Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are less than two months away from our vacation, and about to finalize everything. Just a quick question about the different buildings. Last year we were in the 90's building, it looks far away, but honestly, the trek through the parking lot to the main building wasn't that bad. Since we plan on spending as much time in the parks as possible, we generally woke up, showered, head to the food court for breakfast, then out to catch the bus to head to the parks. Never once used the pool. I'm thinking of requesting a lake view if possible and wondering if its worth it? We would have a late dinner in the food court after the day was done, and plan on heading over to AoA at least once to eat since I now know it's right over the bridge. Can anyone assist with some feedback? Thx!
Our last trip we had a standard room. Requested 60's lake view and had a 3rd floor room on the lake side of bldg 5. It was a really great location. Close to the bridge, very quick walk to the pool, main building and buses. We liked the location much better than our 80's section room the previous year. I enjoyed the quick walk through the grounds more than the quick walk through the parking lot to the buses. We watched the fireworks from right outside our room on one night because it was raining pretty hard and another night watched from the Pop end of the generation gap bridge

We loved our lake view room in the 60's section (Bldg. 4) at Pop. It was our favorite room location out of our three stays at Pop -- quiet location (this was before AoA was built) but close to the pool, food court, and bus stops. We could watch fireworks from our room every night (though the trees might be too tall for that now). That location now has the advantage of being close to the bridge to AoA which makes it convenient to go over there to their food court and to use their buses when more convenient. My son and his wife had a 70's section lake view room (Bldg. 6) this summer and felt it was a really good location especially since the rest of our family was in a Nemo Suite at AoA. It was a quick walk across the lake for them to meet us for dinner or to catch the busses to the parks on days that we were traveling together. While we now prefer to stay in an suite at AoA, if we ever stay at Pop Century again, I will definitely request a lake view room. For us, it's not so much about the view, but more about the general (convenient) location of those rooms. Sooner or later, someone at Disney will catch on and start charging more for these rooms. :D
I agree we stayed there last year and had lake view and fourth floor. We once pulled chairs outside the room and just watched the shows. Really nice and convenient. I ate at the AoA a few times. They serve their meals on actual plates. The make your own pasta bar is awesome. I will probably eat there a few more times this visit. I also admit that one time walking back from AoA the fireworks started and saw a large family outside their room (pool side) when I told them about the fireworks they rushed over and got to enjoy them. So yeah they were thankful. This time will be my longest and i'm going to go for nine days. I hope to enjoy the pool this year, but still nothing can beat a lake view, fourth floor, 60's. Its a standard room but worth more as premium. It's quiet, you can't hear anything from the pool just on the other side, the only issue we had was an alarm clock in the neighboring room that went on for HOURS. Even called front desk a few times and still no resolution, but all in all, it was a great room. I have stayed only at PoP and so far this room was the best. I've even stayed in a premium room and still prefer this one, hands down.

You could request a box fan for your room if you think that would help. They are only available in limited quantities but you could stop by the front desk and ask if they have any. I know my son as well as my brother-in-law always ask for one at Disney and they've usually gotten them.

I didn't know that. Thanks!

I just got off the phone with a CM to submit a room request for my upcoming stay. She told me that all rooms in the 60s building are preferred and that there are no standard rooms there.... I thought that those facing the lake in 60s were standard. Does anyone know if this is true?

I just got off the phone with a CM to submit a room request for my upcoming stay. She told me that all rooms in the 60s building are preferred and that there are no standard rooms there.... I thought that those facing the lake in 60s were standard. Does anyone know if this is true?
You just got incorrect information. I've been told that before too. Lakeview are standard.

You could request a box fan for your room if you think that would help. They are only available in limited quantities but you could stop by the front desk and ask if they have any. I know my son as well as my brother-in-law always ask for one at Disney and they've usually gotten them.

We were able to get a fan last night. Thanks again for letting me know we could get one!

We have had a great stay so far (though we've mostly been at the parks!) It is very quiet where we are by the lake.

I'm thankful for these boards. They have really help with planning and making this a great trip!

We were able to get a fan last night. Thanks again for letting me know we could get one!

We have had a great stay so far (though we've mostly been at the parks!) It is very quiet where we are by the lake.

I'm thankful for these boards. They have really help with planning and making this a great trip!

Glad you were able to get one!

That was the case when POP first opened,but not now.:)

Yes! When we were there in 2004, those rooms were preferred and I remember that because we got pixie dusted with a free upgrade to those rooms! I can still hear the front desk CM say, "Well, I see someone sprinkled some pixie dust on you today....you've received a free upgrade to preferred location rooms!" (Bldg 4 in the 60's -- rooms 4450 & 4451....awesome location...though I'm still surprised we got that upgrade since we needed connecting rooms. It seems to be challenging enough just to get the connecting rooms but then to get the free upgrade and still have connecting rooms...). When we returned to Pop in 2009, those rooms were no longer a preferred location.

Yes! When we were there in 2004, those rooms were preferred and I remember that because we got pixie dusted with a free upgrade to those rooms! I can still hear the front desk CM say, "Well, I see someone sprinkled some pixie dust on you today....you've received a free upgrade to preferred location rooms!" (Bldg 4 in the 60's -- rooms 4450 & 4451....awesome location...though I'm still surprised we got that upgrade since we needed connecting rooms. It seems to be challenging enough just to get the connecting rooms but then to get the free upgrade and still have connecting rooms...). When we returned to Pop in 2009, those rooms were no longer a preferred location.

Awesome, thanks everyone! That was the answer I was hoping for :flower1: I read somewhere that the All Stars changed some sections that were standard to preferred, so I was worried something similar happened at Pop!

Right. That's why I said lakeview are standard.
Sorry, I had not seen your post, didn't mean to step on toes. I actually think lake view is the better option. The pool side in the 60's can get a little noisy with the crowds during the summer and not really nice when you have nap time during the middle of the day. The lake view is actually really quiet and has great views.

Sorry, I had not seen your post, didn't mean to step on toes. I actually think lake view is the better option. The pool side in the 60's can get a little noisy with the crowds during the summer and not really nice when you have nap time during the middle of the day. The lake view is actually really quiet and has great views.
Agreed. Lakeview is definitely the way to go! :goodvibes

Why would you want a pool view for more, when you can get a lake view??!! Lol. I just updated any reservation for lakeview, not sure if I'll pick a 2nd room request.

Why would you want a pool view for more, when you can get a lake view??!! Lol. I just updated any reservation for lakeview, not sure if I'll pick a 2nd room request.
Lake view, top floor, unless you have little ones. This is the best view and you don't have to worry about people walking above you all night. I have heard of people complaining in the past about families that stay up late and you can hear them. I don't remember if it was on here or not, but if you had some excited kiddies running around i'd rather not have them above me.

Anyone have any suggestions for a standard room that's close to the lobby and buses? We don't care about views or noise levels (seriously, my son and I can sleep through everything) or anything like that. I just want to be close to transportation.

Anyone have any suggestions for a standard room that's close to the lobby and buses? We don't care about views or noise levels (seriously, my son and I can sleep through everything) or anything like that. I just want to be close to transportation.
Honestly the 60's hippy dippy pool outside with lake view is still extremely close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter