Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of a silly question but we have never stayed anything but standard at Pop... We're booked pool view preferred currently. I put my requests in and realized I can't request ground floor. It be easier since we have a stroller, but would not be the end of the world if we did not. But i'm curious, if it's "pool view" is it just the rooms FACING the pool, or does it include all the rooms in the front of the 60s building going towards the generation gap bridge?
Is ‘ground floor’ Not an option for Preferred Pool View rooms? I’ve never heard this before.

If you are booked in a PPV room, those are the rooms that face the Hippy Dippy Pool, not the ones closer to Generation Gap Bridge. Those are Preferred Rooms.

Does anyone know if Pop has any New Years Eve activities tonight? I meant to check before heading to the park and cannot find any info online.

Is ‘ground floor’ Not an option for Preferred Pool View rooms? I’ve never heard this before.

If you are booked in a PPV room, those are the rooms that face the Hippy Dippy Pool, not the ones closer to Generation Gap Bridge. Those are Preferred Rooms.

Nope! I've never not had it be an option anywhere we've stayed. This is the first! It had highest floor, 60s section and near stairs as the only requests. Perfect thank you :)

Nope! I've never not had it be an option anywhere we've stayed. This is the first! It had highest floor, 60s section and near stairs as the only requests. Perfect thank you :)
Interesting!

Just a heads up that if you do get the first floor of this section it is a heavier foot traffic area so many people will be walking on the path directly outside your room.

Interesting!

Just a heads up that if you do get the first floor of this section it is a heavier foot traffic area so many people will be walking on the path directly outside your room.

Maybe thats why it's not a request option, they don't think anyone will wanna deal with the noise lol.

Maybe thats why it's not a request option, they don't think anyone will wanna deal with the noise lol.

You can call to request it. Maybe they took 1st floor off of requests at Pop completely. I didn’t do room requests for our summer trip yet (and probably won’t). I will say we did walk past those rooms a lot going from our lakeview 60’s room to the main building. 1st floor in that section is preferred pool view. We requested that the one time we booked that room type and were placed second floor the room on the end closest to the main building. It was an excellent spot. Just had to go up a flight of stairs which wasn’t a problem for us without a stroller. Funny thing was every time we went down the stairs my daughter ran into the trash can at the bottom of the stairs. Every single time! It became a running joke with us.

We just stayed here Dec 14-21. We were preferred pool view and on free dining. We haven't stayed there in many years so were excited to go back. Here is a quick review on the new rooms, etc:
It was myself and my daughter (22) and we have stayed at all levels of WDW resorts over the years.

Check in: Easy and fast. We had done online checkin, but we arrived really early (10am) so I wanted to just see if a room was ready by chance, and it was! We lucked out getting into our room at 10am! They offered me a $50 gift card instead of having housekeeping for the week. We could still get towels, etc... but they wouldn't come in and clean and make beds, etc... I decided to go for the gift card, as we tend to put a do not disturb sign on a lot of times anyway, as the room is fine and really doesn't need anything.

Gift Shop: Was great - had lots of variety and many of the same things we saw in the parks, so when we decided 'darn we should have bought that....', it was easy to find at our own resort.

Food Court: Great - so much variety. We ate here every morning we didn't have a breakfast reservation and also in the evening a few times. We really liked the pizza here too.

Room: Ok I am going to get some hate, but I really don't like the new design. It was a pain to be putting a bed up and down everyday. Yes, I could just leave it down, but I like to sit in the morning, put my makeup on at a table, relax with a coffee or whatever, and like to have a table. We also have a thing we do in the morning, and that is anything we don't want to forget to take into the parks for the day, we put on the table, so the table gets double checked before we leave. We have done that since my daughter was 3 years old. So I found myself having to move the pillows off the pull down bed and over to the main bed, then lifting it up every day, then putting stuff back on it (that should have been able to just stay on it). It wasn't a major deal breaker, but it was a pain. The flooring felt nice and clean, but I did miss carpet under my feet at the end of the day. TV was huge but was on that super super high def that makes everything look 'too real' hahaha. Was odd to watch it like that. We had a great location beside the pool, but hit a week of crappy weather and never even used the pool! It was nice and close to the main hall though.
We felt the room felt small after a couple of days for us. I travel a lot for work and often am in a nice club room at a 4-5* hotel, so when I am in a small room like this, I notice it!

Service: With the exception of one awful woman we encountered at concierge, everyone was fabulous. I felt the cast members were as helpful and cheerful as any other resort in WDW we have stayed at.

We took a walk over to AOA one evening to check it out. Nice place for a walk. Pop seemed pretty sold out and busy when we were there, and with the new gondola's coming I think its going to be a hot ticket to get a room here.

Overall we decided we need a moderate or deluxe from now on - not because we are hotel snobs, but just need that bit of extra room. 2 adult females doing showers, hair, makeup, etc... and not even having a table unless we put a bed away - just would rather spend a bit of extra $$ and upgrade. I think its a great spot to stay, especially if you just want to sleep and shower or are on a budget - nothing wrong with it at all!!!!

In comparison, the week prior, we stayed at Cabana Bay (universal) for 3 nights for what would be an almost identical rate, and the difference was night and day! WOW what a resort - and it was closer to a deluxe at Disney for $149/night! The pools, the lazy river, amazing food court, indoor corridors, big room, huge bathroom, etc...etc...... If WDW had Cabana Bay they would be charging $400++ a night for it. We LOVED it there! We are not big Universal fans (many rides give my daughter motion sickness due to it all being on a screen with motion simulator) and stayed there just for fun before heading out on the Dream for 4 nights. We went to the outlet mall and had a pool day. I wish Cabana Bay was at Disney! Would be a perfect combo for us! hahaha!
Where was your room? I'm headed there in a few weeks and I booked prefer pool view. I think I would like to be on the 3rd floor but I really want to be as close to classic hall as possible

Where was your room? I'm headed there in a few weeks and I booked prefer pool view. I think I would like to be on the 3rd floor but I really want to be as close to classic hall as possible
If you are in a Preferred Pool View room those rooms are the closest to Classic Hall. There are not very many of these rooms (96 in total) so they are all close to Classic Hall.

Kind of a silly question but we have never stayed anything but standard at Pop... We're booked pool view preferred currently. I put my requests in and realized I can't request ground floor.

You most definitely CAN request ground floor with a Preferred Pool View. If a phone CM told you that you can't, call back and hopefully you'll get a CM that is not so misinformed.

You most definitely CAN request ground floor with a Preferred Pool View. If a phone CM told you that you can't, call back and hopefully you'll get a CM that is not so misinformed.
She was checking in online and ground floor is not showing as an option there with the Preferred Pool View Room category that she has booked.

Oh. Those options are usually useless. They are the exact same for everyone at Pop, no matter what type of room booked. So you could have options that aren't relevant.
You’re correct that it used to be that way but it appears to have changed. (Not sure when.) when the OP attempted to do her online checking she only had 3 options displayed:
- Highest floor
- Close to stairs
- Something else

I wonder if this is a portion of the site that is getting some well needed updates?

Ground floor is not an option for Preferred or standard pool view either, I was originally booked for SPV and didn’t have the option and I upgraded to Preferred and still no option for ground floor so I just called and requested it.

Ground floor is not an option for Preferred or standard pool view either, I was originally booked for SPV and didn’t have the option and I upgraded to Preferred and still no option for ground floor so I just called and requested it.

I don't think it was an option for standard, either, when I put mine in for my December trip.

I just checked our April check-in and Ground Floor is no longer available for Standard Rooms either. Looks like it has been removed from all room categories online. It can be requested by calling 1-407-938-4000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter