Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this hasn't been asked before. What have people's experiences been in ordering from UberEats, DoorDash, etc. to POP? Any suggestions or tips?

A quick tip for those wanting faster answers to their questions. DISBoards has a search function where you can search within a thread.

First, you want to be within the thread you want to search. In this case it's the Pop thread....

In the top right of your screen you will see 'Search' 523269

Click that and the following will be displayed: 523270

You can enter a word(s) you want to search for and change the search option to 'This Thread' 523271

After entering your word(s) and changing to 'this thread', click Search. A list of all posts containing your search criteria will be displayed with the most current posts being displayed first. It's a great feature and one I use often when I'm looking for an answer sooner than later.

Hope this helps!

It works on the phone app too but I find is a little more picky about where I click on my screen but it does work there also.

A quick tip for those wanting faster answers to their questions. DISBoards has a search function where you can search within a thread.

First, you want to be within the thread you want to search. In this case it's the Pop thread....

In the top right of your screen you will see 'Search' View attachment 523269

Click that and the following will be displayed: View attachment 523270

You can enter a word(s) you want to search for and change the search option to 'This Thread' View attachment 523271

After entering your word(s) and changing to 'this thread', click Search. A list of all posts containing your search criteria will be displayed with the most current posts being displayed first. It's a great feature and one I use often when I'm looking for an answer sooner than later.

Hope this helps!

It works on the phone app too but I find is a little more picky about where I click on my screen but it does work there also.
Thank you for sharing this. I thought the search option was temperamental but maybe I was just pressing the wrong bits of screen.

Thank you for sharing this. I thought the search option was temperamental but maybe I was just pressing the wrong bits of screen.
You're quite right that the one on the phone is VERY temperamental! The desktop version is great but the other requires too much patience. Wish they would fix that.

Going to post some info on our trip on the just back thread on the main board tomorrow, but wanted to post some things about POP that we noticed on our weekend trip. Hopefully it helps someone else.

Aug 28-31 Friday-Monday
ME was quick, with assigned seats and no other stops. About 15 people on the bus. Room not ready (10:30am so not necessarily expecting, but hoping!)
Skyliner service to Epcot around 11am was prompt and efficient. About a 2-3 min wait to board to go home about 9:45ish?

Any questions, just asK!

Hi! Besides HS, do you think rope dropping the other parks gave you a big advantage over the rest of the day? Some of the other blogs/stories sound like you can go a little later and have essentially the same experience. Thanks!

If the tutorial was intend for my post, I'm still unable to see any answer about UberEats, Doordash, etc. With the limited choices available it seems like there would be a lot of people using delivery services. Just wondering if WDW is doing anything to prevent it or if there is a place where people are to wait for deliveries on POP property.

I did not think the resort was excessively crowded. I did not go to the parks right at rope drop or stay until close, so that may have made a difference in my perception. The times I ate in the food court, I would place my order early, and then click the I am here about ten minutes before I expected to be at the food court. I did not have any issues with lines there either, but I did make an effort to try to get dinner before the parks were closing. There were very few people eating inside or outside. I think a lot of people took orders to their rooms to eat or something.

I was very mindful of times and places I felt crowds could gather and tried to avoid them. It felt a bit like when I would travel during the “tour group season”. The tour groups never bothered me either, but I made a point of going the opposite direction. I even managed to go to DS one day and didn’t have any bus issues. I got there about 11:00 and left about 4:00 before the post park crowds arrived.

It was different, and I wish more things were open, but it was fun and I am very glad I went. My trip was the 18th - 29th.
Thanks fla4fun ~ we used to love POP but on our last visit the groups were just horrible and we ended up switching to POR. I really want to go back to POP and figured now might be the best time.

If the tutorial was intend for my post, I'm still unable to see any answer about UberEats, Doordash, etc. With the limited choices available it seems like there would be a lot of people using delivery services. Just wondering if WDW is doing anything to prevent it or if there is a place where people are to wait for deliveries on POP property.

only thing I heard is door dash doesn’t deliver to pop. Idk if that is fact or not but I recently read that. I have no personal experience

Hi! Besides HS, do you think rope dropping the other parks gave you a big advantage over the rest of the day? Some of the other blogs/stories sound like you can go a little later and have essentially the same experience. Thanks!

I feel the rope dropping HS gave us an advantage by a landslide. And we were some of the first in the park there. We basically walked on Railway and Slinky. As we were walking off Railway about 9:45, the wait was 80 min. Now that was likely inflated but the line stretched through almost all the outside turnstiles. Same thing for Slinky, we basically walked right on but by the time we were off, the line was across the bridge and turning toward Mania.
Very similar at MK. We were on that first bus and the cars were still being held at the tollbooth when we drove past, so I know we had an advantage. We did 7DMT 2x, Pan, Hm, BTMRR, and Splash twice before 10:15ish. But after the second time on 7DMT, there was a definite line forming and the same thing for Splash. These were going to by no means be long waits even then, but you could see the slowdown coming. I still felt as though we were just ahead of those crowds. If one ride on the big rides is all you want then you would be fine at most any time, we are all about the multiple rides though! Lol

AK and Epcot would not have made a bit of difference. Everything was walkon all day. But those were weekdays so that could have made a difference. Just know that on Sat the AK line was probably 8-10 buses deep at 8:45 so I would either go early or wait till that morning rush is past.

I received my first ever pin code! (and it only took a historical event for it to happen.)
Anyway, couldn’t resist it and am booked for the week leading up to Christmas now:yay::santa:
I just received one too.......I’m so tempted to book for December 😬😬😬😬

Hey everyone! Is there a bus to the mini golf course? We'd love to play but we aren't getting a car.... Thank you!

Hey everyone! Is there a bus to the mini golf course? We'd love to play but we aren't getting a car.... Thank you!
Currenly Winter/Summerland is closed which when open has a direct bus to Blizzard Beach from Pop.

Fantasia is open but no direct bus. Your best free option is to take the Skyliner to Epcot and then walk from there. It is across the street from the Swan. It's about .8 of a mile walk from the Skyliner to Fantasia.

If you want more direct transportation you could use Uber/Lyft.

Currenly Winter/Summerland is closed which when open has a direct bus to Blizzard Beach from Pop.

Fantasia is open but no direct bus. Your best free option is to take the Skyliner to Epcot and then walk from there. It is across the street from the Swan. It's about .8 of a mile walk from the Skyliner to Fan

Or if like me you are a lazy old guy, then Skyliner to Epcot or HS and Friendship Boat to Swan/ Dolphin and walk from there. Although I admit I do not know if the boats are operating.

:wave2: Hello everyone, I hope all is well.

This thread has been around since 2014 and as things tend to go sometimes on the Internet, with the passage of time DISers come and go, information gets stale, etc.

As has been done from time to time over the history of these “official” Resort threads, it seems it may be about time for a Pop thread refresh.

If you have any interest in “volunteering” to be the keeper of a new thread, please feel free to reach out to me via PM to discuss.

With so much Disney information so easily available on the Internet these days I don’t necessarily think these threads need to be the exhaustive resources they once were long ago, but sometimes it can be helpful to have an active DISer with a passion for the resort at the helm of the first few posts just to capture basic info, FAQs, resort updates, etc.

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter