Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a weird question regarding the bathroom refurb at POP.
I want to redo our guest bathroom and really liked the tub surround at POP. No seams or grout and it has a clean look, which is what I'm trying to achieve in this bathroom. DH doesn't think it's overly pricey either. Anyone know what type of material or who the manufacturer may be?

I agree with removing location request from online and leaving online requests blank since connecting rooms is your only true priority You can call and request connecting rooms. A fax can also be sent but they recommend doing that around 5 days prior to your arrival, not much sooner. Calling in requests can be done any time from booking to about 3 days prior to arrival.

I booked a trip for my cousin’s family of 6. They were at Pop in Aug of this year and were able to get connecting rooms. Hopefully you will be just fine if this is your only request.

Since you’re arriving late in the evening, if they do not assign you connecting rooms, possibly they could move you the following day? Hopefully this will not be necessary though, just providing an option if your first rooms do not connect and they cannot move you the day you arrive. Stopping at checking upon arrival you can find out if initial rooms connect and discuss options if you need to.

Have a great trip!! We’ll be headed hone on Disney’s Sad-gicsl Express as you arrive.
Thanks to both for the advice. Scrapping-would you care to send me the number you would use to call in this request? I’ve seen at least a couple different numbers given.

Thanks to both for the advice. Scrapping-would you care to send me the number you would use to call in this request? I’ve seen at least a couple different numbers given.
These days it is just the regular Disney number. When I called in our requests last week I called 1-407-934-7639 (1-407 W Disney)

Just back from our second stay in a renovated accessible room at Pop...this time in building 10 (room 0251). I, for one, am not a fan of the new laminate flooring...it is filthy. When we got back to the room on arrival day, I took off my shoes and socks and proceeded to unpack our stuff for our 5 night stay...after about 30 minutes, I noticed that the bottom of my feet were very black - it looked like I had been walking outside in bare feet...not a good sign...The next morning I sent an email to the GM of the resort (there was a letter with the email address in our room) to inquire if it was normal to have the floors so dirty - I even included photos of the bottom of my feet. I inquired if this was an effect of guests foregoing housekeeping in order to receive a gift card or if because we were in an accessible room, the housekeepers just don;t care about how clean the floors are. I specifically requested that the floors in our room be mopped that day while we were in the parks. When we returned to our room on day 2 (the day I sent the email) there was no message on our phone and no email and you could tell the floors had not been cleaned. I went to the front desk to inquire and I was advised that my email was received and they were looking into it. I am not sure what needed to be looked into. Our floors were FINALLY mopped on Day 4. I would suggest if you are staying at Pop that you take either slippers or socks you don't care about because it is clear that mopping floors is not a priority at the resort.

This "hard floor being dirty" issue is now the new normal across many hotel chains. The flooring style is fashionable and may be with us for a decade. The additional challenge occurs when water, that gets on the floor, interacts with the usual grime on the bottom of your shoes. It leaves dirty footprints on the floor.

I have never walked around my room barefooted or sock footed. I have always had slippers or shoes on. Having said that, I feel my floors are dirtier with hard flooring than with carpeting. Unlike many other hotels, Pop has exterior doors that lead to the great outdoors. Tracking outside dirt and sediment into the room is definitely going to happen. The only strategy I have found that helps is to use a bath towel as a doormat and change shoes as soon as I enter the room.

My opinion---adding hard flooring to the room has not improved my guest experience.

I have a weird question regarding the bathroom refurb at POP.
I want to redo our guest bathroom and really liked the tub surround at POP. No seams or grout and it has a clean look, which is what I'm trying to achieve in this bathroom. DH doesn't think it's overly pricey either. Anyone know what type of material or who the manufacturer may be?

Check Menard's if you have one close to you. I was looking at similar surrounds there.

I have hardwood and tile on my main floor at home. I walk barefoot all the time and my feet aren't dirty. I'd like to claim to be a great housekeeper, but most of the kudos go to my robot vacuum. It runs every other day. It amazes me how much dirt, dust, and grime it picks up when we all take our shoes off when we enter. If the floor is vacuumed every day it doesn't need mopping as often.

Of course at a hotel, this would mean vacuuming and mopping every single day to keep it clean. They obviously aren't doing either.

We are all settled in. Room is great right outside lady and tramp. Not to bad is a walk to the buses etc.

We were not able to opt out of housekeeping. They said that it isn’t an option with our package. We did book our room at conference prices and got our tickets directly through Disney but they are the Canadian offer. I’m assuming it is because of our room booking but I am going to ask again and see. Has anyone else had luck with a conference rate room booking?

We are all settled in. Room is great right outside lady and tramp. Not to bad is a walk to the buses etc.

We were not able to opt out of housekeeping. They said that it isn’t an option with our package. We did book our room at conference prices and got our tickets directly through Disney but they are the Canadian offer. I’m assuming it is because of our room booking but I am going to ask again and see. Has anyone else had luck with a conference rate room booking?

I have seen many reports here on the DIS of guests who booked with a conference rate not being allowed to opt out of housekeeping.

We just returned from a 4 night stay at Pop. We reserved preferred pool view and were in room 5470. We requested and got a tub and top floor. It was only my husband and I so the room was fine. We could hear the people in the room beside us, but we brought a sound machine so sleeping was not a problem. We did not opt out of mousekeeping, and came back to a clean room each day. Bus service during our trip was great except for 1 day. For just the 2 of us, we would definitely stay here again.

We are home after a week at Pop. Mostly positive experience. Biggest complaint was the non-existent water pressure in our shower-only room (building 10, 335). Water barely trickled out of the hand-held shower head. If turned upside down, the water wouldn't even make it out of the holes! We also experienced water backing up and turned out to be hair in the drain, under the white cap.

Thanks to all the information here, we knew what to expect and enjoyed our trip otherwise.

I never paid attention last time we stayed after the refurb but, does anyone have any idea how close an electrical outlet is to the window? I want to decorate my window with Christmas decorations and I don’t know if I can plug in lights or if I just need to hang tinsel around the window. I did look for pictures of the rooms at the beginning of this thread but, they are all pre-refurb pictures. Thanks!

I never paid attention last time we stayed after the refurb but, does anyone have any idea how close an electrical outlet is to the window? I want to decorate my window with Christmas decorations and I don’t know if I can plug in lights or if I just need to hang tinsel around the window. I did look for pictures of the rooms at the beginning of this thread but, they are all pre-refurb pictures. Thanks!
I don’t know the answer to this, but perhaps you could use battery operated lights? We use these outside at home and they cycle 6 hours on and 18 hours off. So if you turn them on the first time around the time you’d like them to come on they will be lit and waiting when you come ‘home’ each night without having to be on all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter