Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
**************.net does a good job keeping the online request choices up to date. In this post (http://**************.net/2013/05/29/review-disneys-pop-century-resort-2/) he has this screen shot:

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Disneys-Pop-Century-Resort-Online-Check-in-from-**************.net_.jpg

Anyone know if it's possible to (or how to) request a room near a designated smoking area? I didn't see that on that drop-down menu.

**************.net does a good job keeping the online request choices up to date. In this post (http://**************.net/2013/05/29/review-disneys-pop-century-resort-2/) he has this screen shot:

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Disneys-Pop-Century-Resort-Online-Check-in-from-**************.net_.jpg
Interesting-first time I've see Connecting Rooms GUARANTEED.

Is there anyone who has stayed at Pop since the package delivery fee was introduced in the fall? If so, were you charged for packages delivered to Pop?

That showed up several months ago -- some time in summer I think. I don't think anyone was able to confirm that "guaranteed" really meant guaranteed.

That showed up several months ago -- some time in summer I think. I don't think anyone was able to confirm that "guaranteed" really meant guaranteed.

Well I stayed at POP in December and here now and that did NOT show up for my online check-ins.

I think I remember some time ago that those had showed up as some kind of test but didn't stay around.

I remember all the talk about the "guaranteed" connecting rooms in the new online check in options - agreed, I think it was last summer. It was NOT an option when I did my online checking in early December. Neither was "courtyard view," which was the one option I really wanted, and I had read here was also in the expanded options from last summer.

When I did my online checkin in Dec, I swear they had gone back to the old choices (before the summer change/expansion).

Help! I noticed that someone had mentioned that the cheerleading championships are the week I'm planning on being at POP, I confirmed with ESPN WWofSports website there are in fact 2 championships that week. I know that they will be staying at All Star Sports, what do you think the likelihood is they are also at Pop? I would just like to avoid the swarms of a large group like that at the resort.

Well I stayed at POP in December and here now and that did NOT show up for my online check-ins.

I think I remember some time ago that those had showed up as some kind of test but didn't stay around.

My room request images are indeed out of date. I have delayed updating them as I've been hoping a new set would come out that were both possible and extensive, rather than the current set which is possible but VERY thin, or the summer set which was very detailed but included impossible options and irrelevancies.

But enough time has gone by that I guess I have to bite the bullet--it's a minor pain as I have to book each room, take screenshots of the drop down, then cancel the room...then do it again for the next resort/room type...

Help! I noticed that someone had mentioned that the cheerleading championships are the week I'm planning on being at POP, I confirmed with ESPN WWofSports website there are in fact 2 championships that week. I know that they will be staying at All Star Sports, what do you think the likelihood is they are also at Pop? I would just like to avoid the swarms of a large group like that at the resort.

Last year we ended up staying at POP during Pop Warner week, only because it was a last minute trip and we had no other choice. I was super concerned but it turned out to be just fine. The only time we saw those kids was in the morning heading to breakfast in the food court. Aside from that, you would not have known they were there. The resort is so big that I would not worry about the cheerleaders at all. They will be busy competing anyway. The last two years in a row I've been staying at POP with cheerleaders in March and you are very aware of their presence because you see them all decked out in their uniforms but that's about all. The girls I have seen appeared to be well supervised.

Is there anyone who has stayed at Pop since the package delivery fee was introduced in the fall? If so, were you charged for packages delivered to Pop?

I was there Jan 5 -9 and I was charged for the packages I had shipped - though I have seen others in another thread who were there at the same time who were not. It would seem it is still inconsistent.

I was there Jan 5 -9 and I was charged for the packages I had shipped - though I have seen others in another thread who were there at the same time who were not. It would seem it is still inconsistent.

Thanks so much for this information! It will make a difference how many packages I have shipped and I'll also look for the 'combine' packages option when ordering.

If the bed is too hard (My last stay was December at the Grand and now I'm SUPER SPOILED for soft, comfy, fluffy, melty mattresses) can I request like a "pillow topper" or something for the beds?

If the bed is too hard (My last stay was December at the Grand and now I'm SUPER SPOILED for soft, comfy, fluffy, melty mattresses) can I request like a "pillow topper" or something for the beds?

I don't think they have pillow toppers, though I've never actually asked. I find the bed in the master bedroom at AoA to be extremely uncomfortable (even when we stayed there 6 months after the resort opened and the mattress was very new). It feels like I'm sleeping on a concrete mattress and I actually feel bruised from it; however, my husband loves the mattress there. Anyway, I just request an extra blanket and sheet from mousekeeping. I fold the blanket in thirds and wrap it in a sheet and put it on my half of the bed. That seems to do the trick for me. Mousekeeping even quickly figured out what I was doing and kept my "pillow topper" in the bed when they would make up the beds every day. One time they even undid the bottom sheet and put the "pillow topper" under the bottom sheet for me (on their own -- I didn't ask them to).

Pizza from the food Court. Just wondering how big the "Family size" pizza is? Thinking our pool day pizza would be a good option if it's 8 slices.

Pizza from the food Court. Just wondering how big the "Family size" pizza is? Thinking our pool day pizza would be a good option if it's 8 slices.
The pizza is pretty good and there are a lot of topping options. My DD and I got the family size pizza one night to take back to our room for dinner. We had some of the left overs for lunch the next day at the pool and there was still a little left over. It's a great value for dollar at approx. $18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter