Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you elaborate abit on the snack credit use at F&G please. I'm going in 2020, first trip to WDW and started to hear snippets about how you can use your "snack credits" at the Kiosks in Epcot at the F&G. Would love to hear any helpful tips. I'm sure this info is somewhere, just can't find. Myself, G-MA, and Daughter with the "Disney Dining Plan". Thank you for any advice!!

I had never done the F&G before PLUS I had never done the DDP, so I'm not a wealth of info, but at the booths, the eligible snack items will be marked on the signs by them. I tried multiple things that I may not have if I didn't have the snack credits. My favorite was the braised duck in France. It was fabulous. I also had the lobster tail at the Citrus Blossom booth. There is an APP you can get to check out before you go. It is the F&W APP, but it'll switch to the F&G booths after F&W is over.

2 more questions..are all the rooms finished being upgraded?

And are 2 rooms at PoP usually cheaper than 1 family suite at AoA?

Is there currently a charge to have a package shipped to resort and held at guest services prior to our arrival? tia

Stayed one night Friday at Pop. We were in room 6145 in the 70s section close to the lake. Shower only, no tub, and quick walk to food court/bus. I felt like the room was smaller than others we've stayed in at Pop. Was it our imagination?

Stayed one night Friday at Pop. We were in room 6145 in the 70s section close to the lake. Shower only, no tub, and quick walk to food court/bus. I felt like the room was smaller than others we've stayed in at Pop. Was it our imagination?

I would like a room with no tub. Was this one handicap accessible? I don't want to take that room type away from anyone.

Someone asked this a few pages back, but I didn't see a response. Has anyone who has been to Pop recently have experience with swapping the drink for a snack item on DDP? We were there 2 years ago and it was not allowed, but I think I read somewhere that they are now allowing it.

Not necessarily. We ended up in a slightly smaller room on one stay last year. The nightstand between the beds was narrower and so was the space between beds when both were in use. There wasn’t quite as much space at the foot of the bed either. It wasn’t super noticeable until you tried to do something like put an iPad on the nightstand and it didn’t quite fit, or roll a suitcase from the door to the closet and have it be a tighter squeeze. It was a shower only room as well, as I request those.

Being able to substitute your drink for a,snack is at the discretion of the restaurant. Having said that we've just picked a snack (making sure it has the purple and white icon next to it ) --not all snacks qualify as a "snack credit" took it to the cashier and said "we would like to substitute our drink for this". This was at POP and never had a problem.

-Is there a room category at PoP where you are more likely to get connecting rooms, as in do the standard/preferred etc have more connecting than the others?
No. Every building's construction is identical.
As far as booking 4 rooms, the rule is up to three rooms. Since you will be on the same reservation at the time of booking a bouncback offer, I would say no.
Bu could she nook two rooms without her husband's nane, the he (or she for him if online) boom two rooms in his name without hers? They'll have to figure out/redistribute yhe Magic Bands but...?
should I when I do online check-in request to be connected to my mother-in-law that is arriving the next day also?
You should call now with both reservations and add "traveling with" to both reservations.

Just a comment about Food & Wine and the dining plan. You can use a quick service meal credit toward 3 eligible items as long as it’s in the same transaction.

2 more questions..are all the rooms finished being upgraded?

And are 2 rooms at PoP usually cheaper than 1 family suite at AoA?
Yes, room renovations were completed a year ago.

It’s good too price our both options as depending on offers at the time and room category available the answer can change.

Last summer it was less expensive to book 2 standard rooms at Pip century rather than a suite at AoA. They also appreciated having 4 queen sized beds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter