Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if we dislike the products but use them for the convenience, lol? For longer trips I usually bring my own conditioner at least. For shorter trips I just use the Disney products. I find the shampoo is tolerable (I’m not a big fan of the smell, but it gets my hair clean), but the conditioner seems to create tangles in my hair.
lol! Whatever works best for you. Others may find the same as you.

They are secured in such a way that guests cannot open them. We really like the products and don’t hesitate to leave our own at home :)

If you go back just a few pages to page 679, @RaySharpton pisted a pic which includes the shower accessories.

Thank you. I haven't been to POP since the refurbs so I wasn't sure and there are a lot of pages to go through, lol.

We always bring our own because we are not fans of the wall mounted bottles. And just ro mention it, those bottles can be accessed by guests. There is a post on this forum that has the OP holding one if the bottles in his hand, with the clip open. The little round piece on the clip is not a lock, it just holds the clip closed.

We always bring our own because we are not fans of the wall mounted bottles. And just ro mention it, those bottles can be accessed by guests. There is a post on this forum that has the OP holding one if the bottles in his hand, with the clip open. The little round piece on the clip is not a lock, it just holds the clip closed.
During one of our stays, housekeeping forgot to “lock” the clip piece when they refilled our shampoo (not sure why they only refilled the shampoo as the conditioner was running low also). It worked out well for us as we ended up using up enough of the remaining conditioner that we needed to turn the bottle upside down and shake it to get more to come out.

Just spent a week at Pop--first time staying there. I had booked preferred, and got one of the furthest preferred rooms away from main building. We were in 4362 (tub room) and my DS and fiance were in 4363 (shower). I was surprised since these rooms faced the pool and we didn't have pool view booked--not sure if they are considered pool view since we were at the far end of the building close to the bridge to AoA?

I had requested first floor and close to transportation, so I didn't get any of my requests. Didn't worry too much, since I know they are just requests. There were a few problems with the room/app. We could never see our dining credits on the app. We had qs on our room and Deluxe on DS room. At our first dinner they said his band showed QS. They contacted resort after DS showed them his confirmation email that showed deluxe dining. It took a phone call and two visits to the front desk to get it all straight. They had to re-book his reservation. After they "fixed" the issue he could see his dining credits on his app. We didn't bother trying to get them to fix our app issue.

The rooms were nice. There was plenty of storage. We had three in our room, so used the second bed. It was a bit of a tight fit with both beds down, but there was still room to have chairs near window and also suitcases on floor. We enjoyed the resort and the food court options. Busses were also very good. I was impressed how quickly a second bus would arrive after the first bus was filled and there was still a line of people. I don't think we ever waited more that 20 minutes for a bus, and many times we waited less than 5 minutes.

We really had good luck with crowds considering we were there the week before Christmas. We did the MVMCP on 12/20 and it was amazing. Weather was looking terrible so I think many were scared away! We had originally planned to do party on 12/16 and I'm so glad we didn't. We went to MK that day and the crowds were large, and when we left, the party crowds were insane. We had a wonderful trip and really enjoyed our first stay at Pop!

Thanks to both for the advice. Scrapping-would you care to send me the number you would use to call in this request? I’ve seen at least a couple different numbers given.
Just wanted to update everyone regarding our room request experience. I called and faxed my request for connecting rooms, and we got just that. Two connecting rooms in 90’s section. 8270 and 8271. Nice quiet rooms with two queen beds and bath/shower. 2nd Floor. Overlooking computer pool and guest laundry which was awesome. Quick walk across parking lot to buses and main building. Bus service, btw, was best we’ve ever had. That includes at Poly and Riverside. I don’t know if it was the call or fax that did it, but I’d suspect the call was the better route. They did question me a little because we booked through an online agent and not direct, but still processed my request without redirecting me to call my TA.

One other tip from our experience this week. If you have a housekeeping request, you don’t have to wait and call from your room. We wanted extra blankets our second night, so we called in our request while out at the park using the hotel number listed on the MDE app under hotel details. Extra blankets were waiting on our bed when we arrived back that evening. So nice not to have to wait.

Can anyone tell me about the new make-up mirrors in the room? Is one side regular and one side magnified or are both side magnified? Thanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter