Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't decide if we should opt out of housekeeping or not. Half the time I find they don't get to our room before we come back from the parks (we are early risers, back by lunch) anyway, so I wonder if I should take the gift cards. But I do think the beds made, trash taken out, etc. Decisions, decisions... lol
Last week we had one day where we were back to our room before housekeeping (at something like 1:30-2). The next couple days I called before leaving in the morning to ask for earlier service. No problem and it was done both times!

I do have a question though the Murphy bed sheeting does not have a top sheet. Is that normal? Last year I recall both beds have the same type of cheating the bottom sheet the blanket in the top sheet that almost made it like a duvet did they forget it or is the Murphy bed not as nice as the real bed?

Our Murphy bed this week also did not have a top sheet.

Couple other quick comments from last week's stay:
  • I submitted a room request via Touring Plans for 6103 in the 70's. We got 6105! And got notification it was ready while we were on Magical Express at 10:53 am, even with prioritizing room request over early check-in. We liked the theming here and the location was very convenient to everything.
  • We woke up on checkout day and didn't want to rush in the morning before heading to Epcot (flight out was at 10:10 pm). I called to ask about a late checkout and they gave us until 1 instead of 11. It made our whole day better!
  • We tried the AOA food court once thinking it was the better one, but much preferred Pop. Service was better all around. DS12 did like the AOA veggie burger (and he's usually a carnivore). Hubby and I liked the pasticcio at Pop a lot.
  • We were on the QS dining plan and it was never a problem to substitute the drinks with a snack.
  • Buses worked out quite well overall. Got super lucky with catching them a lot of times, other tines had to wait a bit, primarily leaving parks at closing time, unsurprisingly. Even then, they were moving along, lines were just long.
All in all, we had a great stay for our first time at Pop! Previous trips we were at POR and CSR, both of which were nice but I really enjoyed the relative compactness here.

We just got back from a 2-night stay for our Galaxy's Edge AP preview.

1. We sent a room request through Touring Plans. Requested 3436 and got 3429! We loved being in the 50's section. We've always stayed in building 6 (70's) before, but decided to request something different this time. We're now 3 for 3 as far for our faxed requests go. I don't think we've gotten the exact rooms, but we've always been on the right floor and in the right building, so very happy with that. I know our luck will run out at some point though. ;)

2. We never ate any meals in the food court this time since we were only there for 2 nights and ended up eating in the parks for the most part. We did have a few snacks and got Dole Whips while waiting for our ME ride back to the airport at the end of our trip. We also bought a gallon of water to have in the room for coffee and picked up extra creamers and sugar packets from the food court to take with us so we wouldn't have to call and wait for housekeeping to deliver them (and tip on top of that!). Also, I had the great idea of keeping our creamers in the fridge to help us get our coffee to the right temp sooner. That worked out really well.

3. We did take the Art of Animation bus from Animal Kingdom on our first night because the Pop Century bus was just pulling away when we got to the bus stop. I'm glad we did because that ended up being our only time at AoA this trip and I just love that resort! Anyway, dh grabbed a chicken tenders kids meal from there and we carried it back to our room to eat. That was good.

4. Resort Airline Check-in was under construction while we were there so they've moved it temporarily around to the front of the building right next to regular luggage assistance. Checking our bag and getting our boarding passes was smooth and efficient, even though there was a line when we arrived.

5. The buses were just okay this time. We waited quite awhile for a DHS bus on Sunday morning in spite of there being EMH at the park that day. I think it didn't come until around 7 and we were really hot by then. We also waited quite awhile to return to Pop around 2:00 that afternoon. I'm not saying we had a terrible experience or anything, just that they didn't exceed our expectations here. I figured we would have a wait for returning to the room at 2, but I was more surprised at our morning experience. Other than those two times, our other bus experiences were positive as usual.

6. We had to purchase safety pins for a blister I got and those were $1.99 for 12. They had moleskin but no scissors (other than a tiny pair in a sewing kit) so we didn't end up purchasing that. I can't find my receipt from our gallon of water, but I think it was $2.95. We have AP and Tables in Wonderland discounts so those always help. The prices I listed here are before any discounts.

You can totally use your snack credits at the food booths for the food no “adult” beverages at this time! :rotfl2: It’s a great use of them especially on the more expensive items too!
Also--at many booths they will let you convert a QS meal to three snack items--catch is you have to buy all three snack items at the same booth.

We are often being asked if an inflatable mattress will fit in the refurbished rooms at Pop. Friends are there now and this is a picture of their twin sized inflatable mattress in the room. On the left of the picture is the coffee/fridge stand and on the right you can see how it fits between the angled door and the pulled down bed. Hope this is helpful to many!
View attachment 425333
Thank you! This is exactly the info I was searching for. 😊

Has anyone ever Faxed a room request and did Online Check-In when traveling with a different party? We have different room categories than our other party but being near each other is pretty important so I don’t know if we should send in a fax about this since I don’t see how to mention we are traveling together with online check-in?

Has anyone ever Faxed a room request and did Online Check-In when traveling with a different party? We have different room categories than our other party but being near each other is pretty important so I don’t know if we should send in a fax about this since I don’t see how to mention we are traveling together with online check-in?

Your best bet is to call the Main Reservation line, give the Phone CM both confirmation numbers and ask them to link them as "traveling with". Then but a request on both reservations to be near each other. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference. Then make no requests during Online Check In.

I can't decide if we should opt out of housekeeping or not. Half the time I find they don't get to our room before we come back from the parks (we are early risers, back by lunch) anyway, so I wonder if I should take the gift cards. But I do think the beds made, trash taken out, etc. Decisions, decisions... lol
I had every intention of opting our during our last trip, but forgot. The very first morning, after arrival, security came after I turned down housekeeping when they came to the door. After that, I just had housekeeping in every day and never had security there again (that I'm aware of). I was kind of glad I had forgotten to opt out because I find housekeeping less intrusive than random security knocks, if that makes sense.

Couple of questions because I got an email today saying I could go ahead and do online check-in. What exactly is the advantage of checking in a month early? I watched a little video that was in my email and there where a drop-down boxes it showed where you could ask for room preferences, Will there be any blank spaces anywhere additionally where I can ask for other preferences. I am wanting connecting rooms with my mil that is arriving next day(her reservation has a note on it that says wants connecting room with me)
If this is my main most important request should I not bother making any other additional request as far as room location etc.
Also i want to opt out of mousekeeping :) is there anywhere on online check in you can request that? If I can avoid going to front desk I would like to

Thanks everyone:)

Couple of questions because I got an email today saying I could go ahead and do online check-in. What exactly is the advantage of checking in a month early? I watched a little video that was in my email and there where a drop-down boxes it showed where you could ask for room preferences, Will there be any blank spaces anywhere additionally where I can ask for other preferences. I am wanting connecting rooms with my mil that is arriving next day(her reservation has a note on it that says wants connecting room with me)
If this is my main most important request should I not bother making any other additional request as far as room location etc.
Also i want to opt out of mousekeeping :) is there anywhere on online check in you can request that? If I can avoid going to front desk I would like to

Thanks everyone:)
Unfortunately, there's nowhere to write in any requests, but you can call and ask the CM to write something in. I always do online check-in because I love going straight to the room after a long day of travelling. (I do hear that not everyone gets a room ready text all the time, though)

Couple of questions because I got an email today saying I could go ahead and do online check-in. What exactly is the advantage of checking in a month early?

You would save some time when you arrive by getting some stuff out of the way like verifying your address, providing a Credit Card for using your Magic Band to pay for stuff, etc.

I watched a little video that was in my email and there where a drop-down boxes it showed where you could ask for room preferences, Will there be any blank spaces anywhere additionally where I can ask for other preferences.

No. And the drop down options are usually useless and don't make sense. It's best to call in any room preferences.

I am wanting connecting rooms with my mil that is arriving next day(her reservation has a note on it that says wants connecting room with me)

Correct, don't make any other requests.

Also i want to opt out of mousekeeping :) is there anywhere on online check in you can request that?

No. That has to be done when you arrive.

If I can avoid going to front desk I would like to

Even with doing Online Checkin you still may need to stop by the Front Desk. Not everyone who does it gets to Bypass The Front Desk.

Unfortunately, there's nowhere to write in any requests, but you can call and ask the CM to write something in. I always do online check-in because I love going straight to the room after a long day of travelling. (I do hear that not everyone gets a room ready text all the time, though)
I always do online check-in and request early check-in over any requests and we usually arrive by 1pm and have never yet received a text that our room was ready when we arrived. I always end up going to check-in and asking if they have a room ready and so far have always gotten one. You can’t be too picky about your room location though which is ok with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter