Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several years ago were in room 2454. 4th floor, lake facing in the 50's section. We had a nice, albeit distant view of both the MK and Epcot fireworks just by standing in our doorway. In addition to the fireworks view, it was a wonderful location. Right off the lake path, view of AoA and we could see a bit of Tower of Terror. I'm going to add however that I am not sure what the gondola construction has done to that view, I haven't been to pop since they started that. But it was a nice view both day and night and a good location overall in my ooinion.
At this point the gondola construction hasn’t really changed the view other than you may be able to see some of the station construction over to the side.

The gondolas take up minimal space and once function g I think they’re going to be a beautiful addition!

What @momma2ethan said. From the onset I don't think this is a "perk" they advertise but I've been able to opt out every time. I've had the experience you have to do this at the front desk though (we just returned from a trip Aug 22)
BTW @akayek31 love HOOK!!
They even asked me at the front desk if I wanted to opt out when I stopped by for something else the day I checked in (a couple weeks ago).

Several years ago were in room 2454. 4th floor, lake facing in the 50's section. We had a nice, albeit distant view of both the MK and Epcot fireworks just by standing in our doorway. In addition to the fireworks view, it was a wonderful location. Right off the lake path, view of AoA and we could see a bit of Tower of Terror. I'm going to add however that I am not sure what the gondola construction has done to that view, I haven't been to pop since they started that. But it was a nice view both day and night and a good location overall in my ooinion.
Thanks for sharing your experience! Nice to know it was also a great location!

Room request question... I was thinking of requesting “fireworks view” as the likelihood of us seeing any night shows is slim. I am just wondering if you can actually view them from inside the room. And if you don’t have that room is there someplace you can be outside and still see a little? Just unsure if it’s worthwhile to put that in as a request. Or if there would be any downside to that location. We’ve never stayed on site before.
We love the "Fireworks View Rooms" at POP.:)

They also provide a nice view of Hourglass Lake.

DHS and Epcot "high fireworks" can be seen easily and MK "high fireworks" can be seen "in the distance".

Many of the "fireworks view" rooms do not afford a fireworks view from INSIDE the room, but all you have to do is just step out onto the walkway.:)

Here is IllumiNations from just outside our Building 3 room.:)

30547171022_1f94dfdcd2_c.jpg

Just a heads up about room requests. I will say that my past 2 trips my room requests have not been granted at all, not even in the decades requested.

In Jan I requested 70’s lake view. I had called Disney with my request as well as had Touring Plans submit a faxed request. I was given 80’s parking lot view room 7458. It was a LONG walk (after long open to close days in the parks). I said after that trip I would never want to stay in that area again.

A week ago today we returned for a short trip. This time I called and requested 60’s lakeview or 70’s . I also had Touring Plans fax in a request for a room in building 4.

I received an email to tell me we were in 7358. What are the chances?? Exact same location only 1 floor down. I did not want to stay in that room at all! We didn’t arrive until after 10pm and I thought the chances of being moved were slim but it was worth asking. We stopped at the front desk and without hesitation we were moved to a room in building 6 that was extremely close to Classic Hall.

All this to say, make yor requests but don’t be shocked or disappointed if they are not granted. You can always go to the front desk and request a room change. If they can move you I believe they will.
Glad you requested a move. We were fortunate and received the exact room we requested via TP fax.

We love the "Fireworks View Rooms" at POP.:)

They also provide a nice view of Hourglass Lake.

DHS and Epcot "high fireworks" can be seen easily and MK "high fireworks" can be seen "in the distance".

Many of the "fireworks view" rooms do not afford a fireworks view from INSIDE the room, but all you have to do is just step out onto the walkway.:)

Here is IllumiNations from just outside our Building 3 room.:)

30547171022_1f94dfdcd2_c.jpg
Very nice!! Thanks for sharing :)

New to the Pop community! I’m in the process of booking 2 rooms for Nov 1-16/19 for our family of 6. We’ve only ever stayed at POR but as someone else said, we are priced out of that option given our length of stay. We’d never really considered a value because we aren’t fans of double beds, so very glad Pop has the queen options! I’m a wee bit sad we won’t be at POR (loved the boat to DS) but am excited to try something new and of course save a ton of $!

So this is our last day at Pop and I wanted to give a review of my experience. This is our first time staying at a value resort and we were pleasantly surprised. We were in 6337 (shower only) in the 70s section. It was close to the main hall and buses and it overlooked the lake. Very quiet and peaceful. We thought the rooms were great and were better than CSR we stayed in last year. The beds are comfortable and I really like the shower. I even like the dispensers-easier to manage than little bottles. Housekeeping is great! The first day we came back from the parks exhausted and decided to rest. The room had not been done yet, so when they came I just asked them to come back tomorrow and I told them when we would be gone. They said okay and didn’t even ask to come in. The room has been cleaned every time we have come back-I love it when someone else cleans for me! My son LOVES the arcade. I agree Pop has the best arcade I have seen so far. It is very clean and even has massage chairs for parents (my favorite part). It is open 24 hours so I would take my son early in the morning while my husband and daughter slept. We also enjoyed the movie at night with free popcorn. The buses have been great other than the first night leaving Epcot. They said there was an accident and the buses couldn’t get thru. We waited an hour after Illuminations. I do think they should have coverings over the cue area for the buses at the resort.
Now for the negatives which are really minor: I don’t like that the values have so many people because lines seem long, however Disney manages that well with more buses. My husband also missed not having a hot tub. Also, Pop should seriously move the smoking section. We had to walk past every time we went to our room. We were always coughing. I don’t know what it is but we noticed more people than ever before smoking at the resort and in the parks??? And finally, I really hate that Pop is always the furthest bus stop. It just killed us after a long day in the parks.

I have been wondering since I haven't seen anything stated in a while, anyone know if decorating windows still allowed? I will be at Pop for 2 weeks in December and want to decorate my window as always.

I have been wondering since I haven't seen anything stated in a while, anyone know if decorating windows still allowed? I will be at Pop for 2 weeks in December and want to decorate my window as always.
Yes! Lots of people still decorate their windows. It’s been fun to see the windows decorated with a Halloween theme since MNSSHP started.

Also, Pop should seriously move the smoking section. We had to walk past every time we went to our room. We were always coughing. I don’t know what it is but we noticed more people than ever before smoking at the resort and in the parks???

Yes!! This was SO very annoying walking to and from the main building and having to go by the smokers area - no way to avoid it and it's very close to the walkway. I've not noticed a smokers area so poorly placed in other resorts.

Yes!! This was SO very annoying walking to and from the main building and having to go by the smokers area - no way to avoid it and it's very close to the walkway. I've not noticed a smokers area so poorly placed in other resorts.
This is the one thing I really dislike about Pop Century. The smoking areas need to be placed in a spot away from awhere people are going to/from their rooms. My DD has asthma, and I always hurry her past the smoking area. There's no way to avoid it, and its close enough to the sidewalk that it's very noticeable every time. I, too, have not noticed such problematic smoking areas at other resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter