Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
And not to taunt or put salt in that wound, one of my new favorite things to do at the world is ride the skyliner. It is so relaxing and love all of the aerial views. You will definitely enjoy and hopefully this August :worship:
It sure is. It's also a good way to kill time waiting for your room to be ready if you're not hitting a park on your arrival day.

Last edited:
Hello Pop peeps! Working on something and have a couple of dumb questions. Assistance is appreciated.

- Pop pool hours - all pools are currently 10am-10pm, correct? (other than the Hipper Dippy current pool refurb)
- Playground - anyone there recently that can confirm if it is open or not?

Many thanks!

Where did you find the rate calendars? I can't seem to stumble onto them.
They're not easy to find. Follow these steps.

1. On the Disney website enter any 2 dates as a potential trip and request Pop Century. Click the rate amount displayed.

2. Ensure you've selected 'Room' (not 'Package') and then click the 'Rate Details'

3. Click 'View Rate Calendar'

This will display the calendar for the room category selected. Right now you can see the price of rooms for every night between tonight and Dec 31, 2022.

Hope this helps.

Just waiting for the confirmations from our TA; moving our trip to April 2022. Hoping the 4th time is a charm for my retirement trip. April 2020, then October 2020, then April 2022. So excited to stay at POP, it will our first time there.

Well, we all knew the day would come. December 2022 prices are out (in the calendar view) and all room categories at the end of the month are over $300/night at POP!!!

Standard Room
View attachment 556824

Preferred Pool View Room
View attachment 556826

The other 2 categories would fall between those price ranges.
WOW JUST WOW!

From the days of $49.00 Passholder rates to this!

Glad we recently "discovered" Hotwire Hot Rate deals!

Unfortunately those will be harder to confirm once Magical Express disappears. Pop not so much because of the Murphy bed situation, but other resorts will be harder to pinpoint.
Dang, I didn’t even think of that!

I saw on YouTube there was a room with a shower instead of a tub. Not a handicapped shower (no rails). Can this be requested or is it luck of the draw?

Thanks!

I saw on YouTube there was a room with a shower instead of a tub. Not a handicapped shower (no rails). Can this be requested or is it luck of the draw?

Thanks!
It can be requested although like all requests, it's not guaranteed. You would need to call 1-407-938-4000 to add your request.

Personally, these are our favourite rooms. We'd much prefer just a shower as we don't need a tub at Disney. Post-refurb, it appears about 33% of the rooms now have a shower only.

Here's a thread that lists the rooms we've received reports on re: tub or shower. Hope this is helpful!

If anyone visits Pop and has new information to add to that thread it would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Pop peeps! Working on something and have a couple of dumb questions. Assistance is appreciated.

- Pop pool hours - all pools are currently 10am-10pm, correct? (other than the Hipper Dippy current pool refurb)
- Playground - anyone there recently that can confirm if it is open or not?

Many thanks!

Did anyone answer you yet? We were at Pop last week. Yes, pools were open 10AM to 10PM and the refurb had not yet started when we checked out on Friday. (I'm not sure when it's supposed to start, though.) The playground was open.

Did anyone answer you yet? We were at Pop last week. Yes, pools were open 10AM to 10PM and the refurb had not yet started when we checked out on Friday. (I'm not sure when it's supposed to start, though.) The playground was open.
@GADisneyDad14, in case you were wanting to also know about the refurb, it was going on today. They were doing a lot of work in the pool and it looks like the big POP sign going into the main building from the pool was getting a cleaning or paint job or something?

It's been four years since our short stay at Pop but I got a good rate today and we are booked at Pop again. We surprised our grown kids and their spouses with a trip to WDW for their Christmas gift and initially booked Movies but I wanted to be on the Skyliner route (and can't swing the price of three rooms at CBR this time) so I'm excited to have snagged Pop.

Last edited:
I booked a Walker Mobility Scooter for my May Pop booking & I recall having to meet the driver by the bell services/bell luggage area. Question: is there a bell services @ Pop? Oy, I'm old!!!
Scott in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter