Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have just decided to fly instead of drive for our September trip (found a really good deal on Southwest), so changed our packing plans. Anyone know if there is a website out there with a list of grocery items and prices from Everything Pop? We were able to find one last year for AK Lodge but can’t remember where. Thanks

Just had to look up when the final is and we won’t be there then. I didn’t even think of this.
If Brazil and/or Argentina play in the Quarters or Semis The 15s will be pretty "amped up" as well.lol:)

And if Brazil and Argentina play EACH OTHER at any point,The 15s will go MEGA BALLISTIC!lol:)

Do the tour groups typically stay at the mods, or is just the values?
It is possible to find The 15s at all of the Values(except AoA-I've never seen them there presumably because most rooms there are Suites) and all of the Mods(with POFQ being the least likely).:)

We fly in the day before the final and will be proudly wearing our Germany jerseys since THEY will be the winners :cool2:
Germany is definitely a favorite!

And they are part of World Showcase!:)

I was talking with some of the Germany CMs in April and they were "tempering" their expectations because they said it is so hard to win the World Cup "back to back".

It was so funny at WDW during the last World Cup.

After Germany beat Brazil 7-1,the ATGs would hold up 7 fingers and yell "Siete" at the BTGs!lol:)

Germany is definitely a favorite!

And they are part of World Showcase!:)

I was talking with some of the Germany CMs in April and they were "tempering" their expectations because they said it is so hard to win the World Cup "back to back".

It was so funny at WDW during the last World Cup.

After Germany beat Brazil 7-1,the ATGs would hold up 7 fingers and yell "Siete" at the BTGs!lol:)

My DS15 already made the joke about adding a 7-1 sign to his Germany shirt :rotfl2:
I told him that might not earn him any points with either group of 15s since both Brazil and Argentina will be mad! (For the non soccer folks, Germany defeated Argentina in the World Cup Final last time).

My DS15 already made the joke about adding a 7-1 sign to his Germany shirt :rotfl2:
I told him that might not earn him any points with either group of 15s since both Brazil and Argentina will be mad! (For the non soccer folks, Germany defeated Argentina in the World Cup Final last time).
If he wears a Germany shirt he can forget about earning points with either group of 15s PERIOD!lol:)

He may as well go ahead and write 7-1 AND 1-0 on it!lol:)

The 7-1 beatdown still affects the "psyche" of Brazilians and,with this possibly being Messi's last World Cup,if Argentina doesn't win this year,the "hatred" of Germany for "taking" the World Cup from Messi in 2014 will only increase.

If Brazil and/or Argentina play in the Quarters or Semis The 15s will be pretty "amped up" as well.lol:)

And if Brazil and Argentina play EACH OTHER at any point,The 15s will go MEGA BALLISTIC!lol:)

it's Saturday the 15th that all the hullabaloo may happen? We are not into any kind of sports so just wanted to check..we will be staying at POP at that time. Murphy's law says we will be between two 15s group and they win...

What grocery delivery services has everyone used at POP? We have used Garden Grocer in the past and been VERY happy - however, their prices seem quite high. We use it to order fresh fruit, breakfast and snack foods. I am a little nervous to try something else with the fresh fruit.
I have my order placed with Safeway for next week. Several people recently had no problems with them delivering at Pop!

it's Saturday the 15th that all the hullabaloo may happen? We are not into any kind of sports so just wanted to check..we will be staying at POP at that time. Murphy's law says we will be between two 15s group and they win...

The final match is on at 11am eastern on July 15. It is theoretically possible for Argentina to meet Brazil in that match, but highly unlikely (Brazil isn’t a powerhouse like it once was). But there definitely could be some Germany v Argentina animosity as they could meet in the knockout rounds. Tournament kicks off this weekend so tons of soccer to be played by then (and both Brazil & Argentina could be out by then). But I’m sure WEDWDW and I can keep the thread updated if needed ;)

The final match is on at 11am eastern on July 15. It is theoretically possible for Argentina to meet Brazil in that match, but highly unlikely (Brazil isn’t a powerhouse like it once was). But there definitely could be some Germany v Argentina animosity as they could meet in the knockout rounds. Tournament kicks off this weekend so tons of soccer to be played by then (and both Brazil & Argentina could be out by then). But I’m sure WEDWDW and I can keep the thread updated if needed ;)

That's our arrival day. In fact we may be arriving at Pop during the game!

I have my order placed with Safeway for next week. Several people recently had no problems with them delivering at Pop!
I have looked at safeway, saves me about 30% which is money I can use on other things at Diseny ;)
I will be excited to hear if you were happy with it - enjoy your trip!

I have looked at safeway, saves me about 30% which is money I can use on other things at Diseny ;)
I will be excited to hear if you were happy with it - enjoy your trip!

We always use them when we travel. Last Spring they did a sort of difficult delivery to a hotel in DC without batting an eyelash!

From what I remember, 2016 was the last time it was in print. It was part of the dining plan PDF (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m...alog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2016Dining.pdf). In 2017, they condensed the PDF to only list the participating restaurants and removed the dining plan details.
Thanks although it sounds like I'll prepare for Pop to be a 'no' when requesting a dessert in place of a beverage. Besides, now that things like smoothies and milkshakes are included in the beverages, there are many more 'dessert like' options. :)

Hoping for next May for going to Pop Century again. Will be second time visiting and enjoyed my stay last time (bout 8 years ago). Not a big deal just curious, does anyone know if any tour groups/competitions will be there in May? Just curious about how busy we can expect it to be.
Not sure about tour groups/competitions in May but I would prepare for Pop to be busy ALL the time now that it has been renovated. I've tried adding a night to our potential Nov trip and then one again in Dec and even finding a 1 night room only reservation has been difficult or impossible. Pop is the hot Disney resort right now when it comes to the values. In my opinion, I can't wait for them to complete the renovations at the All Stars to relieve some of the desire for Pop!

Weird question - does anyone know if the food court still has a kids meal chicken nugget option? It's not showing on the menu on My Disney Experience anymore, and that is my go to :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter