• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parking question- We will be guests at Pop Century, and we will not have a car. I have other family members staying at another resort (Non-Disney property) and they would like to meet us at the Pop Century for dinner on our first night (we didn't tell the kids that their Grandma, Aunt, Uncle, and cousins are going to be there the same time as us, and it's a surprise!). They have a car, and will need to park. How does the parking for non guests work? Can they get parking validated if they show a dinner receipt? Thanks for any help.
They just need to tell the Guard they are going to have Dinner at Everything Pop.

No problems-Guests do this all the time.

I don't know if you guys know but the Pop is going under refurb as permits have been filed. The refurbishment will last until December 2017. Here is the look of the new rooms.

View attachment 172365

View attachment 172366
Why would Pop change a bed to a Murphy bed?? What improvement does this create? It seems wasted - before there were 2 beds AND a table 24/7...

Guess we will now have to pay for a moderate. I do not want to lose the table for everyday use and we need room for a twin blowup mattress for DS (he's way too old to share a bed with me or grandma and definitely not with his female cousin).

Guess we will now have to pay for a moderate. I do not want to lose the table for everyday use and we need room for a twin blowup mattress for DS (he's way too old to share a bed with me or grandma and definitely not with his female cousin).

I was thinking the same thing...that because of the "kitchen stand" there doesn't seem to be a good spot for an air mattress anymore. The table thing doesn't bother me as much -- though it probably would have before we started staying in a suite at AoA. When we stayed at Pop we always threw all of our electronics, wallets, pocket contents, etc. on the table every night. When we stay in a suite, there is no permanent table since we need to use that bed every night so now my husband and I keep our stuff on the large dresser in the bedroom and the kids put theirs on the dresser in the living room. We don't even miss not having a table to throw everything on. However, if prior to staying at AoA someone had told me there would no longer be a table in the rooms at Pop Century, I would have been in a panic about where to put our "stuff". So I see where you're coming from. I'll bet you'd have no trouble finding a new place to put everything in the updated rooms at Pop. I'm guessing that night stand by the table bed that has the opening in the front will be a good catchall spot as well as the counter area where the coffee pot is. And I'm guessing the entertainment center/dresser will have a large flat area as well. But that doesn't fix the space problem for the air mattress. :(

I actually prefer carpet.

Me, too. I'm sure my kids would have slipped and fell on those floors numerous times when they were younger. And dripped water on them when returning from the pool. I love the look of the new rooms but my first thought was, "Oh great. Now I have to take my own carpet runners/throw rugs if we ever stay at Pop again." :D

Parking question- We will be guests at Pop Century, and we will not have a car. I have other family members staying at another resort (Non-Disney property) and they would like to meet us at the Pop Century for dinner on our first night (we didn't tell the kids that their Grandma, Aunt, Uncle, and cousins are going to be there the same time as us, and it's a surprise!). They have a car, and will need to park. How does the parking for non guests work? Can they get parking validated if they show a dinner receipt? Thanks for any help.

Theres no valet or paid parking at Pop. They just need to tell the gate that they are visiting you (and might need to supply your room number along with your name)>

They just need to tell the gate that they are visiting you (and might need to supply your room number along with your name)>
Actually,they can just tell the POP Guard they are going in to eat at Everything Pop for Dinner-it is not required to know a POP Guest to do that.:)

No carpet is more sanitary plus it is better for people who have asthma and/or allergies. I'm hoping to have a refurbished room when we go in September. Is there a way to request a refurbished room when I do on line check in?

No carpet is more sanitary plus it is better for people who have asthma and/or allergies. I'm hoping to have a refurbished room when we go in September. Is there a way to request a refurbished room when I do on line check in?

Not during Online Check In. But you can call the Main Reservations Line and add that request to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival.

Are we positive that isn't just brown carpet with a wood grain print or something? I mean, when I saw pictures of Cars suites online I thought they didn't have carpet but they do, it just doesn't look much like carpet in the pictures.

Like the new rooms and like the option to have a room that is not going to be taken up unnecessarily by a bed that isn't being used. I am hazarding a guess that this will be one of multiple room configurations. But I would definately be happy to be able to choose a queen bed/Murphy instead of having two doubles.

We go allot and stay at POP allot. We like POP and I think it is cleaner than AOA. For me it is the best value resort. Good LUck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter