Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there no fans in the bathroom that you can turn on and leave on? Here now and so upset with this room! They put is in an HA room which has zero storage, no tub (obviously) walk in shower, no separate door so 2 people can get ready at the same time. Would have requested a new room but DD got here 3 hours before me and had already unpacked and slept in the bed before I arrived. So I’m trying to suck it up and deal but now that I’m getting ready I realize the fan won’t stay on while I’m showering and it’s a sauna in there! Sorry for the rant but I saved up and waited a year for this trip to stay here and experience all the new things and it’s disappointing. I’m trying not to keep complaining and ruin DD’s trip too. Anyone have any ideas on the bathroom fan?
In an earlier post you mentioned that a CM had told you the only way to request a specific style of room was to request a HC room. I’m wondering even if you didn’t request that it that the CM possibly marked your request as HC room?

Hope you’ve been able to switch rooms for the remainder of your trip.

Hello! We are new to Pop and I'm looking for recommendations for room requests. I have tried to glean as much info about that as I can from this thread but dang it's long!! Sounds like none of the buildings are especially far from Classic and the bus stop, is that correct? Is there a "better" section? We have a preferred room booked and I'm planning to request a high floor but didn't know if there is a better option of 50s, 60s, or 70s or if it is just a preference on the scenery. Any advice you can provide is much appreciated! Thanks!

In an earlier post you mentioned that a CM had told you the only way to request a specific style of room was to request a HC room. I’m wondering even if you didn’t request that it that the CM possibly marked your request as HC room?

Ooo, good point! I could totally see that happening. Or just the fact that maybe she did manage to request a shower could be what landed them in an HA room. I do hope they were able to move.

Time to go to the Front Desk and ask for a different room.

You can still request a non-HA room.

They will do their best to accommodate a move.

If you move,personally I would leave a tip for Housekeeping since they will have to tidy up the room,but again that's just me.:)

If the fan comes on when you are not in the shower, but stops when you are in the shower, it is probably on a motion sensor system (I've had those before), if I noticed the fan shut off, I'd stick my hand out of the curtain and just give a wave til it came back on. If the fan doesn't run at all, or if it seems faulty you can call maintenance, but as dansdad said, if it is going to ruin your trip, go down and ask to be moved, they usually are good about it if at all possible.

Don't feel like you can't ask to be moved. If you are unhappy with the room they will try to accommodate you. I totally get it that you don't want to complain but you deserve to enjoy your room. And they can easily have the room cleaned for another guest to check in. But I agree about leaving a small tip for the mousekeeping. :)

Well we did not ask to be moved. After another mini meltdown this morning (shower head, ugh), I decided to just make the best of it. We have stuff everywhere and don’t want to pack it all up again after just unpacking. Possibly the CM I spoke to did mess it up and put us in a shower room when I requested the tub. :confused3

Thank you for telling me about the motion sensor fan! I will try that tomorrow if it goes off again in the shower!

Well we did not ask to be moved. After another mini meltdown this morning (shower head, ugh), I decided to just make the best of it. We have stuff everywhere and don’t want to pack it all up again after just unpacking. Possibly the CM I spoke to did mess it up and put us in a shower room when I requested the tub. :confused3

Thank you for telling me about the motion sensor fan! I will try that tomorrow if it goes off again in the shower!

That's possible. Especially if the request was noted as "Not a shower only". Negative requests are tough because they look at so many requests, it's easy for the "not" or "no" to get lost in quick readings.

That said, even if the request was put in as "room with tub", it's possible there were none available. From what I can tell from the list on another thread, it seems like they did eliminate the number of tub rooms, so it's not a guarantee you'll get one - even with a request.

Hello! We are new to Pop and I'm looking for recommendations for room requests. I have tried to glean as much info about that as I can from this thread but dang it's long!! Sounds like none of the buildings are especially far from Classic and the bus stop, is that correct? Is there a "better" section? We have a preferred room booked and I'm planning to request a high floor but didn't know if there is a better option of 50s, 60s, or 70s or if it is just a preference on the scenery. Any advice you can provide is much appreciated! Thanks!

You have a preferred room, you have 2 preteen kids. Do you care about bathtubs? If so, you want to request that, because only 2/3 of rooms there have the normal tub shower combinations; the others are shower only. Or, you may prefer shower only, and you can request that. (If you call Disney, the CM will likely tell you that all Pop rooms have tubs, and only handicapped rooms have showers. That is NOT true.)

I can't think of anything else you need to request when you already have a preferred room. Pop is awesome everywhere!

Would anyone know approximately how long it would take to get from POP to Universal(depending upon traffic of course)? Mode of transportation will be Uber/Lyft. Also, approximate time from Universal to Epcot. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi everyone, here is my idea about going to SWGE 10 times during my coming September trip:

Plan A. If I end a park day in DHS, I go there around 10 p.m., walk around it once quickly, then return by Skyliner. (I think DHS will close at 10:30 p.m. like they did when TSL first opened, or maybe even later.)
Plan B. If I don't end a park day in DHS, I would make sure I get back to Pop by 9:30, rest 10 minutes, than take the Skyliner to DHS and get there by 10 p.m., and repeat Plan A.

I have a 10 day park ticket, so I figure that I will be able to hit SWGE 10 times! Of course, my plan depends on the Skyliner opening by September, but I'm confident that it will. It also depends on me being able to squeeze myself and a stroller into SWGE without having to wait in line. I think I will be able to.

What do you think? Do you see any flaws in my plan? Here are some problems that I've thought of:

1. If the Skyliner is down for any reason then I won't go to DHS unless I'm already there.
2. If SWGE is too packed to get in even at night, I would just turn around and come back.

Anything else?

Personally, I don't even like SWGE -- I'm a Star Wars original trilogy fan. I just want to be able to tell people that I've been there 10 times already. :tongue:

I know this is back a few weeks, but I am just catching up on this post, SW:GE will most likely use timed entry to get in to the land. That might be problem number 1 for you. :scratchin

I know this is back a few weeks, but I am just catching up on this post, SW:GE will most likely use timed entry to get in to the land. That might be problem number 1 for you. :scratchin
Wonder if there's any truth to what someone on the forum heard about not only timed entry but one pass given per trip, in Disneyland, and if DW might follow suit.

Wonder if there's any truth to what someone on the forum heard about not only timed entry but one pass given per trip, in Disneyland, and if DW might follow suit.

I can't see how they would be able to determine what is a 'trip' for people who live close and can go daily. :confused3 The first month with having to have reservations, I can see being easy to control, but after?

Yeah, who knows how packed it will be. Probably very, VERY packed. If I can't get in I will later brag to people like this:
"I went to Star Wars Land 10 times on my last trip!"
"You got in that many times?"
"Um, no, but I got near the entrance!"
"You call that going to Star Wars Land?"
"I said I went! I never said I made it in! The place was like a zoo!"

But the fun part is in travelling from Pop to DHS on the Skyliner at night. I am expecting to get from my preferred room to DHS luggage check in 10 minutes! I requested ground floor in the 60s. I believe I can get on a gondola within 1 minute of leaving my room!

I'm not sure this would be possible due to the number of rooms at WDW resorts in comparison to DL resorts. The lands will be similar sizes I believe but I don't think DL hotels have near the number of rooms that WDW resorts have.

Does anyone know number comparisons of resort rooms at DL vs WDW?

I can't see how they would be able to determine what is a 'trip' for people who live close and can go daily. :confused3 The first month with having to have reservations, I can see being easy to control, but after?

It's one pass per reservation at one of the Disney-owned hotels at DL. Everyone else will be able to try to get a reservation to get in, but they'll have to compete with each other for the limited "tickets" (or whatever you want to call these reservations). This is only for the first month or so. There's a whole planning page dedicated to SW planning and discussion, I suggest you take a look if you're interested in learning more. :) https://www.disboards.com/forums/star-wars-galaxys-edge-info-planning.204/

Might add a night to our stay at AoA and stay at Pop just to sleep before EMM the next morning. Its 2 adults, 3 kids- 16,9,2. Im wondering what the space is in the room. Is there enough space for a pack n play, with the second bed pulled down? Or is it too tight? Trying to save money because we arrive in the evening and leave early for EMM so spending $450 to add a night in AoA suite seems like a waste of $.
We are doing this exact same thing for a whole week I’m really hoping it’s not too uncomfortable....... really really don’t spend much time in our rooms at all anyways....... I have tall kids though, ours will just have turned 2 and will probably be too big for a pack and play to sleep in it comfortably anyways, in the past we have just brought a crib mattress which is larger i am really hoping it’ll fit on the floor somewhere...... and if not I will be bringing a sleeping bag and if that doesn’t seem to work the two-year-old might just have to squeeze in the bed with the other two kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter