Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t think of any way to deal with a popular ride that doesn’t violate social distancing, unless they allow people with park reservations to join from outside the park, which they have been unwilling to do.
I have been saying this and I agree with you. It seems like it would solve so many problems and reduce the crowds trying to be in DHS by 10am.

Even if they gave the first ‘x’ number of boarding groups a 2 hour return time it seems it would greatly reduce the stress people are feeling to be inside the park by 10am.

Since park reservations are required to enter the park, why not allow those guests to obtain a BG from anywhere?

My apologies if this has been discussed already, but did I read it right that we will only be receiving housekeeping every other day?

We have a reservation for Pop in November (reservation attempt # 6? this year) and are still not 100% sure we will go. Reading that didn’t make me too happy. 😒

Also, does anyone know the procedure to get refillable mug drinks? Is there a special place in EP? Like a soda line and a coffee line? your help is greatly appreciated

My apologies if this has been discussed already, but did I read it right that we will only be receiving housekeeping every other day?

We have a reservation for Pop in November (reservation attempt # 6? this year) and are still not 100% sure we will go. Reading that didn’t make me too happy. 😒
Yes, Disney is understandably greatly reducing the amount of time cast members are in guests rooms. Housekeeping is every second day and very light.

This link from the Disney website explains current housekeeping practices: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/housekeeping-service/

Also, does anyone know the procedure to get refillable mug drinks? Is there a special place in EP? Like a soda line and a coffee line? your help is greatly appreciated
Refillable mugs cannot be refilled in the parks, only at the resorts that offer quick service. A refillable mug is not eligible for refills at EP or any of the other parks.

To get a refill at Pop you lets the CMs at the entrance know you want to refill your mug. They will direct you towards the drink stations where you pick up a paper cup filled with the beverage of your choice. These cups are being filled by cast members as the beverage stations are not open to guests. You can then our the drink from the paper cup into your mug.

There are pictures of the refill stations earlier in this thread.

Last edited:

I honestly wouldn't bother with the housekeeping - take the extra money they offer you for not having it. They barely do anything and I felt obligated to tip so it was a waste imo. You can still ask for extra towels (we had to multiple times anyway). Bring a few trash bags and you'll be all set.

I honestly wouldn't bother with the housekeeping - take the extra money they offer you for not having it. They barely do anything and I felt obligated to tip so it was a waste imo. You can still ask for extra towels (we had to multiple times anyway). Bring a few trash bags and you'll be all set.
I don't think they are offering the extra money right now, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. When we went in July, we were not offered the gift card in lieu of services.

Ok, I can sort of understand skimping on housekeeping, but I really don’t understand still making people pay full price for it. That is really annoying.

And Disney wonders why people aren’t flocking back to the parks?!!

I don't think they are offering the extra money right now, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. When we went in July, we were not offered the gift card in lieu of services.
Oh that's crummy! I thought they were giving some $ back. I just read the list of things they're supposed to do from the link above. One of the 4 days did all that get done. We had to call and ask them to come sweep because we were eating breakfast in the room and had crumbs. They ignored it till we called. They definitely weren't wiping down the counters (our new mask fabric dripped blue dye on them while drying so I could tell) and only made the beds once. Don't get me wrong, I understand their thinking about getting out quickly, but then don't charge us for a service we're not getting.

Yes, Disney is understandably greatly reducing the amount of time cast members are in guests rooms. Housekeeping is every second day and very light.

This link from the Disney website explains current housekeeping practices: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/housekeeping-service/

Refillable mugs cannot be refilled in the parks, only at the resorts that offer quick service. A refillable mug is not eligible for refills at EP or any of the other parks.

To get a refill at Pop you lets the CMs at the entrance know you want to refill your mug. They will direct you towards the drink stations where you pick up a paper cup filled with the beverage of your choice. These cups are being filled by cast members as the beverage stations are not open to guests. You can then our the drink from the paper cup into your mug.

There are pictures of the refill stations earlier in this thread.
I believe they were not referring to EPCOT with their abbreviation of EP, but actually asking about Everything Pop. :)

The following comments are from another group of visitors at Pop Century this week.

I put their comments in quotes.

I realize that previous posts have similar information, but I like reading guest's experiences and maybe these recent comments might help someone reading.

Disney’s Pop Century Resort By Jamie Fonseca - August 20, 2020

Resort Room

There were several trash cans in the room, but no trash can liners were provided.

Classic Hall is the main Resort building. It features the resort store, Everything Pop! dining hall, the check-in area, and an arcade.

There is also a business center if you need to access a printer or computer.

Pop’s only dining option is a quick-service restaurant called Everything Pop! The dining area is located just past the gift shop, meaning you’ll have to walk through the gift shop in order to get to the restaurant.

When we visited, mobile ordering was encouraged, but you could order inside if you wanted to.

When you go to pick up your food from the counter, it comes in a bag! Double-check to make sure you’re getting the correct bag!

If we wanted to just get ice water or just to shop in the gift shop, we had to line up at the Cast Member, and share what we needed to go in for.

The food at Pop was unfortunately not very good. We were surprised by this, as some of us had stayed there previously and had good experiences, or had heard that the food was delicious.

We ate there a few different times during our stay, and each time, our experience was less than positive.

Jess ordered a cupcake as a late-night snack. She picked it up and went back to her room only to find a turkey sandwich. What a surprise!

When eating dinner, all six of us found our meals to be inedible. I ordered a burger, which was incredibly hard and tasted as though it had been made several hours earlier. It was also cold.

Susan ordered the pot roast, which looked as bad as it tasted. The meal was cold, flavorless, and old. It came with green beans, which were limp and wilted.

We also made the mistake of trying breakfast at Everything Pop, thinking that breakfast couldn’t be nearly as bad as dinner. We were wrong.

The Mickey waffles, a staple at Disney World, were dry, tough, and crumbly. One bite into them and the whole waffle began unraveling.

They were also thrown in cardboard to-go container, and mixed in with the soggy potatoes. Maggie opened her waffle box to find her Mickey with a potato in his ear!

Since Walt Disney World’s focus is on health and safety, the self serve drink area is unavailable. There are now Cast Members staffing the area, and you have to line up and order your drinks. The Cast Member will hand you a drink in a paper cup, and if you have a refillable mug, you can then pour it in your mug.

The set up, while necessary, is extremely inefficient. The line moves very slowly and gets long quickly. More staff members are needed to fill drink requests during busy times. For now, plan on waiting at least 5-10 minutes in order to get your drinks during meal times.

We aren’t sure if we caught Everything Pop! on an off week, but our dining experience was by far the biggest disappointment with our stay there.

If you are planning to give Pop a try, I would try Everything Pop!, but just know that you may need to plan to eat somewhere else.

Located inside Classic Hall is the resort gift shop, which is the resort’s only merchandise location. We found this store to be well stocked with everything you may need or want.

Forget something important? The gift shop carries several travel staples, such as medicines, sunscreens, and even travel essentials like suitcases if you bought too many souvenirs.

There is also a large variety of souvenirs! They had clothes, toys, kitchenware, candy, snacks, and several Skyliner themed souvenirs for purchase.

Each of the three pools also had a laundry facility adjacent to the area, if you need to do some laundry on vacation!

Pop Century features three different pools,
so no matter where your room is, there is sure to be one somewhat close by! Lifeguards, complimentary towels and life vests are provided at all of the pools.
The main pool is in the 60’s section and is called the Hippy Dippy Pool. There are flower-shaped jets to fit the theming This pool is massive, and we also found it to be extremely crowded.

There is a small kids pool located in this area as well.

The Bowling Pool is located in the 50’s section and is shaped like a large bowling pin. This pool was very quiet and we had a lot of fun swimming here!

The 90’s section has the Computer Pool. The computer shaped pool even has a giant floppy disk and keyboard!

Each of the three pools also had a laundry facility adjacent to the area, if you need to do some laundry on vacation!

Pop also shows “Movies Under the Stars” on select evenings (and weather permitting!). These movies will vary but anyone can come and enjoy a movie on a large blow-up screen.

There are several transportation options at Pop Century. One of the biggest perks of staying there is the ability to use Disney Skyliner to travel to Hollywood Studios and Epcot.

The convenient use of the Skyliner is a huge perk for staying at Pop Century. The Skyliner is a quick and relaxing way to travel to theme parks, with the ability to see some outstanding views!

Pop Century also offers bus transportation to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, and Disney Springs. The resort has its own dedicated bus, so you do not need to worry about sharing a bus with another resort, like the All Star Resorts do!

Because of the ability to use the Skyliner, there is no bus service to Epcot or Hollywood Studios.

Pop Century is a value resort, offering a fantastic option for Walt Disney World Guests who are looking for an affordable hotel. The biggest perk Pop has to offer is likely the convenient use of the Skyliner to travel to Hollywood Studios and Epcot.

I would certainly recommend Pop Century to anyone staying in Walt Disney World. Pop has exciting theming, great transportation, and great pools. However, I would highly recommend not relying on Pop’s food court as your main source of meals.

I asked several questions and this was their answers.

Did you share your food comments with management?

Hi Ray! Thanks so much for all of these questions!
We did not share the food concerns with management on this trip.

Were there any food choices that you liked or suggest?

Honestly, based on our experience eating there twice, I would not recommend any of the food there. However, I acknowledge that we may have caught them on an “off” week.

What time did you line up for Skyliner to get to DHS in order to get a ROR reservation?

We had a breakfast reservation on the day we went to HS, so we took the Skyliner from Riveria, so I can’t speak directly to Pop here but my guess is it is very similar. The Skyliner begins running to HS at 9:15. We lined up at 8:45 and there was a significant line. Once the Skyliner started running, the line moved quickly.

Was the Skyliner ever down when you had to take a bus to DHS or EPCOT?

The Skyliner went down every time there was a lightning strike in the area, which makes for difficult transportation in these instances.

Did they offer an activity guide?

I did not see an activity guide while I was there.

Were the Laundry buildings open to using?

The laundry buildings were open.

Was the pool bar open?

The pool bar was open. I hope that helps!

I don't own or rent a car and I use a wheelchair. I love WDW using their transportation.

If the food choices at the Pop trend toward not being as good as it used to be and no microwave available, what would be your choices for dining?

I guess I could dine at the other resorts, especially using Skyliner to DHS or EPCOT and Boardwalk Area if I am at the Pop. Or any park if I'm already at a park.

For eating in my room, I'm not much of a cereal person.

I was thinking of buying cold sandwiches and snacks to put in the fridge for late-night if everything is closed.

Pop has a Turkey Sandwich (Turkey, Mozzarella, Sweet Bell Peppers, Basil Aïoli, Lettuce, and Balsamic Vinaigrette) and a Salad with Chilled Chicken (Chilled Chicken Breast served over a bed of Romaine tossed with Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Onions, and Croutons served with your choice of Dressing on the side). Both those would keep in the room fridge without the need to keep warm like their other offerings.

Plus they have yogurt, Apples, Bananas, Oranges & Grapes. PlusPastries & Snacks

I might try the ham & cheese omelet and pot roast dinner at least once to see if they are warm or fresh.

The BoardWalk Bakery has good cold sandwiches like a Ham and Swiss Sandwich and
The Big and Beefy Sandwich (Focaccia Bread, Roast Beef, Caramelized Fennel, and Onions on a Whole-Grain Creamy Mustard Sauce served with Chips), Parfaits and desserts. Plus a Caesar Salad with Chicken (Kale and Romaine Lettuce, Sea Salt Herb Croutons, and Parmesan).

Disney Springs Earl Of Sandwich has a large selection of choice of chilled sandwiches, wraps, and salads.

I don't know if I would leave Pop just to buy food but if I was already in the area, I might bring something back and put it in the fridge for the next day instead of eating at Pop.

I don't know.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if the leisure pools are open 24 hours? I've read several articles that say they are but haven't seen anyone confirm it.
No, none of the Pop pools are open 24 hours.
Not at Pop Century.

ALL Pools at POP are locked during non-lifeguarded hours.
@WEDWDW is correct that Pop's pools are only open when lifeguards are on duty. For the Hippy Dippy pool this is currently 9am to 9pm. Not sure if the others are different but if they are, they will be less hours as Hippy Dippy is Pop's main pool.

They've been leaving messages on our vmail, but not as early as I think they need to. I called tonight and they said the issue has been fixed for tomorrow so we will see!
Do they leave messages on all POP guests's phones or do you sign up for those... ?? Thanks

For food, since the parks close so early, I think we are going to try some of the Disney Springs restaurants we never seem to make it to on regular trips.

Just went thru the last 30 or so pages... LOVe all the great info.. Thanks!
My questions:
1) Anyone who needs to order Gluten Free meals at Everything POP.. how do you do that?? there is no category for mobile ordering allergy foods!
2) What is the BWI bus Depot?
3) What is the Skyliner bus service?

Thanks in advance. We go to POP in October and hoping alot of these problems since re-opening are smoothed out a bit. And for those who had to suffer thru the problems... so sorry you had to do that, takes away a bit of pixie dust...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter