Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I am headed to POP next Monday thru Friday and wasn't sure if anyone knew how often the disney springs buses come? I am debating renting a car just because I frequent disney springs daily whenever I visit and if it's not frequent then a rental car might be an option.

Is there any way to get an activity calendar for Pop ahead of our trip? We'll be there for our Honeymoon at the end of May, and we'll have a lot of free time on our arrival day. I read about a Mickey Tie-Dye activity and wanted to check the availability/day/times for that.
It will be published here but normally not until the beginning of the published week. I'm not sure how much the tie-dye varies in time so you might be okay looking at times close to your travel.
Hi all, I am headed to POP next Monday thru Friday and wasn't sure if anyone knew how often the disney springs buses come? I am debating renting a car just because I frequent disney springs daily whenever I visit and if it's not frequent then a rental car might be an option.
Disney buses (with the exception of Epcot and DHS during Skyliner hours) are supposed to arrive at least once every 20 minutes. That being said, I have waited a bit longer for a Disney Springs bus at times but they still tend to arrive fairly regularly.

Awesome, thank you!! It looks like they shuffle the days it's offered throughout the year, so it'll be a gamble

Could someone please take a picture of the mini refrigerator located in the room so I can try to figure out how the dial works to make the frig cooler? Or take a picture of the brand of this mini frig so I can locate a user manual. Thank you

Could someone please take a picture of the mini refrigerator located in the room so I can try to figure out how the dial works to make the frig cooler? Or take a picture of the brand of this mini frig so I can locate a user manual. Thank you

This picture looks identical to the fridge that was in our room in January - https://www.disboards.com/attachments/pop-century-fridge-jpg.369348/

It works like most US fridges - turn the dial toward the thicker/darker part of the crescent to make it colder - toward the thinner part to make it warmer. If there's significant ice buildup, the fridge may either start to freeze everything or (more likely) not keep things cold. You can call for maintenance, or just turn it off/prop the door open until the ice melts, then turn it back to a midrange setting to cool the fridge down again.

Thank you for replying I must have turned the wrong way when I was there a few months ago and with heading back I want to mske sure I know how to work it.

I just noticed on the resort activity calendar that they have bedtime stories in Classic Hall with a cast member. Is this hugely crowded? I think my four year old might enjoy it, if his tiredness has counter-acted his daily Disney sugar intake.

I was looking at touring plan's room finder and was surprised to see that the POP rooms that face the lake in buildings 3, 4, 5, and 6 are all standard level, even though I would think these would be ideal for those looking to use the Skyliner. With the relatively recent addition of the Skyliner, why hasn't WDW re-categorize these rooms? I mean they are close to transportation, which it seems is one of the main distinguishing aspects between Standard and Preferred, and their walk to dining would be minimal.

I have a preferred room booked for November but would actually prefer to be on the lake side of these buildings, so may be looking to down-grade to a standard room and hope they don't stick me in the 90s building.

I was looking at touring plan's room finder and was surprised to see that the POP rooms that face the lake in buildings 3, 4, 5, and 6 are all standard level, even though I would think these would be ideal for those looking to use the Skyliner. With the relatively recent addition of the Skyliner, why hasn't WDW re-categorize these rooms? I mean they are close to transportation, which it seems is one of the main distinguishing aspects between Standard and Preferred, and their walk to dining would be minimal.

I have a preferred room booked for November but would actually prefer to be on the lake side of these buildings, so may be looking to down-grade to a standard room and hope they don't stick me in the 90s building.

They haven't re-categorized CBR, either. I think they've taken care of it by simply raising rates for all rooms at Pop, but that's just my opinion.
Here's a helpful map to see where the standard rooms are:
Better Pop Map.jpg

That's an awesome map, thanks for passing that along. It's a lot easier to read than the zoomed in maps on Touring Plans. It is for me, at least.

I can see not re-categorizing the CBR rooms due to the resorts sheer size. It just seems crazy to me that a room on the eastern most arm of the 50s section is more than the rooms overlooking the lake (like the ones under the Jungle Book characters in the map).

;) shhhhh! It’s our little secret!:D

I also thought they would do a room re-categorization once the Skyliner opened but so far they haven’t, at least that they’ve announced to us.

The challenge is that Pop is running at near capacity most nights so it really is luck of the draw which standard room we are placed in. That being said, our trips are normally 9 nights in length so I’m happy to wait for a room in the location I want or m, move the next day if necessary. We always stay standard and most times I’m very happy with our location.

considering moving our April trip to the last week in August. Anyone have experience with the heat and humidity that week? we have been the 3rd week in September back in 2009, ~ 93 and terribly humid.

If we have a "Standard Pool View" room, do you think there's any chance of them honoring a request to have a view of the lake instead? Is that a different tier of room?

If we have a "Standard Pool View" room, do you think there's any chance of them honoring a request to have a view of the lake instead? Is that a different tier of room?

Yeah, that would be a standard room, not standard pool view. The room assigner probably wouldn't put you in a lake view room, but you could ask at the front desk when you check in and see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter