• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Room request question... I was thinking of requesting “fireworks view” as the likelihood of us seeing any night shows is slim. I am just wondering if you can actually view them from inside the room. And if you don’t have that room is there someplace you can be outside and still see a little? Just unsure if it’s worthwhile to put that in as a request. Or if there would be any downside to that location. We’ve never stayed on site before.

did Front Desk put this on a physical gift card for you or did they put the credit on your account and tell you to access it through the My Disney Experience App? TIA
It was sent via email I then added it to the physical gc I had with me on the Disney gift card website

Room request question... I was thinking of requesting “fireworks view” as the likelihood of us seeing any night shows is slim. I am just wondering if you can actually view them from inside the room. And if you don’t have that room is there someplace you can be outside and still see a little? Just unsure if it’s worthwhile to put that in as a request. Or if there would be any downside to that location. We’ve never stayed on site before.
We were able to see some on the walkway near the AoA bridge. We were standing by the 60s buildings.

Just a heads up about room requests. I will say that my past 2 trips my room requests have not been granted at all, not even in the decades requested.

In Jan I requested 70’s lake view. I had called Disney with my request as well as had Touring Plans submit a faxed request. I was given 80’s parking lot view room 7458. It was a LONG walk (after long open to close days in the parks). I said after that trip I would never want to stay in that area again.

A week ago today we returned for a short trip. This time I called and requested 60’s lakeview or 70’s . I also had Touring Plans fax in a request for a room in building 4.

I received an email to tell me we were in 7358. What are the chances?? Exact same location only 1 floor down. I did not want to stay in that room at all! We didn’t arrive until after 10pm and I thought the chances of being moved were slim but it was worth asking. We stopped at the front desk and without hesitation we were moved to a room in building 6 that was extremely close to Classic Hall.

All this to say, make yor requests but don’t be shocked or disappointed if they are not granted. You can always go to the front desk and request a room change. If they can move you I believe they will.

Hello DIS'ers. I'm excited that I am finally planning my next trip for Sept. 2019. My last one was Sept. 2017. I've stayed in ASM and ASSP in the past and want to "upgrade" to POP this time and have a couple of questions. I am booking a preferred room and would like to try for a pool-view near the buses and food court. Which building would that be? Also, are the rooms a little bigger than those at the All Stars? Is there that much difference between the two? There will be 3 of us. I think it's a savings of a little over 200.00 if we stay at AS. I didn't mind ASM but will never stay at Sports again. Thanks for any info!

Hello DIS'ers. I'm excited that I am finally planning my next trip for Sept. 2019. My last one was Sept. 2017. I've stayed in ASM and ASSP in the past and want to "upgrade" to POP this time and have a couple of questions. I am booking a preferred room and would like to try for a pool-view near the buses and food court. Which building would that be? Also, are the rooms a little bigger than those at the All Stars? Is there that much difference between the two? There will be 3 of us. I think it's a savings of a little over 200.00 if we stay at AS. I didn't mind ASM but will never stay at Sports again. Thanks for any info!
the room size at Pop and the All Stars is exactly the same square footage. I will say that to me the Pop rooms post-refurbishment feel larger than they did before even though they now have 2 queen beds rather than 2 double beds. The rooms are just layed out better now with a lot more storage. (If you have the table bed up there is even more space). The All Starts are starting to be refurbished also but I am not aware of what order the refurbishments are being done.

You mention ‘preferred view’ and ‘pool view’. These types of rooms actually fall into 3 different categories at Pop so depending on what you book, it will make a difference in which building you are placed in. The 3 category options from leastvexpensive to most expensive are:

1. Standard pool view -buildings 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9

2. Preferred rooms - buildings 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10.

3. Preferred pool view rooms - buildings 4 and 5

If you google ‘Pop Century Map’ you can quickly find a map to go with above info.

Hope this helps.

the room size at Pop and the All Stars is exactly the same square footage. I will say that to me the Pop rooms post-refurbishment feel larger than they did before even though they now have 2 queen beds rather than 2 double beds. The rooms are just layed out better now with a lot more storage. (If you have the table bed up there is even more space). The All Starts are starting to be refurbished also but I am not aware of what order the refurbishments are being done.

You mention ‘preferred view’ and ‘pool view’. These types of rooms actually fall into 3 different categories at Pop so depending on what you book, it will make a difference in which building you are placed in. The 3 category options from leastvexpensive to most expensive are:

1. Standard pool view -buildings 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9

2. Preferred rooms - buildings 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10.

3. Preferred pool view rooms - buildings 4 and 5

If you google ‘Pop Century Map’ you can quickly find a map to go with above info.

Hope this helps.
Wow, what great information! I'll have to see what a table bed is. I would only need one queen for my son and his wife and a smaller bed for me! Thank you so much!

Hi, I have never stayed at this resort before, but liked the style of the refurbished rooms. Are all the rooms refurbished now in all bldgs? If not what bldgs have the refurbished rooms? Thanks

I also have problems with heartburn while at Disney and the new rooms at Pop have tons of pillows when you check in. I usually use between 3 and 4 to help prop me up. Hubby has his two and there are still a couple left over.
I am sorry you have to deal with this awful heartburn too. I so don't want it to ruin our vacation!!! I greatly appreciate the information and will probably bring a couple of pillows from home just to be safe!

Wow, what great information! I'll have to see what a table bed is. I would only need one queen for my son and his wife and a smaller bed for me! Thank you so much!
A table bed is a second queen sized bed that folds out of the wall like a Murphy bed. The mattresses on both beds are identical and I found both beds to be equally comfortable. (Add me to the list of those who wish they could replace their mattress at home with a mattress from Pop!!)

I am sorry you have to deal with this awful heartburn too. I so don't want it to ruin our vacation!!! I greatly appreciate the information and will probably bring a couple of pillows from home just to be safe!
The rooms at Pop come with 8 pillows and more are available upon request. There is no need to bring your own unless you really wish to.

I just got back from my two weeks at Pop and I'm realizing I have to cook dinner tonight for the first time in a long time. So I bought grape tomatoes, arugula, and a four cheese blend so I can recreate my favourite artisanal pizza. :)

I'm also going to miss the turkey, pot roast, meatloaf and mashed potatoes from the foodcourt. Delicious!!!!
Yep. I ate a lot. :blush:

I just got back from my two weeks at Pop and I'm realizing I have to cook dinner tonight for the first time in a long time. So I bought grape tomatoes, arugula, and a four cheese blend so I can recreate my favourite artisanal pizza. :)

I'm also going to miss the turkey, pot roast, meatloaf and mashed potatoes from the foodcourt. Delicious!!!!
Yep. I ate a lot. :blush:
Having to cook and clean again when you return home is a real downer isn’t it?! Oh if we could only stay in the Disney bubble.....:love:

Having to cook and clean again when you return home is a real downer isn’t it?! Oh if we could only stay in the Disney bubble.....:love:
Im still in bed reading a book and in complete denial that our 2 Disney suitcases spewed dirty clothes, souvenirs and assorted other things around our main floor last night. I’m giving myself 1 more hour until stepping downstairs and facing the post-Disney reality that is scattered across the front hall and family room. :D

PS: Drinking coffee while enjoying one of the treats we picked up from Goofy’s Candy Store is also aiding in slowly popping the Disney bubble. Right now I’ve sprung a slow leak in my bubble. Stepping downstairs I know it will be a full blown ‘pop’!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter