• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can remember going to Cedar Point as a kid circa 1970ish, with my little sister, mom and grandma and we would find a spot at the picnic table pavilion, spread out our tablecloth, plop our cooler down and then just head into the park. I miss those innocent days.
My hubby is from NE Ohio and we've spent many a summer at CP. At the age of 58 i dont find I can do the cork screw roller coasters like I used to and RnRC even leaves me a little pale! My mil still talks about leaving coolers at the picnic area!

Come beginning of June I will be back at Pop where I belong! Trying to decide if I should take my credit card off my room account so I don’t get the $100 hold(s) places on it. Since we are there 14 nights they could put a couple on. (I would prefer they put one on the whole trip but for all I know they could release it day 5 and 10 and replace with a 2nd and 3rd hold. It takes a few days for a hold to release so it could briefly be $200 in holds. Not a huge deal but it is my debit card. We rarely do room charging anyway. It is just as easy to use a gift card. I am leaning toward removing it. I paid off my room only early. Wonder what time they add the hold. If it is before I get there it wouldn’t matter if I took the card off. Decisions, decisions lol
We never do online check in. We arrive very late in two weeks for a one night at WL. I want to see what room I'm getting! We also never leave a cc on file. I just dont like the idea of them holding on to money in my checking account!

Just booked for November! We stayed at POFQ 2 years ago and Swan last year. Loved Swan and being able to take the boat to HS and walk to Epcot but the prices just haven’t come down so we thought we’d try Pop. Can’t wait!

Headed down to Pop in 24 days!!! First time (and probably last) staying on Disney property and I am beyond excited!!! Can anyone that's there now fill me in on the refillable mug designs/colors available now?

Headed down to Pop in 24 days!!! First time (and probably last) staying on Disney property and I am beyond excited!!! Can anyone that's there now fill me in on the refillable mug designs/colors available now?

These are the new designs that were recently released - Mickey with red or black lids and Pixar with green or pink lids. Some resorts are still phasing out the old mugs, but in the refillable mugs thread it sounds like all four variations of the new mugs are at Pop now.

pixar-four-parks-resort-refillable-mug-03112019-1.jpg

new-resort-refillable-mugs-march-2019_7-990x556.jpg

These are the new designs that were recently released - Mickey with red or black lids and Pixar with green or pink lids. Some resorts are still phasing out the old mugs, but in the refillable mugs thread it sounds like all four variations of the new mugs are at Pop now.

Thanks!!! Really hoping to get my hands on the pink Pixar one!

Oh my goodness! I had no idea they had green lid Pixar ones and red lid Mickey ones!! We'll definitely look for those next week!

Oh my goodness! I had no idea they had green lid Pixar ones and red lid Mickey ones!! We'll definitely look for those next week!
We just returned home today ( :( ) and they had black and red Mickey mugs as well as 3 or 4 colours of the Pixar ones during our entire stay. Be sure to check stock in both the Pop store and in the food court for maximum selection.

These are so cute! I didn’t care for the previous design, but these I really like! Thanks for sharing :)

I have stayed at Pop over 10 times. This trip will be the first time we will have a car with us and do plan to drive to the parks each day. Which is the best building to request when driving? Our old standby request of 60's lake view looks too inconvenient with a car. Thanks for your help!
We actually enjoyed staying in building five in the room closest to the lake there on the corner. We parked in the lot that is labeled check in on the map (in reality, only a few Rows are reserved for people checking in)and it wasn’t too far at all from our room. We enjoyed walking through the lobby in the morning and evening on the way to our room.

This will be our first time staying at POP (checking in tomorrow). My kids don’t seem to have a building preference, so I’m thinking closest to buses. It looks like 70’s or 90’s would be best? We have a preferred room reservation, so I don’t know how that drives location.

This will be our first time staying at POP (checking in tomorrow). My kids don’t seem to have a building preference, so I’m thinking closest to buses. It looks like 70’s or 90’s would be best? We have a preferred room reservation, so I don’t know how that drives location.

With a preferred room, you'll be in the 50's, 60's, or 70's. If you're "pool people" you can always ask for 50's or 60's since each will be closer to a pool than the 70's. The 50's will be a little quieter, since you won't be in the main pool area. 70's should be quietest of all - if that matters to you. Enjoy your vacation!

Yeah, no preferred rooms in 90's. I'd ask for 70's.

If you're checking in tomorrow, your room has probably already been assigned, just fyi. I hear frequently that they do that 2 or more days ahead of check in. Of course, you can always ask to be moved if you don't like your room location and they will accommodate you if they can. Not saying it's pointless to put in a request for sure, but it might be.

Thank you all! I’m doing online check in and these were the options with that so thought I’d ask the experts. Let’s see what happens.

Preferred rooms are in the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s.

Just booked for November! We stayed at POFQ 2 years ago and Swan last year. Loved Swan and being able to take the boat to HS and walk to Epcot but the prices just haven’t come down so we thought we’d try Pop. Can’t wait!
It might be just as good with the gondola being up, and in November you shouldn't have to worry about lack of air conditioning! Enjoy your trip!

Starting August 29th, for Star Wars Land opening, DHS is going to open with 3 hour EMH in the morning every day of September and October! And both MK and AK will have early EMH every single day also!

Starting August 29th, for Star Wars Land opening, DHS is going to open with 3 hour EMH in the morning every day of September and October! And both MK and AK will have early EMH every single day also!
Wow...have they ever done a 3 hour morning emh before? Thanks for sharing. Seems like they are doing what they can to try to disperse the crowds.

Returned today from a 5-night stay at Pop Century. Requested 60s Lake View, 1st floor with a tub and received 50s Lake view, 1st floor with a tub. I thought the room was in a great location and quiet. Below are a few observations.
  • I was staying solo and the room was very spacious with the Murphy bed up. I really liked the floor plan and storage.
  • The room was very clean with the exception of the floor. I spilled a small amount of water on the floor and I used a towel to wipe it up and was surprised at the amount of dirt that came up. My socks were also filthy from walking on the floor.
  • I opted out of housekeeping and received a $40 gift card for my 5-night stay. Housekeeping cleaned the room on day one and tried to clean on day 2 but I was in the room and let her know I had opted out. I asked for more coffee and cups and they were refilled generously.
  • The first two days I had little black flies (not love bugs) coming into the room when I opened the door. There were no issues after day 2.
  • Days 3 I started to notice love bugs throughout the resort as I walked around. Not a major annoyance. My family that was staying at the Beach Club also reported them around their resort.
  • The coffee maker worked fine and is a great addition to the room. I purchased the Melitta Medium Road Senseo coffee pods from Walmart so I had no issues running out of coffee. I used a Brita squeezable water bottle for filtered water which worked great.
  • The fridge kept my groceries cold which helped keep my food expenses to a minimum.
  • A word of caution! The door stop is located directly in front of the window and behind the curtains. I jumped out of bed and ran to the window because I heard a very loud noise outside which resulted in smashing my little toe into the door stop. Toe turned purple and I limped around for the remainder of my trip. Not earth shattering but inconvenient. I let a cast member know at check out as a safety suggestion.
  • Buses - My only dislike at this resort. Wait times were always long and required multiple buses for the Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. I utilized Lyft from Pop to Beach Club then either walked to Epcot or took the boat to Hollywood Studios. I usually only waited 2-3 minutes for a car and it took around 10 minutes door to door. Loved this option but I think the Gondolas will simplify this.
  • Airline check in at the resort was awesome! Took less than 5 minutes. It was great not to have to lug my bags to the airport and check in at the airport. I already had my boarding pass and headed straight to security. Loved this!
Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this resort and would definitely stay here again. All of the cast members I was in contact with were very pleasant and helpful. I think the rooms fit my needs when the parks are my main focus. I upgraded to an annual pass so I am pretty sure I will be staying at Pop a few times over the next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter