Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there anyone there at POP right now that can tell me if they still have the small bottles of Kahula in the food court refrigerators along with the ind servings of wine & beers??

Ive never stayed on the first floor...is it very loud? Anything annoying about it or should i request? I use a scooter its not a big deal to use the elevator but sometimes can mean a 10-15 min wait because there isnt room. Our trip is very short and im thinking it would be nice to just roll in :) we DO want to go to sleep at 8-9pm for galaxys edge day so if its super noisy please tell me, ive only ever stayed on 3/4 floors In the 70s. I was going to request through TP for 50’s. Is lake view better for quiet, regardless of floor?

What is the construction happening just outside of the luggage area and just left of the hotel facing the food court ?

Is that still the Resort Airline Checkin area being worked on? When I was there in November, they were working on that and RAC was moved to the front of the hotel with the regular bag services.

Is that still the Resort Airline Checkin area being worked on? When I was there in November, they were working on that and RAC was moved to the front of the hotel with the regular bag services.

My goodness, they were doing that last August when we were there for our Galaxy's Edge AP preview!

Ive never stayed on the first floor...is it very loud? Anything annoying about it or should i request? I use a scooter its not a big deal to use the elevator but sometimes can mean a 10-15 min wait because there isnt room. Our trip is very short and im thinking it would be nice to just roll in :) we DO want to go to sleep at 8-9pm for galaxys edge day so if its super noisy please tell me, ive only ever stayed on 3/4 floors In the 70s. I was going to request through TP for 50’s. Is lake view better for quiet, regardless of floor?
Noise will mainly be determined by guests staying near/above you. I've had perfectly quiet rooms on 1st floor and crazy noisy ones on the 4th floor when guests beside us thought 2am was a great time to party. Any room can be quiet or loud so unfortunately location doesn't always matter. If you would prefer 1st floor due to scooter I'd request that.

That being said, we were on the 2nd floor last year and both my parents had scooters. We never waited more than 2 or 3 minutes and depending on how many people were already in the elevator, we sometimes needed to wait for 2 elevators. We never waited anywhere's close to 10-15 minutes!! Sorry this happened to you in the past!
Yes, the construction at the rear of Classic Hall towards the 50's section is the Resort Airline Check-in area refurbishment.

First time staying at a Disney Resort. Is it better to say your check in time is before the official one? I just put ours as 3pm, thinking that was kind of the earliest you could be, lol. But, really, we'll be able to be there as early as about 10am. Would that give us a better chance of getting the room we want?

First time staying at a Disney Resort. Is it better to say your check in time is before the official one? I just put ours as 3pm, thinking that was kind of the earliest you could be, lol. But, really, we'll be able to be there as early as about 10am. Would that give us a better chance of getting the room we want?

Your room assignment is independent of the arrival time you enter during online check in, unless you tick the box that early arrival should supersede any requests. Then they'll try to get you in the first room available that day.
We usually take early morning flights and I always put in the actual time we'll arrive. I usually start getting text updates around the time I entered, even if it's just "your room isn't quite ready". The rooms have usually been ready well before 3pm.

Not to sound like a lush, but does Everything Pop still sell Captain Morgan’s or Meyer’s? If so what size are they and roughly how much $? Thanks in advance?

I agree with Moliphino. Tell them what time you're actually arriving. Your room is assigned days before you get there so getting there earlier/later isn't going to change much (you can always ask to for a different room when you get there if you're not happy with the one assigned to you). If you tell them you're getting there at 10:00, there will be a much better chance of your room being ready when you arrive. If you tell them that you're arriving at 3:00 and show up at 10:00, it's less likely that your room will be ready. We've been to Disney 8 times in the last 17 years and always arrive between 10:00 a.m.- noon. Only one time out of those 8 visits has our room not been ready when we got there (well, there was one time that we said we'd be there by 10:30 and our room wasn't ready until 11:45. We were running late that day so it didn't matter). In 2001, our room wasn't ready until about 2:30 -- but that was before online check-in so they had no idea what time we would be arriving.

I have seen pictures of what seem to be monitor/televisions showing the time of arriving buses. Is this available at Pop Century? If so, where can I find them.

I have seen pictures of what seem to be monitor/televisions showing the time of arriving buses. Is this available at Pop Century? If so, where can I find them.
There are screens near the buses. You will also find the information on your MDE app once you arrive at Pop.

Oh! You can see it on the MDE app too? So I'll be able to see it from our room. That's awesome. Thanks for sharing that!
It’s a great feature although times do change often. Sometimes buses arrive and leave a few minutes early and occasionally get pushed back. Still a wonderful feature though!!

I agree with Moliphino. Tell them what time you're actually arriving. Your room is assigned days before you get there so getting there earlier/later isn't going to change much (you can always ask to for a different room when you get there if you're not happy with the one assigned to you). If you tell them you're getting there at 10:00, there will be a much better chance of your room being ready when you arrive. If you tell them that you're arriving at 3:00 and show up at 10:00, it's less likely that your room will be ready. We've been to Disney 8 times in the last 17 years and always arrive between 10:00 a.m.- noon. Only one time out of those 8 visits has our room not been ready when we got there (well, there was one time that we said we'd be there by 10:30 and our room wasn't ready until 11:45. We were running late that day so it didn't matter). In 2001, our room wasn't ready until about 2:30 -- but that was before online check-in so they had no idea what time we would be arriving.

What if you don't need your room until 6:30? Would you say that? We're going to the parks arrival day anf have dinner reservations at 5. We're hoping for connecting room would a later check in time increase or decrease our chances? We may stop off and sign paperwork before heading to Epcot at like 10. We're driving so no luggage to store either.

What time do you catch the bus/Skyliner to make it to rope drop for the 4 parks. I’m just trying to figure out how long it takes to catch the bus, driving time, security, etc. We are going Feb 14-21, which is a very busy time.

What time do you catch the bus/Skyliner to make it to rope drop for the 4 parks. I’m just trying to figure out how long it takes to catch the bus, driving time, security, etc. We are going Feb 14-21, which is a very busy time.
The skyliner seems to be running from 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day, at least during the weekdays. I'll let you know if it changes on the weekends after today's trips. For HS openings at 7 a.m. you'll have to take the bus. When Magic Kingdom opened at 8 a.m. we were at the bus stop by 7:20 and there were three buses of people before us already, really long line...but the buses do come one after the other with very little wait time in between. But because we were on the fourth bus, we never made it for the 8 a.m. opening, we got there like 8:20, loosing out on part of our Extra Magic Hour. The line for 7DMT was already at 90 minutes by the time we got to it. I'd suggest getting to the bus stop as early as you can.

If we rope drop any park, we always get to the bus stop about an hour and 15 minutes to an hour and a half before park opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter