Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can leave your luggage in your room (near the window, all pieces in one location) and luggage services will pick it up from your room and transport it to your new resort. You need to contact luggage services the day before and advise them that you will be changing resorts and request that they move your luggage for you.

Is this correct? I have not done this myself but have heard of others who have.

We arrive tomorrow and are at POP 1 night, then move to CBR Saturday. So maybe when we get to POP I'll just go to the desk.

If you don't mind 'popping' ;) back in after your vacay and letting us know how it worked, we'd greatly appreciate it!

Have a wonderful trip!!

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can leave your luggage in your room (near the window, all pieces in one location) and luggage services will pick it up from your room and transport it to your new resort. You need to contact luggage services the day before and advise them that you will be changing resorts and request that they move your luggage for you.

If this is true, I wish I would’ve known this! We took ours down to luggage services and they sent ours over to bc

Just back from 6 nights/ 7 days at POP! Some observations: New rooms have beautiful clean lines. It's a beautiful room, but far less Disney. You lose space, obviously, to the 2 queen beds. I have mixed feelings about having a Murphy bed/ table & chairs. I needed the table and chairs in the morning for breakfast, but had to 'prepare' the bed for closure so that I could use the table / chairs. Bathroom upgrade is very nice and very contemporary. Lots of shelves and storage. Dresser drawers are not deep, which would not be a problem in the summer, but with such changeable weather this time of year, some of our thicker clothes would not allow the drawers to close. There was not a Keurig in our room, but an old 'pod' coffee maker. It was fine. ...and in the weirdest comment I'll make about the room... it was the loudest shower I have ever been in. I cannot even remember a time in my life when I thought, "Oh, wow. This shower is loud." But I surely did this time. VERY loud. Shower itself was fine. Sliding doors in the bathroom help with the space problem in the Values. I understand why the flooring was changed from carpet to hard flooring, but it was never clean. Dust bunnies and grit just from dragging in whatever was on the bottoms of our shoes. I think this is an area that Mousekeeping could improve on. Otherwise, Mousekeeping was very good. Pop looked GREAT for the holidays. Looking forward to next time....

9 Days :scared1: Its getting close! I never traveled this far and even tho I have my FP's, ADR's and all sort of reservation numbers written down I dont feel ready at all. Today ordered some Merch at the Disney shop online to be delivered at Pop. Lets hope it will arrive, seemed cheaper with the sale than buying on property.

I see a lot of people here will be there at the same time as me. I'll stick to being anonymous :D:P

Arrived this morning around 10:30 and our room was ready. We have a split stay and are able to stay in the same room. We got our request of connecting rooms. Bus driver from MK left even though he saw us and there was room, so we hopped on the AoA bus that pulled up and it was a very easy walk. There are Christmas mugs available right now! Case of 24 small bottled water is $6.99 plus tax in food court. Let me know if there’s any questions while I’m here!

I hope to see some folks, too. I'll be at Pop Century starting on 11/28/2018. I'll be in a wheelchair rolling around and enjoying all of the Christmas Lights and Holiday music everywhere. Oh...and all of the park's Holiday Fireworks. I can't wait. If you think that you see me, don't be shy and say hello.

That's also my arrival day. Maybe we'll see each other on DME!

I "think" that is just for changing rooms WITHIN the same Resort.

We have done that several times and that was the procedure(curtains left open with Luggage visible by the window).

(We always leave a tip with the Luggage also.):)

Thanks for posting. I do find it sad to see those towers in Hourglass Lake.
The towers remind me of clothes lines in the sky. :teeth:
While I see it the same way now, I also think it’s going to be very pretty to see the colourful gondolas ‘floating’ above the water. They appear from this video to be much closer to the water than I had anticipated.

Personally, cannot wait to ride these!!!

We just checked in today around 1pm and love the new rooms! We got pretty much what we requested. 50’s with lake view. The gondola cable although noticeable doesn’t impact the view of the lake. Still gorgeous!
In regards to the Christmas mugs, they had them in the food court but not in the gift shop. There were plenty when we got there.

We just returned home Friday night. We were at Pop from 11/16-11/21 then moved to AKL for two nights. It was another great stay at Pop! This was my parent's first stay there and they loved it also! We checked in around 7AM and got our room ready text at 10:20AM. We got the 60s section and connecting rooms with my parents as requested, but we were on the 3rd floor instead of top floor. This was our first time not on the top floor and I have to say, our room was loud, more so than we've experienced in the past. It wasn't that we had any particularly noisy neighbors, we could just hear every little thing. We were in building 4 facing the lake. We did hear the gondola construction starting just after 8AM. It wasn't an issue for us since we were up anyway but it would probably be disturbing if you were trying to sleep late. Housekeeping did a great job, though they did clean the room a little later than we've experienced in the past - usually late afternoon.

We had no issues with bus service despite it being such a busy week. It seemed like every time we went to the bus stop there was an accordion bus at the MK stop. We saw the Christmas mugs in the gift shop every day. I did not see the Duffy bear in the gift shop with a different outfit each day so I'm not sure if they are still doing that. DD was being shy and didn't want to ask this trip and it was just so busy in the store all the time I didn't want to bother the busy CMs. On Mickey's birthday he came for a meet and greet, he would change outfits every 30-45 minutes or so. It was so fun to see him on his birthday in all the different outfits. All the Christmas decorations were lovely! I did get slightly tired of Christmas music after a week of it everywhere :rotfl:

All in all a wonderful stay and no complaints! I'm not sure when we'll return, since we just purchased DVC, but I'm sure we'll be back sometime in the future!

I hope to see some folks, too. I'll be at Pop Century starting on 11/28/2018. I'll be in a wheelchair rolling around and enjoying all of the Christmas Lights and Holiday music everywhere. Oh...and all of the park's Holiday Fireworks. I can't wait. If you think that you see me, don't be shy and say hello.
We will be down the 28th as well but couldn't find a room at Pop so this trip we are splitting between ASSports and ASMusic :( We do plan on visiting Pop though :hippie:

Right now we are booked in two pool view rooms at Pop in Feb/March. Our travel party includes my husband, my DD who will be 10months, myself and my mom. In effort to save money we were considering just changing to one room for all of us. DD will be in a pack n play. We usually do utilize both beds (my husband snores horribly lol), so we're used to the room with both beds down. Do you think it would be insanely uncomfortable for three adults to be in one room plus a little? We looked into the cost of a moderate since it be a tad bigger. But we really really love Pop..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter