Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Poly Board! Hoping those of you with specific, firsthand experience can answer a few questions. We have been moved from BC CL to Poly CL august 28-Sept 6. We stayed a few years ago at the Poly and honestly had mixed opinions about it. We were not club level but lucked out with an amazing room location in the smaller building right by the common areas. We were not happy with the food at the resort and found the pool to be absolutely freezing in the HOT weather. DS loved every minute.

Have they announced that the main pool will reopen? The boats to MK? the monorail?

As for the CL, the reviews I read last summer for the Poly seemed to indicate that the only warm offering at breakfast was oatmeal/grits. For those that have done YC/BC CL how does it differ from Poly?

Thanks so much for any and all answers.

Good morning Poly Board! Hoping those of you with specific, firsthand experience can answer a few questions. We have been moved from BC CL to Poly CL august 28-Sept 6. We stayed a few years ago at the Poly and honestly had mixed opinions about it. We were not club level but lucked out with an amazing room location in the smaller building right by the common areas. We were not happy with the food at the resort and found the pool to be absolutely freezing in the HOT weather. DS loved every minute.

Have they announced that the main pool will reopen? The boats to MK? the monorail?

As for the CL, the reviews I read last summer for the Poly seemed to indicate that the only warm offering at breakfast was oatmeal/grits. For those that have done YC/BC CL how does it differ from Poly?

Thanks so much for any and all answers.

Both pools will be open AFAIK. Monorail should be available, not sure on resort launch.

CL is definitely not available for the initial re-opening period. Are you sure you weren't moved to the DVC side?

Both pools will be open AFAIK. Monorail should be available, not sure on resort launch.

CL is definitely not available for the initial re-opening period. Are you sure you weren't moved to the DVC side?
Says category is Poly - Garden CL. Maybe they think CL will be open by then? Otherwise I would need a credit big time.

Says category is Poly - Garden CL. Maybe they think CL will be open by then? Otherwise I would need a credit big time.

Interesting! You might want to hop over to the CL thread and let them know. They can also tell you about the offerings.

Hi all... I am contemplating renting DVC points for a short trip to Disney in late July. I have never been to this resort but always been on my bucket list. I know there are several long houses that are for DVC only... I am not a big pool person, so would want to be as close as possible to transportation if that is even a possibility. Any recommendations on location? It would just be two of us and most likely just a standard view. I'm assuming no DVC rooms have a king bed?

Hi all... I am contemplating renting DVC points for a short trip to Disney in late July. I have never been to this resort but always been on my bucket list. I know there are several long houses that are for DVC only... I am not a big pool person, so would want to be as close as possible to transportation if that is even a possibility. Any recommendations on location? It would just be two of us and most likely just a standard view. I'm assuming no DVC rooms have a king bed?
We stayed in Tokelau. It was not a bad walk to the main building or the TTC. The DVC studios have a queen bed, a sofa bed and a small pull down bed. There is an extra bathroom with a shower and sink only.

I forgot to mention the three DVC buildings with studios. They are Pago Pago, Moorea and Tokelau. Pago Pago and Tokelau are standard view. Moorea is standard view on one side and lake view on the other side. The complimentary DVC laundry room is in Moorea.

King beds are extremely limited at the Poly and AFAIK are only available in a couple of longhouses on the hotel side. My knowledge of DVC is limited but Pago Pago is the one closest to the TTC if transportation is a concern, it's actually faster to walk there and get the monorails to MK than use the Poly's station. None of the longhouses on that side of the resort are a terribly far walk from the TTC though, and most people who stay DVC tend to recommend Tokelau for closer proximity to the Great Ceremonial House (shops, food, etc). Also Pago Pago standard is pretty much straight up parking lot view from what I hear, unlike standard in the other longhouses.

King beds are extremely limited at the Poly and AFAIK are only available in a couple of longhouses on the hotel side. My knowledge of DVC is limited but Pago Pago is the one closest to the TTC if transportation is a concern, it's actually faster to walk there and get the monorails to MK than use the Poly's station. None of the longhouses on that side of the resort are a terribly far walk from the TTC though, and most people who stay DVC tend to recommend Tokelau for closer proximity to the Great Ceremonial House (shops, food, etc). Also Pago Pago standard is pretty much straight up parking lot view from what I hear, unlike standard in the other longhouses.
We were put in a King for our 25th anniversary. I guess we got lucky.

We were put in a King for our 25th anniversary. I guess we got lucky.

Sure did! I think only Rarotonga and one other longhouse has them. It's always great to luck into one though. I got put in one at Beach Club standard view last year, but it was a corner room so one side had the ugly roof view but the other looked out at SAB and the Boardwalk! I think it was because I was solo and it was a busy holiday weekend during Food & Wine.

Speaking of, I was lucky enough to still be able to book today for Labor Day weekend at the Poly through our TA. Because it's a convention block contract with the agency she could still book me even though 2020 is on hold for regular Disney bookings. So I'm coming home this year after all!! :D I think I'll try to request a King in Rarotonga and see what happens. Maybe being solo will help again.

I saw earlier today and thought of you. :( I hope you get your resort situation squared away soon. I know you were really keen on Poly CL.
Im up with coffee waiting to call at 7.☕

I have to book parks for July August September and October. If I don’t do going home mornings I have just enough/ 14 days to cover . 🌞

Then after July over I can book my January , 👍

Slight Disney addiction. 🥰

Dd25 said she’d even do the cabin if we have to. We are in all the way ! Soon I find out where we staying 😁

I have to book parks for July August September and October. If I don’t do going home mornings I have just enough/ 14 days to cover . 🌞

Dd25 said she’d even do the cabin if we have to. We are in all the way ! Soon I find out where we staying 😁
Hey girl...I'm up too:) I have to book my park reservations for my July 19th trip. Then I have to call and figure out where I'll be staying. I was suppose to be staying POLY club July ---where do you think they'll be moving me?

Good luck!! I'm up waiting to book for September at the Poly. Next May's split stay trip can't have parks booked until Wednesday because my AP got extended before I could renew it and it only goes until December now. Our TA is going to add tickets on Wednesday to our basic 2021 package. Not worried about that though.

Hey girl...I'm up too:) I have to book my park reservations for my July 19th trip. Then I have to call and figure out where I'll be staying. I was suppose to be staying POLY club July ---where do you think they'll be moving me?
I am 7/16-19 poly cl. I used the mousesavers rack rate chart to see what my guess would be. IF they move us to a room that costs the same or more that would be a 1 or 2 bedroom villa. The studios are less expensive.

Now that CR will be open only the suites there would qualify unless some miracle they keep cl that an even swap.

I am 7/16-19 poly cl. I used the mousesavers rack rate chart to see what my guess would be. IF they move us to a room that costs the same or more that would be a 1 or 2 bedroom villa. The studios are less expensive.

Now that CR will be open only the suites there would qualify unless some miracle they keep cl that an even swap.
Will the one bedroom villa sleep 5 adults? That was my only fear--we have me, my hubby, and basically three grown kids over 18

Will the one bedroom villa sleep 5 adults? That was my only fear--we have me, my hubby, and basically three grown kids over 18
BLT and VGF do. A king in the bedroom, a sleeper queen and sleeper twin. Its possible with 5 they give you a 2 br.

Oh and a bungalow would be a nice upgrade , dream big right?

BLT and VGF do. A king in the bedroom, a sleeper queen and sleeper twin. Its possible with 5 they give you a 2 br.

Oh and a bungalow would be a nice upgrade , dream big right?
Also if you paid the 3 extra adult charges then that may push you into the 2 bedroom price swap
category.

If you end up with either blt or vgf PM me if have any questions. I have done the 2 bedrooms at both .LOVE THEM :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter