• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the shops sell Egg Nog through the holidays? I’ll be there early November next year with no car, so wondering if I could buy it on site (we don’t get what I think of as proper egg nog in the UK).

I might do a grocery delivery, but I don’t need much so as long as I can pick up a case of water, if they sell this as well I probably have room to bring other food bits with me.

Yeah, saw the suggestion on a blog this weekend and thought it could be useful.
I stoped researching it because it was also starting to get me nervous about our morning and our trip isn’t until July. :rotfl: Also realized that there’s a good chance the process will be different then, so I was just wasting my time.

I'm right there with you. We now have someone in our party who had to change to a split stay reservation in order to get free dining during our stay. Their "change resort" day is now the day that we were planning to go to DHS early to get assigned to a BG. I can flip flop that park day with the following day but then that puts us in DHS on an a.m. EMH day and I usually don't go to parks that have morning EMH. Plus, it forces us to be in bed at a decent time the night before which effects what I had planned for that day. Ugh. I decided I'm not going to worry about it until the week before our FP reservation day because the process for Star Wars land and the Skyliner logistics could change ten times between now and then. It would be wonderful if they do away with boarding groups and move to FP by late April. That would be a big help. :D

Wow that seems late for pool opening
Also,in Winter,hours could be much shorter depending on if really cold temps hit on any given day.

Hours could be shortened those days to something like Noon-6:00 PM or the Pools could not open at all.
(But so far looks like it might be an awesome Winter in O-Town-temps are forecasted in the EIGHTIES for our upcoming trip!)

I’ve looked at the maps but can’t quite figure out which building to request to be closest to transportation. We have a preferred room booked. TIA

I’ve looked at the maps but can’t quite figure out which building to request to be closest to transportation. We have a preferred room booked. TIA
They are all fairly similar distances to the buses. The 60's is closer to both buses and Skyliner so I'm guessing those are the most requested rooms.

I don’t know about the pool itself but I believe there will be changes to the Petals bar based on conversations with bartenders in Sept. I didn’t get any real specifics other than vague updates to setup as well as the possibility of adding a refillable mug station.
Sure would be nice if they added some food options.

Has anyone eaten at CBRs Centertown Market or Spyglass Grill and how do you like them? Also how far after they away from the SkyLine?

Just found out that they have Coke FreeStyle machines there, and since we will have free QS dining, a SkyLine trip over there kinda sounding appealing. We’re a Pepsi family, so the limited Coke products at the POP get old after a few days.

Has anyone eaten at CBRs Centertown Market or Spyglass Grill and how do you like them? Also how far after they away from the SkyLine?

Just found out that they have Coke FreeStyle machines there, and since we will have free QS dining, a SkyLine trip over there kinda sounding appealing. We’re a Pepsi family, so the limited Coke products at the POP get old after a few days.

I just stayed at CBR for a quick one nighter after a cruise in November. Its a hike from the Skyliner station to Centertown Market, but we enjoyed the food there and there was a decent amount of options. I''ll probably pop over there to eat at least once on our next Pop trip!

Not directly answering your question, but we ate at Riviera’s QS (Primo Pizarro) three times during our recent trip. We really enjoyed it, and it was just a short skyliner (and a transfer) away from Pop. The food was excellent, and they also had Coke Freestyle machines.

Be warned, however, that they were out of their steak all three times we went there, and one of those times they were out of their grilled chicken entree as well. Service was friendly, but slow. You order/pay before getting your food, and only one cashier was working all three times we were there. The food then took an additional 15-20 minutes after ordering.

Last edited:
I'm right there with you. We now have someone in our party who had to change to a split stay reservation in order to get free dining during our stay. Their "change resort" day is now the day that we were planning to go to DHS early to get assigned to a BG. I can flip flop that park day with the following day but then that puts us in DHS on an a.m. EMH day and I usually don't go to parks that have morning EMH. Plus, it forces us to be in bed at a decent time the night before which effects what I had planned for that day. Ugh. I decided I'm not going to worry about it until the week before our FP reservation day because the process for Star Wars land and the Skyliner logistics could change ten times between now and then. It would be wonderful if they do away with boarding groups and move to FP by late April. That would be a big help. :D

Well my don’t worry about it until we get closer to our FP booking window only lasted a few days. :rotfl: Our ADR window opened this morning, so in the process of finalizing our 3 or 4 ADRs yesterday, my brother started to question our park morning selections, especially for HS, that we had been really happy with. 🤷‍♂️ He’s thinking about adding a second morning, but also concerned about his wife who’s not a Star Wars fan He’s concerned that the combination of getting the BG and not knowing when we will end up doing the ride could really upset her and possibly impact the remainder of our trip? I think he’s over reacting, but he’s the one married to her, so he should know better than me.:rotfl: I’m trying to convince her that she’ll like it even though she knows nothing about SW. The funny thing is, she also doesn’t like AK or Avatar and would be happy skipping it, so I really had talk her Into doing Flight of Passage our last trip. She loved FoP so much, she suggested doing AK two mornings, just so we can FP for it twice.

Last edited:
The Resort Airline Check-In opens at 5:00 AM and is where we’re able to drop off our checked baggage that we want sent to the airport, right? Is that also where you would drop off our carry-ons and personal bag so we could head out to a park and pick them back up before we have to catch our MDE bus?

The Resort Airline Check-In opens at 5:00 AM and is where we’re able to drop off our checked baggage that we want sent to the airport, right? Is that also where you would drop off our carry-ons and personal bag so we could head out to a park and pick them back up before we have to catch our MDE bus?
You can leave carry-on/personal bags with bell services.

Resort Airline Check-in has a desk right next to bell services. And yes, you can check in your bags as long as you are with a participating airline. Make sure to allow enough time to check your bags. They can get busy in the mornings and close relatively early (noon I think). Just wanted to clarify that they are separate services.

You can leave carry-on/personal bags with bell services.

Resort Airline Check-in has a desk right next to bell services. And yes, you can check in your bags as long as you are with a participating airline. Make sure to allow enough time to check your bags. They can get busy in the mornings and close relatively early (noon I think). Just wanted to clarify that they are separate services.

Thanks! We’ve only done MDE express once and honestly that day was a blur to me. I remembered picking bag up at bell service before catching MDE, just couldn’t remember if we did Resort carry-ons all at the same time we did airline check in, or dropped them off later when heading out to a park.

Our ADR window opened this morning and we we‘re able to snag 8:05 am ADRs for Be our Guest the day we leave. Just trying to figure out if it would actually be doable since we’d have to do Resort Airline Check-in. Honestly we don’t even have our flights booked, so it may be moot anyways.

Where does the Uber pick up and drop off at POP? Trying to figure if I leave at 4am to get in line at DHS, if they will even let Uber come in that early??

Well my don’t worry about it until we get closer to our FP booking window only lasted a few days. :rotfl: Our ADR window opened this morning, so in the process of finalizing our 3 or 4 ADRs yesterday, my brother started to question our park morning selections, especially for HS, that we had been really happy with. 🤷‍♂️ He’s thinking about adding a second morning, but also concerned about his wife who’s not a Star Wars fan He’s concerned that the combination of getting the BG and not knowing when we will end up doing the ride could really upset her and possibly impact the remainder of our trip? I think he’s over reacting, but he’s the one married to her, so he should know better than me.:rotfl: I’m trying to convince her that she’ll like it even though she knows nothing about SW. The funny thing is, she also doesn’t like AK or Avatar and would be happy skipping it, so I really had talk her Into doing Flight of Passage our last trip. She loved FoP so much, she suggested doing AK two mornings, just so we can FP for it twice.

Mine hasn't lasted very long either. Now that they changed the operating hours and also moved all of the EMHs for DHS to PM, my wheels are spinning again. If they do this for June/July I'd be ok with switching our days. Of course we probably won't know if they're going to do that by the time we have to make FPs. <sigh> Planning a Disney trip is stressful...I'm going to need a refill on my Ativan. :D

Our ADR window opened this morning and we we‘re able to snag 8:05 am ADRs for Be our Guest the day we leave. Just trying to figure out if it would actually be doable since we’d have to do Resort Airline Check-in.

We always do an 8-8:30ish am ADR at Crystal Palace the day we leave. We've had no issue dropping off luggage at Resort Airline Check-in as soon as they open and making it to the park for a last little bit of magic before we trek back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter