Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard somewhere else the gift card for maid service might be back. Anybody there can you confirm or deny that?

Can confirm that it is back!

Wasn't available when I checked in a few days ago, but stopped by the front desk earlier (as I am checking out and checking in again tomorrow - two separate reservations at Pop) and asked about this and it is back! But now at $10/day instead. Still, very happy about this, and I now have a gift card for opting out of housekeeping!

Was also given a sheet of paper that says
- If staying for 4 nights or more, will get a trash and towel service on day 3
- If staying 6 nights or more, will get a full service cleaning on day 5

Wasn't available when I checked in a few days ago, but stopped by the front desk earlier (as I am checking out and checking in again tomorrow - two separate reservations at Pop) and asked about this and it is back! But now at $10/day instead. Still, very happy about this, and I now have a gift card for opting out of housekeeping!

Yay! I'm so happy it's back. We don't use housekeeping anyway. I don't like people in our room. Now I'll get 80 bucks towards food and wine! Now it just needs to stay for the next two and a half weeks lol

Yay! I'm so happy it's back. We don't use housekeeping anyway. I don't like people in our room. Now I'll get 80 bucks towards food and wine! Now it just needs to stay for the next two and a half weeks lol
I'm guessing now that it's back it's more formal and no longer in test mode.

Excited for its return as we arrive Friday! I also really like that it in including 1 full cleaning as our trip is 1 night room-only followed by a 9 night FD stay.

These bonus funds will cover a good portion of our dining tips!!

Thanks for the update @sky13!! Just a quick question. Are the funds given on a physical gift card or added to our account? It's easier for myself if they're added to our account, especially since balances are now available on the MDE app.

This is great news. I had already talked the boys into putting up the do not disturb sign. Awesome. So now thats 120 towards our Ohana meal.

Thanks for the update @sky13!! Just a quick question. Are the funds given on a physical gift card or added to our account? It's easier for myself if they're added to our account, especially since balances are now available on the MDE app.

No problem!

It's given as an electronic gift card - they took down my email and then emailed me a gift card. Apparently you need to present the email when buying stuff. The CM told me I could use it to pay off part of my room charges, so that is what I will be doing (so will drop by the front desk at some point before midnight before check out day to do this).

I hope it works better than it did on my stay. I will be back in eight weeks and I want the room serviced every day. I do not want the issues I had on my last visit to happen again.
I really do hope they have worked out the problem you experienced. Especially concerning that it was not an isolated incident. It happened to someone else on here (and who know ms how many other people who aren't on this board) as well. It tells me there is a glitch in their housekeeping opt-out. I'm not really a fan of offering a gift card as incentive for no housekeeping (yes, there are those who will be responsible and take out their trash), but there is really a problem when people who didn't choose to opt-out are not receiving the included housekeeping. Guests who want housekeeping as usual should not have to track it down.

I have a question I hope someone can answer in here, not sure if this is where to ask it or not. We are having a family reunion this February. We are all staying at POP, already have our rooms and tickets...but the MB's are coming to me, as I booked the room. Will they be able to get into their room without the MB's? They may arrive before me, not sure yet, we haven't booked plane tickets and....what about Magical Express, if they don't have their bands?

I have a question I hope someone can answer in here, not sure if this is where to ask it or not. We are having a family reunion this February. We are all staying at POP, already have our rooms and tickets...but the MB's are coming to me, as I booked the room. Will they be able to get into their room without the MB's? They may arrive before me, not sure yet, we haven't booked plane tickets and....what about Magical Express, if they don't have their bands?

I might call Disney and see if they can send them to each family. Or, they will arrive about 4 weeks in advance, you would have enough time to send them to each family.

You do scan your magic band for magical express and for your room, but they can look you up for magical express and they can give you generic gray magic bands at the check-in desk.

I'm about to cancel a discounted package reservation at Pop Century for:

Special Offer: Holiday Magic Package
Check In: Friday, November 3, 2017
Check Out: Sunday, November 12, 2017
Room Type: Standard Room

Our nieces were supposed to join us for one week of our trip but they won't be able to. I know they don't go immediately back into the system but maybe it will show availability soon.

When doing the online check in , is there a box you check off if you don't want housekeeping . Or if you want housekeeping.
Or do they ask you at the resort(Pop Century).
TIA

I checked today, and they have all of what I said earlier, plus Kelloggs cereal bars and dry cereal. The fruit is whole fruit and fresh cut fruit, as well. They have Green yogurt and also strawberry and blueberry yogurt parfaits.

The all ears menu for Pop indicates snack credit items.

That sucks, I checked in on the 27th and out yesterday!! Asked at check-in, but didn't check again later in the trip :-(

Me, too. I brought baby wipes and was constantly using them to wipe up the floor, but the way I see it is it would be there with carpet, you just wouldn't see it and feel it. I'd rather see if and be able to clean it up and know it's really clean. That's just me, though!

Floors were constantly dirty!! The textiles are gorgeous, but not practical I don't think. The Murphy bed was AWESOME!

When doing the online check in , is there a box you check off if you don't want housekeeping . Or if you want housekeeping.
Or do they ask you at the resort(Pop Century).
TIA

They ask you when you arrive at Pop. Either at the Front Desk or via a message on your room phone.

Just checked in and got the opt out for mousekeeping. $10 per night minus 1 night. If you stay more than six nights you get a full cleaning on day 5. You can call mousekeeping for any other needs in between. You will get an electronic giftcard sent to your email.

Just checked in and got the opt out for mousekeeping. $10 per night minus 1 night. If you stay more than six nights you get a full cleaning on day 5. You can call mousekeeping for any other needs in between. You will get an electronic giftcard sent to your email.
Glad to know you can call mousekeeping if you need anything. I can't imagine us needing/wanting a full clean every night, but will likely need extra toiletries and a couple towels. It seems like this shouldn't be a problem. I also wonder if we would be able to just stop by a mousekeeper at her cart if we see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter