Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the refrigerators have a lot of space?

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

al6ypv7dkvyue27u.png
They are not huge but with creativity they can hold a lot. My 9yo packed ours last night and it’s currently holding:
- 1 Fallon milk
- 12 yougurt drinks
- 5 bottles if water
- 1.6 qrt orange juice

She’s a master packer I’m finding out!!

Do the classes get full? Like when they were offered at DHS? We used to love doing them there and would enjoy trying the AoA class. Wondering if we need to be there 30 minutes in advance or what. Thanks for your help.
No. You don’t need to get there early. There are some seats to sit on. Many people choose to sit on the floor. I prefer the floor over the seats myself.

Faxed in my room request this morning. A week from tomorrow Ill be home!:cool1:

For those there now, or if you just left, hows the weather? Think I am finally motivated enough to start packing.

They are not huge but with creativity they can hold a lot. My 9yo packed ours last night and it’s currently holding:
- 1 Fallon milk
- 12 yougurt drinks
- 5 bottles if water
- 1.6 qrt orange juice

She’s a master packer I’m finding out!!

I hope you guys are having an amazing time! I heard you surprised your daughter :)
Thank for the quick reply too;)

I brought a measuring tape with me this trip so if there is anything you’d like measured we’re here until Thurs AM.

Off to Typhoon Lagoon!

Would an air mattress fit between the 2 beds? I don’t want to block the doorway with one. Inflated size 76 x 38 x 20. My teen girls don’t want to share a queen size bed and I don’t want to pay for 2 rooms
Thanks so so much!

Would an air mattress fit between the 2 beds? I don’t want to block the doorway with one. Inflated size 76 x 38 x 20. My teen girls don’t want to share a queen size bed and I don’t want to pay for 2 rooms
Thanks so so much!
There is barely room to walk between the two beds. There are lots of pillows; would they sleep in the same bed with a row of pillows between them? If they don’t want to share a bed, you could leave the Murphy up and use two twin air mattresses, though that seems like a waste of a bed.

Edit: I’m not sure there would be room for two around the table if the bed was up. I think your choices are blocking the door, getting them to accept one bed, or two rooms. Maybe it could go into the bathroom area, but that seems worse than blocking the door.

We just booked the bounce back for POP next summer! How are the new rooms? I read through the first and last few pages, but 600+ is a lot! The pictures online look nice.

Faxed in my room request this morning. A week from tomorrow Ill be home!:cool1:

For those there now, or if you just left, hows the weather? Think I am finally motivated enough to start packing.
We were just there & mornings started in the 80’s and were in the 90’s midday with a “real feel” according to Accuweather of 100-102!
I packed sweatshirts thinking we would need them for the air conditioning but never used them!
Space better used for many changes of T-shirt’s & shorts

Question on staff ID. When housekeeping or security comes for the room check, do they present picture ID?

I am traveling alone and this policy seems like an easy way for an evil stranger to gain access to the room. I guess it might be safer to wait until they use their master key. Trying not to be overly paranoid but as others have said, this is kind of creepy.

I brought a measuring tape with me this trip so if there is anything you’d like measured we’re here until Thurs AM.

Off to Typhoon Lagoon!

I would love to know the distance (in inches) from the foot of the Murphy bed to whatever is along the wall opposite it, AND from the foot of the other bed to whatever is along the wall. I'm considering sleeping mats that come in two sizes for width and wondering if I can get the wider one or if I'll have to go with the narrower one. Thank you!

Is there any sign of the Halloween refillable mugs yet? We arrive in a little over a week and I'm reeeally hoping to get those.

Is there any sign of the Halloween refillable mugs yet? We arrive in a little over a week and I'm reeeally hoping to get those.

I saw on another page they wont be available until mid-September. I usually get accurate info from it but maybe someone who is there now can ask for you.

Question on staff ID. When housekeeping or security comes for the room check, do they present picture ID?

I am traveling alone and this policy seems like an easy way for an evil stranger to gain access to the room. I guess it might be safer to wait until they use their master key. Trying not to be overly paranoid but as others have said, this is kind of creepy.
We never saw a picture ID when we did room checks. They just had their normal name tag on. You could always ask the front desk for them to come at certain times. It’s not a guarantee but I know it has worked for some people.

There is barely room to walk between the two beds. There are lots of pillows; would they sleep in the same bed with a row of pillows between them? If they don’t want to share a bed, you could leave the Murphy up and use two twin air mattresses, though that seems like a waste of a bed.

Edit: I’m not sure there would be room for two around the table if the bed was up. I think your choices are blocking the door, getting them to accept one bed, or two rooms. Maybe it could go into the bathroom area, but that seems worse than blocking the door.

I am sitting here looking at the space with the Murphy down. You aren’t going to get a 20” high inflatable bed anywhere in the room. If you had a, say, 6” high, then it might fit with a corner going under the Murphy and the rest in the area in front of the door. But the area by the door is the only area you will fit anything other than a child size or toddler bed. With the bed up, there is a problem with the table leg, which has a horizontal support that means you can’t put a bed through under the table, limiting you to one air bed, not two. The walkway at the end of the Murphy and in front of the dresser is maybe 2 1/2 feet, and three feet from the end of the regular bed to the dresser, so not enough width there. I do not know if the dresser can be moved (bad back so not trying), but there is insufficient space on either side for an air bed although if it could be moved closer to the beverage center there might be room at the end of the regular bed for a twin air bed. There is barely a foot between the beds and barely a foot between the regular bed and the far wall. These rooms were not designed for any extra beds other than a small baby bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter