Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Minnie vans pick you up in the building parking lots or at the front by the buses? It seems regular Lyft/Uber will pick you up at the parking lots.

You will have the option of lobby (which is at the opposite end of the buses, where Magical Express pick up/drop off is) or each individual parking lot.

We were in the 70’s section. The 90’s pick up was the closest to us. The van came right into the parking lot and found us easily sitting on a nearby bench waiting. I prefer this over the crowded lobby where the other Uber/Lift pick ups are.

From my understanding, Uber/Lift is only authorized to pick/up drop off at the lobby of all resorts.

Last edited:
:confused3 Six people in a vehicle that holds up to ten is "crammed"?

when every other time we rode it it was just our family, even when the line was long, and there was no line and no reason to put other people with us, yes I thought it was odd that they put us all together. Someone asked about how they were loading people, so I gave my recent experience. But thanks for the helpful comment and reminding me why I normally stick to reading and not replying.

Staying in a few weeks. Anyone been within the past few weeks that can comment on bus versus car for HS? We have a 8 am park opening that day, and was planning on driving there (we have a car). However, I’ve been reading horror stories about the back up just getting into the park and then long lines for buses. I know we just need to be inside the park prior to 8 for a chance at a boarding pass, but I need to get a plan in place in my head for the best transportation option. Thanks!

We were there the Saturday after Xmas. 6am HS opening. Arrived at the bus stop at 4:45 am to a long line exceeding the line up ropes. There were 3 buses waiting with additional arriving. We got on a very crowded bus but the ride was less than 10 mins.

At the studios, security lines moved fast. At 5:21 we were waiting in the crowd for the park to open. At 5:45, they let us in. Using ipad scanners which are quicker.

We walked into the first shop to get out of the rain (oh this was all in the rain!). I immediately got off WDW WiFi, loaded up my MDE and refreshed for the next 15 mins. At 6:01 I had boarding 38. I was disappointed but my son noticed the couple next to us had 110. I then realized it’s a lottery.

With boarding zone obtained, we ran to Toy Story land, slinky line was insane! We did Aliens & TSM then hit Starbucks for breakfast. After Starbucks, we roamed around Launch Bay. No shows were open this early, that’s my only complaint. We even would have sat in that Cars show to kill time but that thing is never open early or late when you need it.

Our boarding zone 38 was called at 9am.

The key is get to the park EARLY! Plan to leave by noon for a good nap. We plan to do the same thing again this summer.

But thanks for the helpful comment and reminding me why I normally stick to reading and not replying.
Well, that's too bad. You probably have a lot to contribute.

The comment I quoted genuinely confused me (hence the use of the "confused" emoji). Six people in a vehicle designed to hold ten doesn't seem to mesh with the definition of crammed.

Public transportation shouldn't ever be expected not to be shared. I get that most trips had been just one party, but when that party takes up less than half the capacity, it's not unusual for a loader to make the most efficient use of space.

I have seen people post that the skyliner usually opens at 7:30am. Does it run all the way to park closing for Epcot and Studios? What about EMH in the evening?

I have seen people post that the skyliner usually opens at 7:30am. Does it run all the way to park closing for Epcot and Studios? What about EMH in the evening?

The way it’s worked up to this point, using the busses for Epcot EMH and HS, if the best and safest option. For a regular opening at Epcot, the SkyLiners is fine. I’m really hoping they change operating hours and make the SkyLiner a viable option when we go in July, but not counting on it,

Spent last night at POP following a week at a house offsite. We were doing a day at HS/Epcot at the end of our vacation and booked POP for the convenience of the Skyliner at the end of our park day.

I forget what room I actually requested through TP but I know it was the outer corner of building 5 near the bridge. The resort was sold out so I figured I probably wouldn’t get it. We got 5146, which was still a great location on the inner courtyard of building 5.

It had a connecting door, which proved to be the worst part of the room for this trip. We could hear every word the little boy next door said from the moment he woke up this morning, while we had planned to sleep in. I don’t know if he was just right next to the door or what, because we couldn’t hear anything else from the room except an occasional remark from a parent. It didn’t bother me as much, as I’ve stated value before and kind of expected it, but my husband (not a Disney person lol) was pretty unhappy about it.

The Skyliner was a real game changer though. My trips down are usually with my mom for girls weekends, and we both agreed that we’ll probably stay there more often from now on, depending on the nature of the trip we’re making.

Additionally - they were actively working on the splash pad this morning when we left. The pool is still drained and there is construction equipment around the pool deck but didn’t see any work being done.

I'm solo and 7 out of 10 times I get my own gondola... When there's a huge line like at park close, I got put in with others but never been more than 8 per gondola... I think the true max is 10.

I had to look and see if I wrote this. That was mostly my experience, too. Leaving Epcot not at closing but late in the day with a healthy line, I was put in with I think 3 other parties, total of 8 adults. I did not feel crowded.

Spent last night at POP following a week at a house offsite. We were doing a day at HS/Epcot at the end of our vacation and booked POP for the convenience of the Skyliner at the end of our park day.

I forget what room I actually requested through TP but I know it was the outer corner of building 5 near the bridge. The resort was sold out so I figured I probably wouldn’t get it. We got 5146, which was still a great location on the inner courtyard of building 5.

It had a connecting door, which proved to be the worst part of the room for this trip. We could hear every word the little boy next door said from the moment he woke up this morning, while we had planned to sleep in. I don’t know if he was just right next to the door or what, because we couldn’t hear anything else from the room except an occasional remark from a parent. It didn’t bother me as much, as I’ve stated value before and kind of expected it, but my husband (not a Disney person lol) was pretty unhappy about it.

The Skyliner was a real game changer though. My trips down are usually with my mom for girls weekends, and we both agreed that we’ll probably stay there more often from now on, depending on the nature of the trip we’re making.

Additionally - they were actively working on the splash pad this morning when we left. The pool is still drained and there is construction equipment around the pool deck but didn’t see any work being done.
Next time try rolling a towel up and sticking it at the bottom of the connecting door. Plus download a free noise app. They work wonderfully! Or request a fan from housekeeping.

Next time try rolling a towel up and sticking it at the bottom of the connecting door. Plus download a free noise app. They work wonderfully! Or request a fan from housekeeping.

I thought about trying a towel but was too lazy to get out of bed. My husband got his headphones out and listened to a white noise playlist on Spotify. I didn’t know you could get a fan from housekeeping though!

It didn’t deter me from staying again. I booked the Bounceback offer for POP for a short trip in June. 🙃

we did that towel thing last time we had a connecting door at Pop and Music and it worked perfectly! We didn’t hear anything next door.

Do they currently have the new metal skyliner refillable mug at Pop? I'd love to get one. Arrive on Sunday

Is there a projected end date for the hippy dippy pool refurb? I went back a few pages and did not see anything mentioned.
Thanks for any info!!

Is there a projected end date for the hippy dippy pool refurb? I went back a few pages and did not see anything mentioned.
Thanks for any info!!

There are online reports saying it ends March 31,but FWIW,the "talk" around the Resort when we were at WDW in January was sometime in May.

Probably no one knows for sure at this point.

January pic below.

Is there any way to get an activity calendar for Pop ahead of our trip? We'll be there for our Honeymoon at the end of May, and we'll have a lot of free time on our arrival day. I read about a Mickey Tie-Dye activity and wanted to check the availability/day/times for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter