Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were before AoA a couple weeks ago (only 2 resorts on the bus). We were the last stop on the way back.

So, it clearly varies based on time of day and reservations booked.

Need Advice
I have two packages reserved. The first is from September 21-26 and the second is from October 11-16.
The September package includes free dining and park hoppers.
The October package is paid dining and base tickets.
The difference in price is around $100.00
I have to make a choice. What would you choose the September package or the October package?
Crowd wise which is the best package?
Thanks in advance for your help.

We had plans for September but switched them to October for several reasons. First, October weather is cooler than September weather. September is still super hot, humid, and rainy in central Florida. Next, more than twice as many hurricanes make landfall in Florida during September than during October, (weather.com). We would rather face larger crowds than risk bad weather. Also, we love the Halloween theme at the MK during that season, and October just seems to be more Halloween-ish to us than September, if that makes sense.

We had plans for September but switched them to October for several reasons. First, October weather is cooler than September weather. September is still super hot, humid, and rainy in central Florida. Next, more than twice as many hurricanes make landfall in Florida during September than during October, (weather.com). We would rather face larger crowds than risk bad weather. Also, we love the Halloween theme at the MK during that season, and October just seems to be more Halloween-ish to us than September, if that makes sense.
We went with October for a lot of the same reasons you did. My birthday is November 1 so I thought it would be more fun to do MNSSHP closer to that, but we also were a little nervous about weather for September.

One thing I think everyone should note, and likely knows, weather is crazy all year at Disney - I went in October 5 years ago and it was 90 and brutal entire trip, have gone 3 times in December not one trip matched any of the others, one was HOT the other I bought a Hat and Gloves it was 44 at night - I am going this September - only month I have never been and based on crowds, pricing, and my own schedule it was the best for this years fall trip - My bday is October and I avoid going around it - I got unlucky with crowds AND weather an entire week - it's a crap shoot 80% of the time now a days

Arrived at Pop by 8:45 yesterday morning, my room was ready. I had not made any requests because of the early arrival. They screwed up luggage delivery though, put someone else’s luggage in my room. The bags had the same last name as me. I Stopped by luggage services to tell them, but I wonder if they would have figured it out if I hadn’t gone back to my room For a break? Someone was probably waiting for those bags.

Arrived at Pop by 8:45 yesterday morning, my room was ready. I had not made any requests because of the early arrival. They screwed up luggage delivery though, put someone else’s luggage in my room. The bags had the same last name as me. I Stopped by luggage services to tell them, but I wonder if they would have figured it out if I hadn’t gone back to my room For a break? Someone was probably waiting for those bags.

That happened to us at AKL once. We had our bags plus someone else’s. We weren’t in our room until after 10pm to find out. I always wondered how panicked those poor folks were about their bags :(

I declined housekeeping and brought a swifter with both wet and dry pads for it. The floor appeared clean to the eye on checkin. We removed shoes in the doorway but still occasionally swept the floor. When I used the wet mop after a few days it was black! I swept every few days as needed and wet mopped it around every 4-5 days. I know that floor was cleaner on checkout than checkin. It took no time at all to do that. I did it when I was waiting on my daughter to get ready. Just the main walkway and bathroom floors. I took Clorox wipes to wipe counters and sink, etc every day or two. I changed sheets after day 5. We had one room 5 nights and another for 10. I spent very little time keeping our room clean and got $130 in e-gift cards. I didn’t have to worry about housekeeping messing with my stuff and only saw security checks twice with almost daily afternoon naps.
If we drove, rather than flew, I would definitely bring the swiffer, and keep the giftcard! Can't pack a swiffer on a cross country flight hahahaha! Our floors were filthy when we checked in!

Thanks! I didn't realize that was an option.
Also, I usually pull off the sheets off the bed and write a note of the things we need lots of (towels, coffee, clean sheets, garbage bags, etc.. along with a nice tip), and we always get everything we ask for. If you don't pull the sheets off, they probably won't get changed.

That happened to us at AKL once. We had our bags plus someone else’s. We weren’t in our room until after 10pm to find out. I always wondered how panicked those poor folks were about their bags :(

This happened to us at AKL in March. The other guests had the same last name, and its not a super common last name so I see how it could happen

Also, I usually pull off the sheets off the bed and write a note of the things we need lots of (towels, coffee, clean sheets, garbage bags, etc.. along with a nice tip), and we always get everything we ask for. If you don't pull the sheets off, they probably won't get changed.
Thus works well if you have mousekeroing but I believe the guests are foregoing miusekeeping for a gift card.

Have you done the above when only security check we’re goingvtgrough your room? I believe we need to call and request extra sheets, towels, coffee supplies if not using mousekeeoing.

My experience with 10+ trips from MCO to Pop has always been MCO > Art of Animation > Pop.

Stop at AoA is normally 5 mins or less. Just enough time for luggage to be pulled and people to get off the bus.

Pop was the first stop on our trip from the airport this April. I don't remember our earlier trips, I just know this time I was thrilled to arrive so fast.

We flew. Just unscrewed the handle parts and put it in our suitcase. It is actually very small.
We usually stay for two weeks and I was thinking how I would bring a swiffer down. Thanks for the info about unscrewing the handle...it helps me a lot!

Very pleased with our first visit to POP July 17-24th. We arrived in Orlando at 1 PM and received a text that our room was ready as we were finding our way to ME pickup area at the airport. We requested connecting rooms on a high floor and request was granted. Rooms 4468/4469 which is 4th floor preferred, building #10. VERY close to transportation and Classic Hall. Our room had a shower; DGD's room had shower/tub. Room was very clean...including the floors. We did not opt out of Mousekeeping but only requested cleaning 3 times during our week stay. The first 4 days of the trip we received security check every day; none during the last 3. There were numerous soccer teams staying at the resort until Sunday which may explain the 4 straight security checks at the beginning of the week. We arrived at the resort around 2:30; I did online check in so we went directly to our rooms and deposited our carry on luggage before going to food court for a quick lunch. Our favorite meal was the turkey, mashed potatoes and vegetables; DD and DGD loved the Potato Soup and we enjoyed the Bounty Platter or Omelets for breakfast. We had friends staying at AoA and they walked over to POP twice to enjoy the turkey dinner. :goodvibes All very good; no complaints. Food court was never crowded during the day which was surprising with all the soccer teams staying there but was very busy each night we returned from the parks. Bus service from the resort was very good; not as happy with pickups from the parks though. Seems as if the bus stops for the value resorts have the longest walks from the park entrances. :headache: Resort was well kept, clean, very helpful CM's and rooms very quiet. We never heard any outside noise including doors closing or toilets flushing during the night. We had rain almost every day of our visit and there were a few spots with standing water after heavy rains. I had requested a surprise birthday cake for DGD's to arrive at 5 PM; it was delivered at 5 to 5, about 10 minutes after our luggage arrived. Our favorite resort is WL but will stay at the POP again when budget is tight. Very enjoyable week there.

i-KPdj4Dh-M.jpg
i-MxkMmDK-M.jpg
i-Rvzc9Tx-M.jpg
i-VXK9gpj-M.jpg
i-VFqTqqQ-M.jpg
i-RmJHHFF-M.jpg
i-pGfdg4C-M.jpg
i-nrWX4F7-S.jpg
i-rdTGHqr-S.jpg
i-zKGt4Qj-S.jpg
i-Zrw4G8p-S.jpg
i-xChdTFV-S.jpg
:tink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter