Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if anyone noticed, but they bumped up the prices for the pop century rooms last week. I was glad I already had a reservation, but the average price for the Same room was bumped up between $10-$15 per night in June

Somebody mentioned a Deluxe increase on another thread, but it makes business (but notcustomer satisfaction) sense to increase room rates on all levels.

but the skyliner was life savor.
No doubt,when reflecting back to Pre-Skyliner days at POP and the "sweaty,packed-like-sardines,everybody tired and cranky,children falling asleep mid-summer Park Close bus rides" back to POP from Epcot to now being able to walk out International Gateway after Epcot Forever and hop on a Gondola and fly back to POP makes POP an EXTREMELY attractive choice even with the price increases!

In fact it is almost PRICELESS! :)

Last edited:
We were there this past week and went to DHS twice by bus. Both mornings we got to the bus stop at 6:30, each time there was a bus boarding which we got on (filled to capacity, when it left there were about 5-10 people stuck waiting for the next one). We were in line at the Studios around 6:45 both days.
Do you mind telling what you were able to do getting there that early? Did you get what you wanted accomplished?

No doubt,when reflecting back to Pre-Skyliner days at POP and the "sweaty,packed-like-sardines,everybody tired and cranky,children falling asleep mid-summer Park Close bus rides" back to POP from Epcot to now being able to walk out International Gateway after IllumiNations and hop on a Gondola and fly back to POP makes POP an EXTREMELY attractive choice even with the price increases!

In fact it is almost PRICELESS! :)

I’ll guarantee you Disney is currently working on PRICING the PRICELESSNESS! :rotfl:

I‘m really looking forward to getting to experience the SkyLiner! Hearing more and more people talk about it being a game changer. Also not going to miss the bus experiences that you were talking about. I’m more than willing to and regularly will give up my seat when the busses are overcrowded, but that’s also much easier to do heading out to a park than returning. Not having to worry about that on afternoons we go to Epcot or HS is a game changer.

Does anyone know, or has Disney ever explained, why the SkyLiner doesn’t run earlier? I can understand it for EMH mornings. But the fact that Is they are basically opening HS earlier every morning, so I don’t understand why they aren’t running it earlier and make the SkyLiner a viable option for HS openings? Unless there is some technical reason, it really seems like a miscalculation and money saving move on Disney’s part.

I’ll guarantee you Disney is currently working on PRICING the PRICELESSNESS! :rotfl:

I‘m really looking forward to getting to experience the SkyLiner! Hearing more and more people talk about it being a game changer. Also not going to miss the bus experiences that you were talking about. I’m more than willing to and regularly will give up my seat when the busses are overcrowded, but that’s also much easier to do heading out to a park than returning. Not having to worry about that on afternoons we go to Epcot or HS is a game changer.

Does anyone know, or has Disney ever explained, why the SkyLiner doesn’t run earlier? I can understand it for EMH mornings. But the fact that Is they are basically opening HS earlier every morning, so I don’t understand why they aren’t running it earlier and make the SkyLiner a viable option for HS openings? Unless there is some technical reason, it really seems like a miscalculation and money saving move on Disney’s part.

I really don't know, but I almost wonder if they are trying to control the crowds by not opening it earlier? This way they can send the buses one at a time and reduce the stress on the security lines. I might be way off base, but it's a thought.

I also wonder if it’s because the Skyliner still stops at times? It may not be for long but I can see it being a problem if people go to guest services stating they were ‘stuck’ on the Skyliner and this require a FP.

Just a thought.

How tightly are they packing people in the SkyLiners at park close? Just curious. We are just 2 people so I know we will be with others.

I'm solo and 7 out of 10 times I get my own gondola... When there's a huge line like at park close, I got put in with others but never been more than 8 per gondola... I think the true max is 10.

that’s cool. I was hoping it would be with maybe a family of 4-6 at most. It doesn’t really matter but I would prefer not being placed in a group of 10 closed in it. A tad claustrophobic. So looking forward to using the SkyLiners though

I really don't know, but I almost wonder if they are trying to control the crowds by not opening it earlier? This way they can send the buses one at a time and reduce the stress on the security lines. I might be way off base, but it's a thought.

We just returned from our first stay at POP. On our DHS day (8am opening), we arrived at the bus stop at 7am to a very long line. A bus was already there, and more came immediately one after the other. There were even two there at the same time at one point. Not sure this would be much different from skyliner people flow.

How tightly are they packing people in the SkyLiners at park close? Just curious. We are just 2 people so I know we will be with others.
We left DHS and were on the skyliner as fireworks were going off. We are a family of five and had the gondola to ourselves. However, when we got to the station to switch to go to POP, I was surprised when they put another couple in with us. There was no line so I’m not sure why they crammed us together. Seemed odd.

Do you mind telling what you were able to do getting there that early? Did you get what you wanted accomplished?

Here was our schedule. I recommend getting Fastpasses for what you want to do, and try to schedule them as early in the day as possible. On both our DHS days nothing any good was available after we used our 3 initial Fastpasses:

1st day - Rope dropped Slinky Dog Dash (lined up in Toy Story Land at 7:15, rode at 8:20), Rise of the Resistance (boarding group 2) at 8:45, Smuggler's Run (fastpass) at 9:50, Tower of Terror (fastpass) at 12:45, Rock n' Roller Coaster (fastpass) at 1:45. Skyliner back to Pop for a few hours after that for a nap, then back to DHS around 6 pm - it had rained which cleared a lot of the crowds out, did Star Tours, Alien Swirling Saucers and Midway Mania stand-by (very minimal waits for all) between 7 and 8 pm.

2nd day - Oga's Cantina reservation at 8:15, Rise of the Resistance (boarding group 16) at 9:30, Smuggler's Run (fastpass) at 10:15, Rock n' Rollercoaster (fastpass) at 11:45, Tower of Terror (fastpass) at 12:45. Skyliner back to Pop for a few hours again, back to DHS around 5pm - didn't do any attractions as standby times were all long, just wandered around Galaxy's Edge for a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter