• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just stayed in building one last week and Lady is in front of building one. Building two has a jukebox that is facing the bowling pin pool and building three is facing building one so that Tramp is directly across from Lady. Building one is also right beside the Classic Hall where you will find the food court, transportation and check-in desk.

Thank you! Are buildings 1 & 3 both considered a preferred location (additional fee)?

Thank you! Are buildings 1 & 3 both considered a preferred location (additional fee)?

Those buildings have both standard and preferred rooms.

In Post #2 of this thread, under the heading of "Room Categories & Rates", there is a link to a map that shows where all of the different preferred room locations are.

We purposely booked the handicap room. My 88yo mother is in a wheelchair and has to have the roll-in shower.

Gotcha! I was just wondering because if you purposely requested a handicap accessible room, I can't imagine they would still make you pay the preferred room fee.

Those buildings have both standard and preferred rooms.

In Post #2 of this thread, under the heading of "Room Categories & Rates", there is a link to a map that shows where all of the different preferred room locations are.

Thanks!

Can you hear noise from kids running around above you if you are on the lower floors? I ask because I want to request a room on the top floor, but my littles like to run around hotel rooms and I don't want anyone to complain about US! I don't want a ground floor room because I want to avoid bugs as much as possible.

Can you hear noise from kids running around above you if you are on the lower floors? I ask because I want to request a room on the top floor, but my littles like to run around hotel rooms and I don't want anyone to complain about US! I don't want a ground floor room because I want to avoid bugs as much as possible.

We've stayed in the ground floor several times and I don't recall ever being aware of people above... Sometimes you can hear neighbours and toilets flushing but not upper floors. Never had any bugs either on the ground floor though, we've been lucky! :-)

We too have never heard noise from above. If you prefer an upper floor then enjoy with no worries about your little ones disturbing anyone below.

Is the in-room safe large enough to fit a 15" macbook pro? I'd like to have it, but I don't want to leave it out.

I've seen some posts about the room refurbs at Pop. What building have been done? I saw a coffee maker in the room, is this just in the refurbished rooms, or are they all getting them now? TIA!

I didn't hear anything about a room refurb while I was there; I just had the regular room and there was no coffee back (that would have been so nice, as I'm used to having one in the hotel room when I travel).

Is the in-room safe large enough to fit a 15" macbook pro? I'd like to have it, but I don't want to leave it out.
I fitted my MacBook in the safe last year, it was a 13 inch but I cant remember how much space was there, if the MacBook had been a bit bigger. I think it would fit but not 100% sorry.

im heading to Disney in August for my birthday with my boyfriend. Just a quick weekend trip. We originally was going to stay at CSR however, our funds are just not there this time so we'll be staying at good ol Pop! I'm booking Monday and I'm soooo worried they're going to run out of rooms hahaha I just looked on there and under the standard rooms I noticed now it lists 2 doubles or 1 king...they have King rooms that aren't handicapped? How difficult would it be to score one of them? We were really bummed when we decided to go with pop for the reason that we thought we wouldn't be able to have a king bed. When I book Monday, how should I book to make sure I get a King bed? I'll pay a bit extra for it if I have to....

im heading to Disney in August for my birthday with my boyfriend. Just a quick weekend trip. We originally was going to stay at CSR however, our funds are just not there this time so we'll be staying at good ol Pop! I'm booking Monday and I'm soooo worried they're going to run out of rooms hahaha I just looked on there and under the standard rooms I noticed now it lists 2 doubles or 1 king...they have King rooms that aren't handicapped? How difficult would it be to score one of them? We were really bummed when we decided to go with pop for the reason that we thought we wouldn't be able to have a king bed. When I book Monday, how should I book to make sure I get a King bed? I'll pay a bit extra for it if I have to....

You can request a king bed, but there are no guarantees. You will have to call and add it to your reservation. The king rooms are both accessible and non-accessible. There are only a few in each buildings.

You can request a king bed, but there are no guarantees. You will have to call and add it to your reservation. The king rooms are both accessible and non-accessible. There are only a few in each buildings.
So if I called and requested it, it still wouldn't be guaranteed?

So if I called and requested it, it still wouldn't be guaranteed?
It will not be guaranteed, it is only a request. They will do their best to fulfill your request if at all possible. If you do not want an accessible room, be sure to add that to your request.

I love to soak my tired body in a tub after a long park day. I had requested a king bed for my solo trip in March and got the king bed, but with a roll-in shower. They were kind enough to move me to a standard double room so I could have a tub. It's best to call and give them all of the information they will need so they know exactly what you want. But just remember....it is only a request and there is no guarantee you will get exactly what you request.

We are staying at Pop in a preferred room in August. was curious how the Beds are at the hotel .. are the y newish and comfortable or do they dip in the middle or are hard? any feedback would be very helpful! Thanks!

We are staying at Pop in a preferred room in August. was curious how the Beds are at the hotel .. are the y newish and comfortable or do they dip in the middle or are hard? any feedback would be very helpful! Thanks!

I have never had a bad bed at Pop. They are firmer than most hotels I have stayed in, but I prefer firm mattresses, so that is cool by me!

7 days from right now I will be there!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter