Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get water at the same area as you get soda and coffee, there are some dispensers just for water / don't need to read a chip for those. We constantly refilled our water bottles at night and stuck them in the fridge. I've not gotten a dining plan, so no refillable mugs ( :( ) but I know I've read in the past they're less convenient at the park (and uh, not refillable there anyway) for strollers/cupholders, as they don't fit so well.
hope that helps! :)

Thanks so much!

My location was perfect - I was on the backside of 60's facing the lake, so very central for Pop and for visiting AoA (booked standard). No issues with transportation and really appreciated the bus boards.

This is our favourite location to stay too!

Is Pop charging for grocery and wheelchair delivery now? We will be having 2 cases of water, 6packs of juice and V8 and a wheelchair delivered wondering how much I will be charged $5 for each item or $5 for the garden grocer and $5 for the wheelchair? Thanks for any thoughts!

Is Pop charging for grocery and wheelchair delivery now? We will be having 2 cases of water, 6packs of juice and V8 and a wheelchair delivered wondering how much I will be charged $5 for each item or $5 for the garden grocer and $5 for the wheelchair? Thanks for any thoughts!

There will be no charge for any of the items you listed.

Is there a place in the food court where we can fill some sports bottles with water?

I don't want to have to spend $16 for a case of water and am trying to figure out how to have water in the room (that's not tap water).

I know we will get refillable mugs, but they don't look very big (and I'm sure my kids will want to fill those with the "good stuff"!)
You could fill the sports bottles with water from
The soda fountain

Would people here say the preferred rooms are worth the little bit of extra cost? My wife and I plan on doing a cheaper stay for our next Disney trip since we went all out for our honeymoon last year. We are young and spry :) so it's not like we wouldn't be able to do a long walk to our room if we had to. However, we are people who are at the parks every day from opening to closing always on our feet. By the end of the night we just want to get to the room as quickly as possible. Are the preferred rooms actually that much closer and worth it?

Definitely worth it for location! After being in the parks all day, you do not want to walk all the way to the 90s rooms. It was awful for us last visit so we are staying preferred this time and we are young and spry.:)

We are going end of February and got an email about refurbishment. Anyone there that can say how that is going and how disruptive it is. Also I requested first floor, because I use a scooter, and close to transportation so I hope I get that. What would be best building?

We are going end of February and got an email about refurbishment. Anyone there that can say how that is going and how disruptive it is. Also I requested first floor, because I use a scooter, and close to transportation so I hope I get that. What would be best building?

The refurbishments have not started yet so I don't believe it's possible to know where they are going to start. When you check in if you're in an area close to the renovations, hopefully you would be able to request a different location if you wished.

Would people here say the preferred rooms are worth the little bit of extra cost? My wife and I plan on doing a cheaper stay for our next Disney trip since we went all out for our honeymoon last year. We are young and spry :) so it's not like we wouldn't be able to do a long walk to our room if we had to. However, we are people who are at the parks every day from opening to closing always on our feet. By the end of the night we just want to get to the room as quickly as possible. Are the preferred rooms actually that much closer and worth it?

Building #5, 60's STANDARD room, LAKE facing. Wonderful view, and very quick walk to everything!
Just left, were in 5234 and it was great! Last year stayed in 5118 and that was wonderful.
Love the lake view at Standard price!

Is there a place in the food court where we can fill some sports bottles with water?

I don't want to have to spend $16 for a case of water and am trying to figure out how to have water in the room (that's not tap water).

I know we will get refillable mugs, but they don't look very big (and I'm sure my kids will want to fill those with the "good stuff"!)

YUP! It is on the soda machines, usually on the Lemonade one, there is a leaver you press for just water.

Our perfect location is 70s building, lake view. But, alas, we won't be getting that this trip. We got a preferred pool room to be eligible for the QS summer meal plan. A little noisier, but we will survive ;)

Do the fridges in the room have a freezer section? I'm thinking "no" but I can't remember. I was hoping to freeze a couple bottles of water to take the parks for the day. This is our first summer trip and just thinking of ways to keep cool.

Our perfect location is 70s building, lake view. But, alas, we won't be getting that this trip. We got a preferred pool room to be eligible for the QS summer meal plan. A little noisier, but we will survive ;)

Do the fridges in the room have a freezer section? I'm thinking "no" but I can't remember. I was hoping to freeze a couple bottles of water to take the parks for the day. This is our first summer trip and just thinking of ways to keep cool.
No freezer in the fridges from what I've read previously. I suspect maintenance on those is more costly.

You can set it rather cold though we ended up with a frozen water bottle and one with an ice core our last time as Pop and realized someone had set the temp really cold on the fridge.

I agree. I had issues with water and soda freezing after a couple days in the fridge. I had to keep rotating my soda and water bottles in and out of the fridge so they didn't freeze solid. I would put room temp ones in before I went to bed for whatever I thought I would drink in the morning, then put new in before I left the room for the day to be cold when I came back. Normally I would just fill up the fridge with beverages and replace as used, but this one really chilled the drinks!

I haven't done this myself but I have heard that the temperature of the fridge can be adjusted on the back of the fridge by pulling it out of the cabinet. You may wish to try this if your fridge it too cold or not cold enough.

I haven't done this myself but I have heard that the temperature of the fridge can be adjusted on the back of the fridge by pulling it out of the cabinet. You may wish to try this if your fridge it too cold or not cold enough.
One good thing about the All-Star fridges is the temp control is insdie the fridge and easy to adjust.:)

We just got back from a 3-hotel split stay (4 nights at All-Star Music, 2 nights at Sapphire Falls @ Universal, 1 night at Pop Century), and now that we've stayed at Pop Century, we will probably never stay at ASMu again. We've stayed at ASMu twice now, Rock Inn last time and Broadway this time, and even though my sisters and I are all young and able-bodied, the walk from Melody Hall to our room has only ever been awful, especially after a full day at the parks. I've heard ASMu is the most spread out of the All-Stars, but neither of the other two All-Stars appeals to us (we aren't sports fans and we'd rather not be last on the bus route).

We were in the '70s/building 6 at Pop Century (room 6219), and we couldn't believe how close our room was to Classic Hall. On our initial walk to the room, we actually stopped to double check the map (even though we were standing right in front of the building) because a non-preferred room that close to the buses just didn't seem possible. We also thought the decor inside the room was less obnoxious than the All-Stars, the food court always seemed to be less busy than ASMu's, and we liked being able to walk over to AoA so easily. Our stay was only for one night, but we had some serious regrets about not staying at Pop for the first part of our trip too!

Anyone have a screen shot of the check in room request screen?

When we stayed there last May we were in the 90's building. It looks far off, but if you cut through the parking lot, you are right at the shuttle pick up, and can head right in through the lobby to get to the food court for breakfast.
Then before we head out to the park, we would fill up out water bottles with ice from the machine. I would wrap up two of them and keep in my back back to slow down the melting. We probably didn't need to fill them back up till early afternoon.

So looking forward to our trip at the end of March!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter