Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local here! :wave: The fine dirt is just in the air. It settles on roofs (I have a white tile roof and fight it constantly), on cars, on everything. On outdoor stuff, a good hosing once a week keeps things under control. Indoors, I use a small steamer mop with pads I can put in the washer. You have to use some sort of wet cleaning to remove it, and in my two stays at Pop I only observed dry Swiffers being used. Since the dirt is so fine and the doors are exterior, I imagine some is getting in around or under the doors, a situation that wouldn’t occur in a deluxe resort with interior halls. I have stayed at BWV since they installed hard floors and didn’t have this issue. But just one walk from the door to the bathroom to shower at Pop and I left horrible black dirt footprints in the shower as I stepped in. I think if the housekeepers had a wet Swiffer, we wouldn’t be discussing this issue.

Thanks so much for the info!

Sorry if it's been reported already, didn't see it ...........

Dole Whip Now Available at Disney’s Pop Century Resort

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Can't wait to go home and tell my Dole Whip loving little girl this news! We arrive in a little over 3 weeks and she's carried her Dole Whip stuffie with her everywhere since she received it Christmas day! I know where we'll be stopping on the way to our room!

I just read that too!

Thanks so much for the info!

Can't wait to go home and tell my Dole Whip loving little girl this news! We arrive in a little over 3 weeks and she's carried her Dole Whip stuffie with her everywhere since she received it Christmas day! I know where we'll be stopping on the way to our room!

Queen beds, gondolas and now Dole Whips .............. before you know it Deluxe prices :rotfl2:

Well that’s good to know about the construction! I’m hoping for a top floor room in the 70s facing the lake. That’s true about the AoA bus too! Thanks!
This is what we had in 2015 and it was perfect! So quiet but still a very short walk to the main building. I’ve requested the same for our March trip.

This is what we had in 2015 and it was perfect! So quiet but still a very short walk to the main building. I’ve requested the same for our March trip.
So did you just put 70's and top floor? I'm wondering if I should request specific rooms. I was going to call today.

So did you just put 70's and top floor? I'm wondering if I should request specific rooms. I was going to call today.
In 2015 I just requested upper floor and 70s section and we got it. This trip I have a TP subscription so I’m doing a fax request of a specific room but I’d really be fine with any upper floor 70s room. I’m also requesting upper room 70s on our online checkin to cover all my bases.

In 2015 I just requested upper floor and 70s section and we got it. This trip I have a TP subscription so I’m doing a fax request of a specific room but I’d really be fine with any upper floor 70s room. I’m also requesting upper room 70s on our online checkin to cover all my bases.
I don't have a subscription with them so I'm wondering if I should call today and request a specific room. Do you think it's worth it or should I just wait until I check in? I always check-in in person just in case (I do online as well).

That's what I am afraid of. I am also afraid that we are going to be priced out of our "home away from home a/k/a CBR" whenever the construction is done.

I've already accepted that my stays onsite are slowly grinding to a halt. I'm just not going to pay these crazy prices for an average room when I can get a condo with more amenities at Bonnet Creek and virtually be on property OR a lovely hotel room with breakfast buffet and reliable housekeeping for much less. Love POP and CSR, gladly jump on POR, ASSp for the right trips ... and while enjoyed my deluxe stays I spend too much time at parks to justify them now.

I have POP at end of month but booked spring break at an Embassy SUITES with wonderful breakfast and more, for half what POP would cost and even more off a moderate. Even driving, I will be in bed before I would get back to POP on a bus. I am really really good at fuzzy math especially when it comes to Disney but I can't justify their prices much anymore, there are not enough perks or quality lodging. And once these things are done at POP, TSL, SWL ........... I can't even imagine what will happen across the board on hotel rates.

I don't have a subscription with them so I'm wondering if I should call today and request a specific room. Do you think it's worth it or should I just wait until I check in? I always check-in in person just in case (I do online as well).
We just did online requests last time and it worked out fine but with the refurbs happening now I'm not sure if it would affect room availability? It probably wouldn't hurt to call and add it to your reservation as an extra step. I know there are never any guarantees but I'm hopeful the online requests and TP fax request are successful!

We just did online requests last time and it worked out fine but with the refurbs happening now I'm not sure if it would affect room availability? It probably wouldn't hurt to call and add it to your reservation as an extra step. I know there are never any guarantees but I'm hopeful the online requests and TP fax request are successful!
I’m gonna call tomorrow anyway to pay off part of our trip with a gift card so I’ll have them add it. It can’t hurt anything.

The Dole whips have been at Pop for about two weeks. My family had them last week, but the CMs are a little confused when you ask for a dole whip. Ask for pineapple soft serve. My DH had a pineapple soft serve sundae, twice. DH tells me you can get the pineapple vanilla swirl, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter