Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't have alarm clocks unless the previous guest left it and mousekeeping don't take it out. Unfortunately they removed them last year. I missed the alarm clock in September but didn't feel like going to the front desk to get one. I like having an alarm clock but my DH prefers to use his phone.

We were just there and we DID have an alarm clock.

Done :)

Lol! Anything for the Dis!

We were just there. Came home yesterday. Tried to spy on the renovations. Everything is barricaded off, so you cant get close (which makes sense). I saw guys carrying white cubes (maybe nightstands?), and they may have been painting (smelled like it). Sorry, nothing exciting to report. Everything was consistent with what others have already reported.

Re: room condition. Our room was fine! We were in the 60s bldg, a preferred room. 4th floor. Room 4436. We were the last room on the row. We had a view of trees. If you went left around the corner the view was the lake and Arts of Animation resort. It was a super quiet location. Never heard a thing from our neighbors, or people walking by (I am not sure why anyone would walk by since we were at the end of the row of rooms). The room was clean, everything worked. It is worn, but not horrible. Housekeeping did a great job each day. No complaints.

Best standard room area to request at check in? We will have a car so closeness to buses is not critical, but to everything pop and hippidy pool is important.

I've never seen Murphy Beds at POP. At Art of Animation, I believe they have them.

People are asking because some test room renovation photos had a murphy bed. I don't believe it's been confirmed if all renovated rooms will have murphy beds.

Apologises if this is a repeated question. This will be my first time in Orlando and we've booked at Pop so I was just wondering what the best decade to stay in was? We're two adults, that aren't bothered about a pool and we don't have a car so we'll be using Disney transport. So any advice would be welcomed!

Booked at POP, preferred, upgraded FD, switched our res from POR, 9/10-9/16. I'm thinking of requesting 70's, building 10. Any idea/speculation if refurb will be finished in that section by September?

Apologises if this is a repeated question. This will be my first time in Orlando and we've booked at Pop so I was just wondering what the best decade to stay in was? We're two adults, that aren't bothered about a pool and we don't have a car so we'll be using Disney transport. So any advice would be welcomed!

We just returned from our Pop stay. We both liked the resort. Although we were gone from morning till night ever day, and didnt use any of the resort amenities, we enjoyed our room location. It was super quiet! We stayed in the 60s era, building 4, top floor. On the opposite side from the pool. Short walk to the food court, store, lobby and buses. Maybe a 4 minute walk? We were in room 4436 and it was nice! Everything worked, it was clean, our mousekeeper was sweet - left us thank you notes for the tips we left her. Our room was the very last room of the row, which meant we only had one real neighbor. If we walked left around the corner there was a nice view of the lake, and the Art of Animation resort. I would recommend this location. It was nice and quiet.

We just returned from our Pop stay. We both liked the resort. Although we were gone from morning till night ever day, and didnt use any of the resort amenities, we enjoyed our room location. It was super quiet! We stayed in the 60s era, building 4, top floor. On the opposite side from the pool. Short walk to the food court, store, lobby and buses. Maybe a 4 minute walk? We were in room 4436 and it was nice! Everything worked, it was clean, our mousekeeper was sweet - left us thank you notes for the tips we left her. Our room was the very last room of the row, which meant we only had one real neighbor. If we walked left around the corner there was a nice view of the lake, and the Art of Animation resort. I would recommend this location. It was nice and quiet.

Thanks for the reply. I thought that the 60's would be busier/noisier because it's near the main pool so it's good to hear from someone that has stayed there. I keep getting excited about it but I have to wait until September!

Uber is a great service! The only problem is when they charge "surge" pricing. In essence, when demand is high, their rates go up so the $10 you may have paid to go somewhere could cost you up to twice as much or more to come back. Uber says it's to entice more drivers to hit the road and pick up the influx of opinion but I think it's a bit on the price gouging side personally. The good thing is that when you open the app, it will tell you before you book the trip. You can also set a notification to have the app alert you when the price goes down some. It's a chance to go back in a place and have another drink while you wait!

I've never used Uber at WDW but I plan on it this trip. I would think they use surge pricing when parks close but it could be a life saver either way going between POP and intended destinations. I'm sure someone else could let you know if they do but I just wanted to let you know that was a thing if you didn't.
My wife and I have used Uber several times from several different resorts within WDW. Its always been less expensive that a taxi. Never run into surge pricing because most of the time we're using it in the morning. The only time we didn't was going from "The Poly" back to AoA after an evening at Trader Sams.............but have never had more than an $8 ride.

Doug :goofy:

Do you think all rooms will have the Murphy Bed???

Won't know until done cause they could change plans but when I was there in April, they were working on first building. I approached two men who were clearly project manager/supervisor types. I asked specifically if ALL rooms would have a murphy or would some have two beds. He said that the plans he has is that all rooms other than the HA will be a bed and murphy bed. He wasn't sure how much different the HA rooms would be but they will be there. Given that many HA are King beds, it could be they would continue to only be a king.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter