Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea when the refurbishment will begin? I didn't think it was that long ago that the rooms at Pop were redone?

The refurb has been pushed back to some time in January.

This is POP's first COMPLETE(Hard and Soft Goods) refurb-EVERYTHING will be new and different.:)

The refurb has been pushed back to some time in January.

This is POP's first COMPLETE(Hard and Soft Goods) refurb-EVERYTHING will be new and different.:)
its going to be nice when its done i just hope its not to much disruption but in the email i got is said 9 am to 4 pm we are usually at a part during those times

its going to be nice when its done i just hope its not to much disruption but in the email i got is said 9 am to 4 pm we are usually at a part during those times
They will only work on a few rooms at a time-the vast majority of Guests will never know anything is happening.:)

They will only work on a few rooms at a time-the vast majority of Guests will never know anything is happening.:)
If this starts in January, is there any chance of requesting and getting one of the newly refurbed rooms when we get there April 25th?

Here at Pop now first time staying at a value and resort is nice, my favorite resort is CBR, this trip was a Mother and DS21 trip, not sure if DH would be able to stay at Pop there is no coffee maker in room and the bed size is a full size DS misses the hammocks. CM are very friendly, resort is not that big, one bus stop price is less. I would definitely stay here again.

Thinking about doing a quick budget trip here in May of 2018, for me, hubby and one of our daughters. I think the room size would be ok for three of us.

I see that my TA has deals here for May 2017 on standard rooms, so maybe in May 2018 they might as well. Only request would probably be for a ground floor. Any advice on location?

We just stayed in building 6 (room # 6114) and it was a great location,ground floor, close to the food court, buses and the main pool, and very quiet!

Hi everyone!

If someone could please point me to where the Pop refurb room photos are, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
206 & 208:)

image-jpeg.172366

just wondering about that murphy bed shown on page 206, will most of the rooms still have 2 beds? will they be queen size? sorry i have not read through all of the posts, as i have been mia from the boards for a little while.

just wondering about that murphy bed shown on page 206, will most of the rooms still have 2 beds? will they be queen size? sorry i have not read through all of the posts, as i have been mia from the boards for a little while.

I think the Murphy is a full and the regular bed is a queen. I am really hoping I can get one of these rooms next September.

I think the Murphy is a full and the regular bed is a queen. I am really hoping I can get one of these rooms next September.
thanks for the reply. do all of the refurbished rooms have murphy beds or only a few? i would prefer 2 regular beds i think.

thanks for the reply. do all of the refurbished rooms have murphy beds or only a few? i would prefer 2 regular beds i think.

That probably depends on whether they plan to leave any rooms with just full size beds. I just returned from a stay in a two full bed room, and I don't think there would have been room for two queens in that room, unless you placed one up against the wall (which not only makes it difficult for housekeeping but difficult if two people sleep in that bed - I've been in that scenario at the FW Cabins). But with the narrower "nightstands" they show in the photo of the refurbished room and just a full size Murphy, I think you will still be able to (barely) walk around both sides of the beds when they are both down, but will have a lot more space with one up.

I have slept on the Murphy at AoA, and if these are the same type, it was actually more comfortable than the regular bed in that room.

That probably depends on whether they plan to leave any rooms with just full size beds. I just returned from a stay in a two full bed room, and I don't think there would have been room for two queens in that room, unless you placed one up against the wall (which not only makes it difficult for housekeeping but difficult if two people sleep in that bed - I've been in that scenario at the FW Cabins). But with the narrower "nightstands" they show in the photo of the refurbished room and just a full size Murphy, I think you will still be able to (barely) walk around both sides of the beds when they are both down, but will have a lot more space with one up.

I have slept on the Murphy at AoA, and if these are the same type, it was actually more comfortable than the regular bed in that room.
thank you so much for the info. good to know. maybe the murphy is a good idea : )

Just booked a long weekend at the end of June for our 1st visit to POP! We've stayed in the Little Mermaid room at AoA so we're expecting the same type of room. Since we're new to POP what else should we be aware of?

Doug :goofy:

Here at Pop now first time staying at a value and resort is nice, my favorite resort is CBR, this trip was a Mother and DS21 trip, not sure if DH would be able to stay at Pop there is no coffee maker in room and the bed size is a full size DS misses the hammocks. CM are very friendly, resort is not that big, one bus stop price is less. I would definitely stay here again.
Thanks for your review. I admit to being a bit worried, I have a 10 day stay coming up next year, and never stayed at a value (aside for a 1 night stay because if late arrival). I know I'll miss having a hot tub in Dec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter