighting ceremony on the schedule but they are still doing it if anyone was wondering.

We enjoyed the pools, campfires and even did some Just Dance last night. Too fun!

The monorail was very reliable this trip which was nice. Only
took the boat once.

CMs sweet and helpful as always and housekeeping did a great job. Even got a few towel animals.

778EFC73-20A5-4F0B-B1D4-F222BE9E844B.jpeg 5E8B77A4-6646-4666-9896-DA5862D4F2D9.jpeg

Had a great stay and can’t wait to come back.

@Summer2018 and @hereforthechurros i hope you are having a great time.

I will post as well on the Poly CL page with some room and lounge pics!

We are great. We are just so happy to be here. I just cry and giggle a lot. This place gives me emotions that I just cannot put into words.

Glad things are great and that you're enjoying your time at the Poly :goodvibes.

I am so excited to join this thread! Today I booked our family’s very first Poly stay! We visit & dine there each trip, but have never actually stayed there. Looking forward to learning a lot here!

Welcome :welcome:

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay. You will love the Poly as it's a fabulous resort! Enjoy the rest of your planning :wizard:.

We are on the way home from a fabulous Poly stay. The weather was great with just one really rainy day yesterday.

Glad you had a great time! I can't wait for my first Poly CL stay in Oct. Looking forward to your pics :flower3:.

We are staying at the Poly November 27-December 1st. My brother and myself and our 79 year old Mom (birthday trip for her). Kind of a nostalgia trip as the last time we stayed at the Poly was 40 years ago . We have a pool/marina view booked. Just a couple of questions...

How is the single bed in terms of comfort and size?

Fiji or Samoa better for us and how far are the elevators from the farthest room out in each building?

Check in online or not? Trying to figure out requests for 2, 50 somethings and their 79 year old mom!

Thanks everyone!

@PPFlight75 I also don't care for the lapu lapu bc its so strong lol I believe we are in the minority.. I ordered it back in 2010 thinking it would be a pina colada.. Hubby looked at the description saw what it was and ordered it too but didn't bother to tell me.. I had to keep getting glasses of pineapple juice to dilute it lol
I should have thought to get more juice to dilute it!! Good idea! Yes we are probably in the minority. We are pretty lightweight drinkers as my DH really doesn’t drink so I’m out of practice lol! Just an occasional beer or drink for me. I’m glad I tried it though.
OT but I had an awesome drink at Il Mulino. It was called the Red Head and it was yummy. I had 2!

A little game of hide and seek at BouTiki... I am missing the Poly right now!

42833134744_6ac64d67da.jpg

I hope you have an amazing trip. I am so sorry about the travel mishap you encountered, but thankful you and your husband are safe and able to enjoy your vacation.

I read a beautiful saying the other day that truly sums up marriage:

It doesn’t matter what kind of cars we drive
It doesn’t matter what kind of homes we live in
What does matter is being with you in the adventure of marriage.

Happy anniversary and buy you an Ellie badge pin (grape soda bottle top) to remember this trip. What an adventure!
Thank you so much.

Had lots of Dole Whips which are my favorite. Found out I do not like the Lapu Lapu. This was my first time finally trying it and it was too strong. Me and DH shared it at dinner and it knocked my socks off!!

I could not find the torch lighting ceremony on the schedule but they are still doing it if anyone was wondering.

We enjoyed the pools, campfires and even did some Just Dance last night. Too fun!

The monorail was very reliable this trip which was nice. Only
took the boat once.

CMs sweet and helpful as always and housekeeping did a great job. Even got a few towel animals.

View attachment 338415 View attachment 338416

Had a great stay and can’t wait to come back.

@Summer2018 and @hereforthechurros i hope you are having a great time.

I’m so glad you had fun! We are loving life at the Poly right now.

We are staying at the Poly November 27-December 1st. My brother and myself and our 79 year old Mom (birthday trip for her). Kind of a nostalgia trip as the last time we stayed at the Poly was 40 years ago . We have a pool/marina view booked. Just a couple of questions...

How is the single bed in terms of comfort and size?

Fiji or Samoa better for us and how far are the elevators from the farthest room out in each building?

Check in online or not? Trying to figure out requests for 2, 50 somethings and their 79 year old mom!

Thanks everyone!

Sounds like a great trip you have planned! We've never stayed in Fiji, but loved Samoa as it's just steps from the pool, GCH, beach and Captain Cooks. If you didn't want to be so close to the pool action, Fiji gets a lot of positive reports, especially for views. I prefer to check in at the resort rather than do OCI, but that's just my preference. It's been awhile since our last Poly stay so I can't comment on the comfort of the daybed, but hopefully others will give their opinion. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Its been a while since Ive stayed here and I know some buildings were undergoing renovations. Just curious if the vanities are still located inside the bathroom, or are they out on the open now, separated from the shower/tub?

Can someone tell me what toiletries are provided in regular Poly rooms now? I assume H2O products but which varieties. Several years ago at the Grand we got the usual body wash, body butter, and also peppermint foot cream - a nice touch. We'll be there in August. Thanks!

Getting so excited!!! Will be at the poly in 13 days!!! We are staying in a dvc standard room. Trying to figure out how to pack. With only getting room serviced on day 3 or 4 does that mean that you only get 2 of the travel size toiletries(one in each shower?). May need to bring 2 regular sized everything if that’s the case.

Didn’t see a reply on the current size of the twilight feast from a few pages back. Has anyone ordered it recently that can compare it to the 40.00 version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter