Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were there from Feb 1-12.

Feb 1-3 we wore shorts all day, until around 7pm, then I just put on light-weight pants and a light jacket/sweater. We were at Epcot so the lake had a good breeze coming from it.

Feb 3-12, we wore shorts every night and no jackets/sweaters.

Temps went from 23 to 30 in the day and 15-23 in the evenings.

We were back to the resort every night by 9pm.

Wow...drastic temp differences!
VERY drastic when we were there in January!

One day saw a FORTY-TWO degree difference!

The 29 degrees was the lowest temp at WDW since 2010!:)

39867381442_ea2168cf8a_h.jpg

Quick update on security checks at Pop. Here now, and dh and I have to work today in the room. Yes, sadly working on vacation! Anyway, we don't have the room occupied sign on the door. We had a knock on the door around 10am this morning with some ghirardelli chocolates, thanking us for being returning guests. Very nice! Then at 1pm, another knock on the door by a gentleman asking if we needed towels or anything (we had declined housekeeping at check-in). We said we didn't need anything at this time, and the man left (didn't come in the room). I don't know if that was it for the security inspection? Had he asked to come in, we would have let him, but he didn't ask. I'll post again if anyone else drops by to say hello! lol
Sounds lovely...I do have to sort of work...just check emails and send out materials...no big deal, quick check at end of each night. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: CJK
We were planning on ordering a few groceries for the week, so we can have breakfast in our room. DBF eats the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, and of course there's no microwave in the rooms. Is there a microwave in the food court and if it is, can we use it?

ETA: I just went back and re-read the first page and see that yes, there is a microwave...so that just leaves my question of if we can use it.

Last edited:

We were planning on ordering a few groceries for the week, so we can have breakfast in our room. DBF eats the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, and of course there's no microwave in the rooms. Is there a microwave in the food court and if it is, can we use it?

ETA: I just went back and re-read the first page and see that yes, there is a microwave...so that just leaves my question of if we can use it.
In addition to 2 Microwaves Everything Pop! also has Toasters ANY Guest can use.:)

31258224210_b56710fe19_z.jpg

Two microwaves available for use. We would bring a package of popcorn with us to the park and pop it on the way back to the room from the bus.

Good to know about the toasters. I'm planning a quick surprise trip for my DD and I to go to the waterparks in the summer. Won't be getting the dining plan so bringing bagels is a great option!

I've read conflicting info on my next question...Will Disney allow Instacart to deliver to the resort? I've read yes and no. It's not a problem for us to be there (we used them last year at Cabana Bay and it worked out great) because we plan on doing a resort or winging it day our arrival day.

Another online check in question. We don't know exactly what time we'll be there to check in. We are driving down and just don't have an exact arrival time. I just put 9:00 am, should I put a later time? Just trying for a refurb room. I put our requests as 80's building, high floor.

Another online check in question. We don't know exactly what time we'll be there to check in. We are driving down and just don't have an exact arrival time. I just put 9:00 am, should I put a later time? Just trying for a refurb room. I put our requests as 80's building, high floor.

It’s not a problem if you arrive later than your estimated time. You may have an increased chance of a wait if you arrive earlier than your estimated time. I usually enter a time about three hours earlier than I think the actual time will be, because when I put the actual time I was getting the email with the room number while driving from work to the resort (and I turn my phone off when I drive). Now I get the email an hour or two before I leave work for the day.

VERY drastic when we were there in January!

One day saw a FORTY-TWO degree difference!

The 29 degrees was the lowest temp at WDW since 2010!:)

39867381442_ea2168cf8a_h.jpg
I was there that day too. I drove out to the house about 2:30am to put the faucets on drip and then drove back to Pop. That was a chilly morning.

Good to know about the toasters. I'm planning a quick surprise trip for my DD and I to go to the waterparks in the summer. Won't be getting the dining plan so bringing bagels is a great option!

All the resorts have microwaves and toasters available for guests use.

When my kids were toddlers, they loved toasted bagels for breakfast. The majority of the Resort gift shops have Thomas' bagels available for under $4 a bag. If my Resort didn't have them, I'd head over to a DVC resort (where we'd be dining for dinner) like Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge, I always found the bagels there.

Each morning I would ask the cashiers in the food court if I could purchase butter/cream cheese. Their response was always help yourself, free of charge.

Last week, I brought instant oatmeal for myself while my son had his Mickey waffles each morning.

It's a great way to save on breakfast.

DEFINITELY!:)

We walked around Epcot that day singing the Pete Seeger classic "Where Have All The Flowers Gone?"!lol:)

39902895892_497e57923f_h.jpg

We were in MK that day, bundled up in layers and gloves and hats. As cold as that was, I'm thinking I will prefer that to what the temps will be during our next trip in June. Don't mind the cold (other than having to pack more clothes), but I'm heat intolerant. My son is too, but he'll sacrifice some comfort for the sake of WDW. ;)

DH and I every morning shared a bagel breakfast sandwich with a side of potatoes. It was plenty for us for breakfast. Most times at lunch, I would eat off the kids menus. The portions were plenty big for lunch.

DH and I every morning shared a bagel breakfast sandwich with a side of potatoes. It was plenty for us for breakfast. Most times at lunch, I would eat off the kids menus. The portions were plenty big for lunch.

Thanks! We normally have the dining plan so this will be a bit of a different trip for us. Our last and next trips are during 'winter' months and my DD loves Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. My hope is for this trip to be a surprise and as it's an extra I'm trying to keep costs down.

Thanks for the tips about ordering kids meals. We share meals normally but I'm guessing even a kids meal could be purchased as we're not big eaters in the heat of summer.

Thanks for the tips about ordering kids meals. We share meals normally but I'm guessing even a kids meal could be purchased as we're not big eaters in the heat of summer.

I found the kids meals great value as you got your meal, drink and a couple of healthier snacks (carrots/apples/grapes). I can count on one hand how many days I received vegetables with adult meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter