Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So disappointed right now with pop! We were in a refurbished room in the 80s for the last few days. We came home today to a terrible smell of paint thinner. We grabbed some things and left for a few hours. Got home and it still smelled. We went to the front desk to request a room change. I don’t want to sleep in a room with strange chemical smells. After a lot of pushback they finally told us we could move rooms (after insisting that an air freshener should be good enough).

We received our new room number, walked back to our old room to pack up and we are locked out. Another long walk back to the lobby to get access to our room.

Fun in Sun doesn't include May 5th weekend... Friday was as far as the reservation could go, so I did 6 nights April 28th-May4th

I have a Fun in Sun reservation that starts May 5 ends May 12 but that availability hasn't been there since the first few days it was offered. So that weekend was included early on.

So disappointed right now with pop! We were in a refurbished room in the 80s for the last few days. We came home today to a terrible smell of paint thinner. We grabbed some things and left for a few hours. Got home and it still smelled. We went to the front desk to request a room change. I don’t want to sleep in a room with strange chemical smells. After a lot of pushback they finally told us we could move rooms (after insisting that an air freshener should be good enough).

We received our new room number, walked back to our old room to pack up and we are locked out. Another long walk back to the lobby to get access to our room.
Ugh...I hate it when stuff like this happens, but I hope it didn't ruin your vacation. In my experience there is always something that can and will go wrong, but I try not to sweat the small stuff, it's still Disney...and I'm on vacation!

Ugh...I hate it when stuff like this happens, but I hope it didn't ruin your vacation. In my experience there is always something that can and will go wrong, but I try not to sweat the small stuff, it's still Disney...and I'm on vacation!
We won’t let it ruin our vacation, but I think it seals the deal that we won’t be back onsite. Our safety was at stake sleeping in that room and the front desk implied I was overreacting. It isn’t the Disney service I’ve heard so much about. We planned on coming back to the room, enjoying a glass of wine and having a quiet night. Instead we spent 2 hours walking back and forth to the lobby. And not even an apology from them. Just an “oh great we found a room for you!”

We arrived at Pop today around 1:30pm. We didnt get our room until after 8:30pm! They kept giving us the run around about it. Thank goodness we are traveling with other family and we could put our luggage in their rooms. It definitely wasnt a great first day at the resort.

We requested 70s section but are in the 50s section. We were disappointed but we are only in there to sleep and the rooms arent that bad.

But I did get pixie dust today at Disney Springs! I had a very old hopper ticket from 1990 with one day left on it and I was getting a new card issued. The lady said it wasnt stamped clearly and gave me an extra day, so a 2-day non-expiring hopper ticket! I'll take it!!

We arrived at Pop today around 1:30pm. We didnt get our room until after 8:30pm! They kept giving us the run around about it. Thank goodness we are traveling with other family and we could put our luggage in their rooms. It definitely wasnt a great first day at the resort.

We requested 70s section but are in the 50s section. We were disappointed but we are only in there to sleep and the rooms arent that bad.

But I did get pixie dust today at Disney Springs! I had a very old hopper ticket from 1990 with one day left on it and I was getting a new card issued. The lady said it wasnt stamped clearly and gave me an extra day, so a 2-day non-expiring hopper ticket! I'll take it!!

Yuck!!! Did you do online check in?

I think 830pm is unacceptable. I thought the rooms were guaranteed by 5pm (or something like that). I feel like they should have credited you for the night.

Going with my boyfriend in July (his first time since he was 9!!!), and we are taking advantage of the free QS dining deal. We were torn between POFQ and Pop, I've never stayed at Pop before. What are the chances of getting a remodeled room? That's like a MUST for me! Exactly how much of the resort is completed at this point?

I think 830pm is unacceptable. I thought the rooms were guaranteed by 5pm (or something like that). I feel like they should have credited you for the night.

I'm pretty sure it's 4PM. 8:30 PM is just outrageous. I certainly would have asked for some sort of compensation. I'm usually in bed by that time when I'm at WDW.

Though I agree that 8:30 is unacceptable, there is no "guaranteed" time to get your room. WDW states that Check In starts at 3:00, but that's it.

Going with my boyfriend in July (his first time since he was 9!!!), and we are taking advantage of the free QS dining deal. We were torn between POFQ and Pop, I've never stayed at Pop before. What are the chances of getting a remodeled room? That's like a MUST for me! Exactly how much of the resort is completed at this point?
There’s a free dining deal for summer?

As another poster said, there is no guaranteed time. Most of the time, we have been in our room by 5pm, but not always. The latest for us was probably 7:30 at CR, and DVC properties can often run later as well. I think some of it depends on the occupancy the night before, but some of it can depend on your individual room. I received a room late at POFQ last year because they had cleaned the carpet in the room, and were having trouble getting it dry. The room itself was in a location I really liked, so I was glad they didn't move me to another room (always assuming another room would have been available) but I also was glad they didn't let me in until the carpet was dry. I think the latest I've received my room number at Pop was around 6pm, but I was checking in the day after Irma went through, so those were kind of unusual circumstances in the first place, and I had also requested (and did receive) a refurbished room, and there weren't so many of those available at the time.

I’m here now as well. We arrived 10am yesterday and our room was not ready until 1:16pm. We were in DHS having lunch. My text indicated that I needed to stop by the front desk. It did not provide the room number. I called the front desk direct phone number (I’ve had it for years they gave it to me once) to question why couldn’t I get a room number and go directly to my room? I was told to swing by the front desk to have my magic bands recoded for the room. Ok not a big deal.

We did receive our room requests: renovated room, location (70s building 6) but not floor location. They tried nothing was available.

No chocolates thanking us for returning. :( it’s fine. Not a big deal. It’s just when you hear about it, you expect it.

Housekeeping: so this is an issue. At check in I opted out. They gave me a card explaining “Service Your Way”. It says call the housekeeping button on your phone for anything. However, there is NO housekeeping button on the phone. I asked at check in “What do I do with the dirty towels & garbage?” They had no answer. I told them on this card should be a guest procedure for HOW to replenish services and what to do with used towels. The front desk has not been informed of a procedure they are being told to have us call housekeeping. Ugh. I’m not bothered by this personally yet. I just like order. I like to know ahead of time what to do.

The housekeeping gift card they send to your email can be linked to your apple wallet. You need the barcode to use it. Apple wallet made it handy.

Renovated rooms: love them overall. However, the floors are gross! It feels gritty like staying at a beach house. I had to use a wet wipe on my feet before climbing into bed - after showering! Storage is amazing for two guests. For a family staying 7-10 days, I’d miss the big closet. USB plugs everywhere. Lighting is bright. No soft lighting. For a nightlight, we kept the light up make up mirror on and cracked the bathroom door.

We have a shower only room, which I prefer. If my kids were younger I would have an issue that this is not mentioned during room assignment.

Cast members are nothing but friendly and very helpful.

Bus has been awful. Headed to DHS yesterday bus arrival time kept moving 10:34, 10:39, 10:45... ugh! Was a 15 min wait when I could have had an Uber in 3 mins. Leaving DHS I asked someone with an iPad near the bus sign how long for a Pop bus they said 5 mins. Nope it was 25! I’ve come to realize I’d rather not know when it’s coming. You don’t get annoyed then.

Weather has been cool. I’m comfortable in Capri pants and t shirt with a sweater. My son has been wearing nylon athletic pants and t shirts with a sweatshirt. It’s not shorts weather for us. The blasts of a/c here and there give me chills. Midday it hit 70 and the bus was freezing with a/c. Thankfully in the evening the heat on the bus was on high as it went down to 50. The extra bag to carry around for our sweaters has been the best thing I packed. I’m constantly taking off and on my sweater.

We’re off to Epcot. Let’s see if Touring Plans is correct predicting crowds at a 6 today.

Housekeeping: so this is an issue. At check in I opted out. They gave me a card explaining “Service Your Way”. It says call the housekeeping button on your phone for anything. However, there is NO housekeeping button on the phone.

The Housekeeping button was replaced with a "Disney Services" button as part of the refurb.

They need to print some new cards for POP reflecting this.

To my knowledge,POP is the only Resort without a designated "Housekeeping" button.:)

No chocolates thanking us for returning. :( it’s fine. Not a big deal. It’s just when you hear about it, you expect it.

You could "possibly" still get this(it seems to be really "random").

We got it SEVERAL days into a trip at All-Star Music a few years ago.:)

Wow, I’m starting to really get worried about staying here. Stayed at mostly mods and AoA. Has one pop stay about 2 years ago but only for 2 nights. We are doing a split stay and starting with 4 nights here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter