Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy new year everyone! Started off my new year booking our trip at POP OCTOBER 17-25TH. We have stayed at pop several times but not the last 3 trips. Excited to come back. We have tried moderates and deluxes and while we love them it just makes more sense for us since we do not use the room that much. Really excited!

We booked our trip for May 23rd - May 29th. :) Can't wait. Going back to pop and got a code for 25% off our room. We are standard pool view so I'm hoping we get the 50s pool. :) We haven't stayed in that section yet, we are usually in the 70s which we do love.

Just returned from POP.

Had a wonderful trip.

Stayed in building 9, 80's section, pool-view room.

Weather was great, 80's and sunny.

Magic Kingdom was really crowded, which I expected. Other parks weren't too bad.

Pop food court, was ok. I mainly had the create-your-own salad. The house-made chips were really good. Most of the other food choices just didn't look appetizing to me. Pop waffles were good though, and the chocolate chip cookies and blueberry muffins.

Used Disney bus service. It was pretty good. No super long waits.

Magic band worked perfect.

Walked over to Art of Animation one day, had lunch there. Pretty good.

Will definitely return to POP!

pixiedust:

I'm missing Pop already. :(

On a positive note.....I just wanted to point out that the towels were soft and cushy like moderate towels on this trip. We are used to the rougher thread bare towels at value resorts. But the Pop towels during this trip were fluffy and thick. A great improvement from past trips! :thumbsup2

Isn't it crazy how quickly the post trip sadness begins? Usually before you even leave property. THanks for the info on the towels, :thumbsup2

We are staying at pop in April and we both love trying all the different food. Is there anything at pop that you guys would recommended us try or a must?

We are staying at pop in April and we both love trying all the different food. Is there anything at pop that you guys would recommended us try or a must?

DBF and I usually walk over to AoA to eat at their food court. More options and create your own pasta is pretty awesome.

We had booked 2 LM rooms at AoA for a late April trip but, now with the spring specials out I asked our TA to look into switching us to PoP. It would save us about $400 off our total, even more when you add in the value of the free extra day of park tickets. Kids were really excited about AoA but we told them we can walk over and look at all the themeing.

This is our first time staying onsite and the look of PoP has never thrilled me but, I can't pass up the savings. This will actually be my 2 youngest (5) first WDW trip and my oldest (7) second. Grandparents are coming as well.

We are all really excited, can't wait until April!

We had booked 2 LM rooms at AoA for a late April trip but, now with the spring specials out I asked our TA to look into switching us to PoP. It would save us about $400 off our total, even more when you add in the value of the free extra day of park tickets. Kids were really excited about AoA but we told them we can walk over and look at all the themeing.

This is our first time staying onsite and the look of PoP has never thrilled me but, I can't pass up the savings. This will actually be my 2 youngest (5) first WDW trip and my oldest (7) second. Grandparents are coming as well.

I just returned from Pop, and liked it a lot. We stayed there about 10 years ago too.

I don't think you will be disappointed in Pop. Food court food is ok, not the best I've ever had, but ok. Create your own salad was really good, as well as the POP waffles.

Bus service was excellent. Never any long waits.

Pools are very nice. We had a pool-view room.

Being able to walk over to Art of Animation was nice. Ate lunch there one day, walked around the resort to look at theming, and took some pictures.

Room was VERY nice. Clean, bed was comfortable, bedding was really nice, good housekeeping, not a long walk to the busses and main building.

Lots of huge icons that I think your children will enjoy.

Pop didn't feel crowded, except for the food court, during the busy hours.

I hugely enjoyed staying at Pop! :love:

I love Pop we have stayed there three times and we are going back at the end of May. I wanted to get a mod resort but the savings talked me into a value again so of course we picked Pop. My kids LOVE it. They absolutely adore Pop. We do walk over to AOA and they love looking around at everything over there. It is amazing theming.

We have never had issues with buses. We go at a pretty busy time and never waited more than about 10 min for a bus. But, we did wait a long time trying to leave a park, mid day. We finally just jumped on the third AOA bus that we had come by, and took that back and walked over to our room at Pop.

We had booked 2 LM rooms at AoA for a late April trip but, now with the spring specials out I asked our TA to look into switching us to PoP. It would save us about $400 off our total, even more when you add in the value of the free extra day of park tickets. Kids were really excited about AoA but we told them we can walk over and look at all the themeing. This is our first time staying onsite and the look of PoP has never thrilled me but, I can't pass up the savings. This will actually be my 2 youngest (5) first WDW trip and my oldest (7) second. Grandparents are coming as well. We are all really excited, can't wait until April!

I think you're making the right choice. We love Pop, but have considered LM at AoA a few times but always come back to wanting to stay at Pop. AoA is great, loved the theming when we walked over and ate there. Great food court. I'd stay if in a suite. But LM section is Very Far from everything. And at the end of the day, a long walk back to the room or back to the food court to refill our mugs, really matters to us. And Pop is laid out really well. Never paid for preferred and have always had a great location. Easy quick walk. And like you said, cheaper.

Hi!
Was just wondering if it is possible to walk from the Pop to CBR? If so, how long is the walk? Which route is best?
Thanks!

We will overlap, and I'm on a princess only trip too: me! (Leaving DH and twin DS's at home.)

I'm leaving DH and 3 boys at home!! This will be the first time I've gone without any of the boys!! We're doing princess meals, princess meet and greets, and generally doing more a more experience oriented trip rather than a ride focused trip. I'm so looking forward to this!! :goodvibes

Hi!
Was just wondering if it is possible to walk from the Pop to CBR? If so, how long is the walk? Which route is best?
Thanks!

Not really....there are no sidewalks and staff will strongly discourage you from trying it. Also, remember there are snakes hanging about in the grass....could be small gators too.

I just booked a stay at Pop with my family for April this year. I was previously considering CSR but changed resorts to accommodate another family traveling with us.
I am not one who can function without coffee first thing in the morning. Cold coffee does not do it for me. I know Pop does not have coffee makers.
Can I bring a coffee maker with me (like a small Mr. Coffee) - not sure if it will be allowed in the room?
If not allowed - where is the coffee at Pop and how is it? I don't expect coffee shop quality - just strongly caffeinated. And how early does the dining place open? I'm an early riser and to get oomph I will need some fortifying. :coffee::dance3:
Last question: how is the coffee at the parks?
Thanks all!
:hippie::littleangel:

I do believe you can bring a sm coffee maker, no problems. They have regular old coffee at the food court. Thank god for Starbucks on Main Street bakery at Magic Kingdom! : ). I want to say food court opens at 6am. Don't quote me on that. Be sure to check out the 1st page, it will give you all the resort info.

This thread is great! I will be checking in May 6! Can't wait! My third time staying there!

The coffe in the resort food court was recently changed from Nescafé to Joffrey's. I'm hearing this is a pretty positive change from guests who've already tried it considering Nescafé was pretty awful. You can also do the Starbucks Via packets, but you have to get hot water from the food court. We plan to stash an emergency Starbucks budget just in case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter